Why do you still log in?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Operant conditioning. =P
Consequently, I tend to drool when I see laurels. Is that a bad thing? >.>"

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

1. Grown attachment to my creations ( characters )

2. Love the scenic beauty and ambiance.

3. Game-play is pretty fun to go on and do a random event for a bit of stress relief.

~ none of the 3 reasons I mention would matter to me if the game wasn’t subscription free ~

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

1. Spvp…mostly hotjoins. It can be fun until it’s not.
2. These days I may venture into WvW less than I did in the early months, but I always found that mode fun. I see the problems with it and think many players know how to make it better, but it still is decent for what it is.
3. Anticipation of one day getting a shiny drop. Almost 2 years in, I would have thought that I would have gotten at least 1 of each exotic on the loot table by now. Boy was I wrong. Certainly got every green and blue skin out there. I even wonder what precursors look like. Hmmm. So, I keep trucking along.

In regards to my number 3; even though that is probably one of the bigger underlining reasons why I still play, I do have honorable mentions. I was a fan of GW, so I like the world. The combat is pretty good imo in comparison to other games on the market. It’s fast with practically 0 rooting yourself skills.

Also in regards to my number 3; It’s sort of a double edged sword, on one hand it’s one of the larger reasons I play, on the other it’s a huge reason why I play other games with better reward systems. I dabble in D3 and Marvel Heroes where the loot drops like candy….stuff I can actually use.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Outside of stupid guild mission issues, I can honestly say the megaservers has only changed my experience in one way: there are more people around.

Other than that, it feels exactly like it did before with Overflow. Going to any crowded spot would put you in an overflow with players from all sorts of servers. Which is essentially exactly how it is right now.

If that was enough to make you quit the game, then it honestly sounds like you didn’t enjoy the game in the first place.

The problem is, by overcrowding the maps, they have removed the life from the game. This game is about the player (or small group) against all the dangers and challenges of a wild frontier. The hero standing against monsters and dragons, the one who fights for hope where there is only despair…

And then 6 other players, all heading in random directions appear and scoot off to pursue their own goals firing arrows, bullets, laser beams and freaking unicorns all over the place.

It is 100% immersion breaking. Not to mention the complete and utter wreck it has all made of guild missions or anything that requires a large coordinated group.

My experience has been different than yours with megaserver. When I go to an area and I see an event to start working on, I find it odd that I’m all by myself defending this village from a giant monster, especially if it is a Group Event it typically will just fail because I won’t be able to stop them! Versus now with the megaserver, I often run into events that someone else is working on and I can aid them. Oh man, this town is being destroyed, we have to help defend it! Look it’s Lettuce Sylvaripants! He can’t hold them off on his own! I’m here to help!

This is especially noticeable in Orr. It is no longer this open wasteland of monsters standing around waiting for someone to engage them. You actually see other people running around helping each other do events.

I just don’t find it immersion breaking if 5-6 people show up to help and then split off in different directions. To me I think of it like passersby hearing a call for help, detouring their travels to give aid, giving a tip of the cap to the damsel they saved, and then continuing on their journeys. Maybe this person was on their way to the northern area when they heard the call, maybe that other person was exploring a cave nearby when they heard the call, or this guy happened to be using a nearby vendor to offload his booty from a recent adventure when he heard the cries for help. They converge to help this town/person/whatever, and when it’s done they silently nod to each other and then continue what they were doing. To me that doesn’t break immersion.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

1) Daily and Monthly achievements
2)
3)

Sorry, that’s all that came to mind.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I’m not sure why anymore. The game has morphed into a gem-store grab without much in the way of quality development, attention (especially WvW), communication… I’d say more but the OP wants the thread to stay on the right side of positive.

I’ll just say I’m struggling to find even 3 reasons to log on:

1) because humans are creatures of habit and the daily only takes 20 mins

2) because for a few hours now on the weekend, my guild still enjoys what is left of WvW and what is left of our server community in spite of the megaserver change. That has more to do with the WvW community on our server than actual gameplay. Megaserver has ruined PvE for us. So without a community feel, this becomes a tenuous reason at best, because most of my guild is shifting to WIldstar.

3) No matter how hard I try, I can’t get past the feeling that GW2 reminds me of solitaire: easy to play, easy to ignore and only good for some mindless downtime but not compelling otherwise.

This post makes me sad.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

At present:

1) Dailies
2) Leveling an alt
3) … can’t think of a number 3…

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

1. RP opportunities.
2. Pursuit of in-game goals
3. Guilds/friends/community

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

1. No sub fees allow me to have a life outside of gaming and not feel bad. With that established, this title has earned some respect from me.

2. PvE’s story is easy enough to catch up at times, plus I enjoy the fights.

3. I still haven’t completely explored the PvE maps with all of my characters.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I log in for something different to do.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

1. Guild people are pretty cool and awesome (mostly, can’t love everyone you know).

2. Dailies – cannot resist to get that laurel man!!

3. Game is pretty and casual and I love to get my characters juuuuuust right.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Ed Log.7480

Ed Log.7480

1. To do the daily.

2. To do AC and/or CoF, so I make a little gold ; even though Dusk is 1k gold someday I will be able to buy it. I don’t think I would though.

3. Guild Missions. Everyone in the guild teaming up onto one goal. Good times…

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

1) my guildmates
2) wvw
3) my wvw servermates

Naz ©

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

1. Active Combat
2. Chasing achievements for all the yearly events.
3. PvP’ing on an elementalist.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

1. To remind myself why I play other games.
2. To see if my WvW S2 chest is delivered.
3. To remember how amazing this game used to be by having a moment of silence in the character creation screen.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

1) Daily and Monthly achievements
2)
3)

Sorry, that’s all that came to mind.

+1
Ditto—except I have even started to skip dailys as well.
Game is stagnant and the wallet is closed.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Gearbox.2748

Gearbox.2748

ehm.
1: To play with the 5 or so friends/connections I made before the Megakittenup.
Sort of still trying to hold on to that feeling of playing with them and the fun we use to have in PvE.- it just gets harder each day-

2: Doing the daily routine- for achievements… cause ehm..habit? i guess.

3: After a year- and being forced out of PVE by the Megakittenup. Iv’e sort of started feeling wvw was actually fun- flawed by stupid things like perma invis. and lack of serious defenses, but sort of fun—-

But yeah…. it getting harder and harder to really think about it as something I care about logging into.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

1) World bosses with guild
2) daily
3) living story if there’s something interesting

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

1. the hope that they’ll come to their senses on balance and economy and improve the game rewards system.
  1. the enjoyment I feel when I use explosives to destroy foes that are after me on my engineer.
  1. dailies to try to get some skins from the achievement panel.
Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I take issue with the thread title. The question “Why do you still log in?” suggests that the logging in will (or should) stop soon. The OP is putting his/her own personal bias into this poll.

In answer to the question:

1. Because I enjoy playing the game.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

1) To play with my guildmates (a lot of them are irl friends and other became my friends).
2) WvW Raids. I love doing that with my organized group and there still so much room for improvement.
3) I simply enjoy the game.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Because I still have fun playing.

Maybe it helps that I seem to be going through this game a lot slower than most people. I’ve been playing since launch and hit about 2,000 hours last time I checked. But that’s spread across 5 permanent characters and numerous temp ones I deleted. I’ve still not gotten map completion on any of my characters, not done all the dungeon paths, I only got into WvW back in October and haven’t even touched PvP yet.

I feel like I’ve still got tons of stuff to do, and I still enjoy doing it. What other reason is there to play a game?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Guarnerre.8720

Guarnerre.8720

I log in because i have nothing to play till ArcheAge is released

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I log in because i have nothing to play till ArcheAge is released

was a huge disapoint when i tryed that game, some mobs remmember silk road mechanics, on the other hand, naval warfare and sandbox w/o overflow, are a must for all next gen mmo’s.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.