Why do we even need Karma Jugs/Drinks?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

Q:

Maybe someone has asked this already.. buuut..

What is the point of rewarding us with all those silly Karma drinks after Tuesday?

They were nice when Karma was not account wide, and you could give them to a new character to give them a head start. They were extra nice when you could boost your karma gain up ~90% with Boosters Banners and Guild buffs..

But now that karma is account wide, and in a few days boosters wont work on them.. Why even have them at all? Just award us karma normally, and take the eleven (yes, 11) Different Karma containers out of the game (eventually)..

Am I missing some reason to keep them in game after Tuesday?

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Actually from now on its a nice idea, they wont be fill up our slots in bags and they are account wide.

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

Yea, they should remove them sometime in the future. If they do, I would assume lost orrian jewelry boxes would just give a random amount of karma once opened.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Other than giving those people a nice shiny carrot to unwrap after doing their dailies, we don’t.

(edited by darkace.8925)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

they will probably remove the jugs/drips/drops from being distributed in the next update…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Yea, they should remove them sometime in the future. If they do, I would assume lost orrian jewelry boxes would just give a random amount of karma once opened.

It would be a prime opportunity to revamp the rewards from the Lost Orrian Jewelry boxes….more random minis, chances at exotics or even a very rare chance for an ascended item.

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

It would be a prime opportunity to revamp the rewards from the Lost Orrian Jewelry boxes….more random minis, chances at exotics or even a very rare chance for an ascended item.

Sounds like a good karma sink. I have more than enough mini priests of balthazar. -_-

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If they removed the jugs as reward from the daily then all you would appear to get is a mystic coin and 5 silver. Most people won’t notice the karma gain. This way people get an additional tangible reward of the karma jug.

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

Once there is no reason to save them up (to use with boosters), everyone will just drink them the instant they get them, and it will be no big deal. Like the bags of coins you get from activity chests (e.g. Sanctum Sprint etc.). They could have just given coins instead of bags that needed to be double-clicked on, but it doesn’t make much difference.

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

I totally agree. They are nothing but a pain and tedious to open. Karma awarded directly would be MUCH easier imo.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I must agree especialy now that new drips starts to be very annoying

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i think there is a karma limit or something.

good for those who hit the limit.

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

i think there is a karma limit or something.

good for those who hit the limit.

Considering that karma is supposed to be earned by your good deeds throughout Tyria and is now account based I would sincerely hope that there is no limit. If there is that’s like saying, okay you’ve been very helpful, but you can’t do any more good deeds and be rewarded for it…..

If there is a limit, I think I would throw a conniption.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I’d like to know why they’re ALL “rare” quality?

I’m really really really getting SICK of being outright trolled by the “Ooh Sweet Loot!” audioresponse every couple times that I open a Champion Box when there’s never anything but Masterworks and a tiny little sip of Karma. ….plz…. stop it…. “Sips” should only be “fine” quality or something.

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

After the update they should just be consumed automatically once you get them. Would be a cheap and simple solution imo instead of removing them.
And everyone would be happy.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Let me get this right. Because we will only be getting 4500 × 1.5 karma rather than 4500 × 1.95 karma if you are able to pile on all the bonuses, they are now worthless?

Wow privileged much? I would say most players never got close to 50% much less beyond that. So you can’t get an extra 45% over what the unwashed masses get so the item is useless now. /shakes head

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes