Why don't we have guild halls?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aragorn Son of Arathorn.4015

Aragorn Son of Arathorn.4015

Q:

Doesn’t make sense to me. It’s a great game, sure. It’s odd how little this company let’s the community in on ideas in the development pipeline, definitely. But why no guild halls? I wondered it at launch and it just doesn’t make sense.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Same reason why we don’t have Guild v Guild… they either have it in the works or have decided that it is not their intended goal any longer.

Posted by: Aragorn Son of Arathorn.4015

Aragorn Son of Arathorn.4015

You’re right, of course. I just wish there was more communication, it’d go a long way to keeping a loyal player base. A guy can dream lol

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

It would, I’m not much of a PvPer… but I would like to have a guild hall. First I’d like them to address the issues with Guild Banks. It’s annoying having to withdraw a stack just to stack items onto it.

The Guild aspect of Guild Wars seems to have been forgotten, or at least it has since Guild Bounties and missions were introduced. Much like fractals were forgotten before that and PvP before that. A lot of these areas, I feel, could be addressed with an Expansion since Living World does not seem to be able to do so.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

We don’t have guild halls because ArenaNet hasn’t created them and implemented them.

Snap.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hopefully, you expressed your ideas regarding Guild Halls in the pertinent CDI. Since the Devs chose the topic, I’m guessing it was something they are working on, and thus, the reason for their choice.

As stated previously by Colin, I believe, they wish to only implement Guild Halls once they feel they have done the best job possible.

Take from all this what you will. Good luck.

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

I miss guild halls. It really adds a sense of community to a guild.
I dream of a guild hall kitted out with all the amenities like merchants/forge/bank/BLT etc etc (I’m assuming something you upgrade)

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I do miss GvG and Guild Halls.
Pretty sure Anet has scrapped this idéa just like many other great ones aswell..

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I never saw the appeal of guild halls outside of GvG.

Maybe it’s the guilds I joined but they were never really used. I’d go there sometimes if it was more convenient than going to an actual outpost, sometimes there would be one or two other people, but that was it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Because they probably studied the concepts of monetization of guild halls and realised that everything was free in GW1, and introducing paid/rented guild halls would just scream obvious greedyness.

Theres been a long time ever since the Anet I know for 9 years released something simply because it was fun for players and not because it filled their wallets.

That old Anet is gone with GW1

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Î didn’t know that ANet was a non-profit organization when they did GW1.

Always good to read something new.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Î didn’t know that ANet was a non-profit organization when they did GW1.

Always good to read something new.

Next time read better then.

I said that the Anet from GW1 made less money because there wasnt this obsession around monetizing and Gemstoring everything. This is not a lie, its true.

They had plenty of money revenue from GW1 model alone that they decided to go “all-in” on GW2 with a huge budget. Ever since then, they are not the same company. Any veteran can see that.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I just wish there was more communication

Don’t we all?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Next time read better then.

I said that the Anet from GW1 made less money because there wasnt this obsession around monetizing and Gemstoring everything. This is not a lie, its true.

They had plenty of money revenue from GW1 model alone that they decided to go “all-in” on GW2 with a huge budget. Ever since then, they are not the same company. Any veteran can see that.

Because it is ANet which does the commercial reporting for this game and not NCSoft, right? Oh wait…

Of course ANet is not the same company anymore. Hell, 1 month from now a company is not the same anymore. They were a business then and they are a business now, that’s what counts. Whether you think they are too greedy or not is a personal perception.

Why can’t all of you disappointed “veterans” simply not get over the fact that this is GW2 and not GW1? Whenever you see something you don’t like you take it as a given that it has to be as it was before and that it’s the greed or ignorance or whatever else that led to this decision.

I do like the concept of Guild Halls, really (I do not however like the concept of GvG very much, but that is a different story). I am a lead developer in my company. I can tell you it is not a simple decision what feature you are going to tackle next if you have limited resources like time and budget. I can easily see more important things to be done than guild halls. No one outside of ANet really knows the level and content of decision making which lead to the road they have taken GW2 on. Paying their employees may be one reason. There may be others as well.

Alleging that they are solely driven by mammon is neither provable nor does it help the situation a lot. There was a CDI about Guild Halls. That is about as much as you can know for now.

Posted by: Belidos.3704

Belidos.3704

Doesn’t make sense to me. It’s a great game, sure. It’s odd how little this company let’s the community in on ideas in the development pipeline, definitely. But why no guild halls? I wondered it at launch and it just doesn’t make sense.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Guilds-Guild-Halls/first