Why don't certain champ bags stack

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Besides the point of having so many unnecessary different types of bag drops, we also have same type/rarity champ bags not stacking together. For instance I have 2 different stacks of exotic Hierloom seed pouches, and 2 different stacks of exotics Fallen Adventurers Backpacks, despite the fact the are the same item. Sure I get they want people to buy more inventory slots so they put lots of junk in-game, but same type bags not stacking doesn’t even make sense.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Isn’t that an issue of rarity? A level 55 bag won’t stack with a level 80 bag, and so on?

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

No, it is not that. You have exotic champion loot box, you get the same one some time later in some other map. Both exotic, both share the same name, the same description, the same icon, and yet, they don’t stack. It is really annoying but I was always lazy to make a topic about it. Thank you, OP.

Vague Memory.2817

No, the examples I gave are named the same and have the same rarity (i.e. exotic).

Vague Memory.2817

No, it is not that. You have exotic champion loot box, you get the same one some time later in some other map. Both exotic, both share the same name, the same description, the same icon, and yet, they don’t stack. It is really annoying but I was always lazy to make a topic about it. Thank you, OP.

In my case I’m got them on the same map (Verdant Brink), but at a different locations. It’s as annoying as hell.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The loot tables for those bags are different (although usually similar). Even if they have the same list of possible items, the drop rates can be different.

I agree: ANet should have different icons (even if it’s just a mirror image or a small color difference) and different names for each — there’s no reason to confuse players.

And I agree: it would be good if ANet spent some time to consolidate the number of bags. The wiki lists 71 different kinds of Fallen Adventurer’s Backpacks — 17 of them are exotic.

As Dessa says, “Now that’s just excessive.”

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I agree. There are way too many different types of bags.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Those are different types of bags, that unfortunately share the same icon and name. They look the same, they are named the same, but their drop tables are different?
Is it confusing? Definitely.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Agreed. Some of the bag icons don’t even look like bags. And some things that aren’t bags look like bags.

And another problem that plagues all kinds of icons, not just bags, is that the icon is designed with some light-coloured detail in the top-right corner, where the quantity number is, making it difficult to tell how many you have. That powder that summons fire elementals is like that.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Agreed. Some of the bag icons don’t even look like bags. And some things that aren’t bags look like bags.

And another problem that plagues all kinds of icons, not just bags, is that the icon is designed with some light-coloured detail in the top-right corner, where the quantity number is, making it difficult to tell how many you have. That powder that summons fire elementals is like that.

Besides all of that, some bags are affected by magic find and some aren’t, but only some of the MF-friendly bags say so in the description.

It’s not the most confusing possible situation (that would be if there was only one “champion loot bag” with different loot tables). Unfortunately, it’s nowhere near the least confusing possible situation (even allowing for ANet’s limited resources for rendering icons and updating databases).

tl;dr ANet please. Reduce the number of bags with identical icons|names and yet different loot tables.

Your choice:

• Fewer unique bags (based on itemID & loot table).
  • Unique names for each bag of same rarity with a unique item ID|loot table.
  • Combination of the two.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Yeah. The different loot bags not stacking does get annoying when trying to conserve inventory space. Viewing this thread actually reminded me of this video I saw the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW8KIsMSWa0

I admit that I do miss the old days when mobs dropped loot directly rather than through containers.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hmmm I can’t decide what would be more annoying. The current bags full of bags full of bags or having to disable autoloot because it would require constant inventory maintenance in some situations.

Ayrilana.1396

Hmmm I can’t decide what would be more annoying. The current bags full of bags full of bags or having to disable autoloot because it would require constant inventory maintenance in some situations.

That’s true. I forgot about that. I guess it hadn’t come to me since I’ve made it a habit to salvage everything but I can see how it would be an issue for those that do not want to nor have the copper fed tool.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Well… I’m saving up those bags from Maguuma Falls for my level 55 ele who opens them for linen scraps and leather sections. So infinite salvage tool doesn’t fix my problem.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The bags are actual different items because it allows them to more easily tweak the loot in the areas they want. They share the same name and icons simply because it’s cheaper to implement.

If you think the excess of bags is bad, imagine if there were no bags at all, as in they automatically opened and it was seen as dropped loot instead.

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

If you think the excess of bags is bad, imagine if there were no bags at all, as in they automatically opened and it was seen as dropped loot instead.

That would improve the game dramatically. Just gimme option to auto-open all bags, salvage all the garbage below rare and deposit everything to bank automatically.

Its not just the fact HoT maps have huge number of bags to open, none of those contains anything useful. They all full of pure garbage.

Ayrilana.1396

That would improve the game dramatically. Just gimme option to auto-open all bags, salvage all the garbage below rare and deposit everything to bank automatically.

Its not just the fact HoT maps have huge number of bags to open, none of those contains anything useful. They all full of pure garbage.

And MF would have a larger use again.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Phrased that way, there aren’t any bags that contain anything useful.

The drop rate is low on the stuff that gets our attention, so you need a stack or three before you see exotics or other special drops. With so many different bags, most people don’t wait to open them and so the perception is “nothing useful”.

I’m not sure what the solution is: fewer bags means more stuff accumulates all at once (so harder to manage) and people feel they are getting too much fodder, which is actually a major source of income.

My preference is that they do the three easiest things:

• Give a unique name and colored|rotated icon for each bag with a different itemID.
  • Use only one itemID if the loot table is the same.
  • Consolidate the number of loot tables.

This would reduce the number of non-stacking bags and make it easier for people to wait to open. This allows people more choices about how to manage their inventory, allows the community to get a better sense of what actually drops from what bags, and generally simplifies the mechanics of looting.

Posted by: Mez Koo.9510

Mez Koo.9510

I like spending 10 minutes after dragons stand meta sorting through 20 different bags which, get this, contain more bags! But at least guild hall is a click away.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That’s true. I forgot about that. I guess it hadn’t come to me since I’ve made it a habit to salvage everything but I can see how it would be an issue for those that do not want to nor have the copper fed tool.

The bigger issue would be having to salvage as you fight.

Ayrilana.1396

The bigger issue would be having to salvage as you fight.

Did it before loot bags without any issues. Remember that champ bags were not added until a year after release. It takes no more than 30 seconds to salvage a full inventory.