Why does WvWvW not use PvP gear like sPvP?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dokyo.3685

Dokyo.3685

This has probably been answered before, but I don’t get why this game treats WvW more like PvE than PvP? How are you supposed to get the money and/or mats for exotics when you don’t really get much of either in WvW, and don’t have any interest in PvE. I see why they did it the way they did for sPVP, but why not WvW? I’m running around with a few exotics and the rest rares right now and it’s not to bad, but I just don’t get their thought process here?

Ketseras
Crystal Desert – Tonic [Lime]

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I like it this way. sPvP doesn’t feel like my character, WvW does.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

SPvP and PvE are completely seperate in this game. WvWvW falls into PvE not SPvP. It is PvP in a PvE environment hence is dictated by the PvE ruleset. So the answer is it treats WvWvW like PvE because it is considered PvE or PvPvE if you like.

Not giving an opinion on the rights and wrongs just trying to explain why it is the way it is.

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

I kind of wish they didn’t allow food buffs in wvwvw. People already do alot of damage, don’t need more

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I’d take WvW gear system over sPvP’s any day.
Your normal gear has a lot more customization as you can mix-match items to achieve different stats and use orbs for even further stats customization.
In sPvP you get a narrow variety of all-in-one amulets with pre-determined stats and there goes your customization.