Why dont chests of the mist stack?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

WvW Chest of the Mists don’t stack, but Champion Chests of the Mists, from FoTM dailies and other chests stack.

Attachments:

Posted by: RollFzzlbeef.4092

RollFzzlbeef.4092

because that would make sense in a normal world.

QUICKLY BUY MORE INVENTORY WITH ALL THAT GOLD YOU GOT FROM BUYING GEMS AND CONVERTING IT!

Rip and Tear

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Why in the name of the Six are you not just opening them?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Kakera.3195

Kakera.3195

I’m guessing it’s because the chests give “Proof of Heroics” which is soulbound on acquire and it’s used to give alts freebie Hero Points too.

If your post starts with “how dare” then you can be assured I’ll disregard it.

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

Check the tooltips on them. It could be that the chests have different rewards in them.

I had two fractal chests that didn’t stack from today’s FoTM dailies. Why? They had different tooltip descriptions. One had a fractal research page and the other didn’t. According to the rewards listed when hovering on today’s achievements, both chests should have contained a fractal research page. I opened the one, and sure enough, no page.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I’m guessing it’s because the chests give “Proof of Heroics” which is soulbound on acquire and it’s used to give alts freebie Hero Points too.

I do the same thing actually. I have an almost full bank slot with these in it. When I get to a full bank slot I usually give them to an alt that doesn’t have his elite unlocked so as to give him the “hero” points.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Open the chests, stack those heroic poofs in the bank. Then log alt, walk to vendor and spent them, there ya go soulbounded items used on another toon.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Open the chests, stack those heroic poofs in the bank. Then log alt, walk to vendor and spent them, there ya go soulbounded items used on another toon.

Which they have stated is a ‘bug’ which they intend to fix. Luckily it’s wvw related so expect the fix in a timescale of 1-3 years.

The chests don’t stack because it’s wvw related, so zero time (or as near as possible) was spent checking this sort of thing.

It’s like auto loot being the most useful addition to wvw- so just as they released H0T they removed it from functioning in wvw…

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

From the patch notes:

“Any new Chests of the Mists dropped are now soulbound on acquire, as well as stackable.”

So much for my alts, thanks again ANet!

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

Yeah and according to the patch all those proof of heroics in my bank now are not usable for my toon, only for my already full skilled main.

People were asking for the chests to stack because we needed to transfer them to other chars. Now they are stackable but you can’t use them on other chars anymore…. #logic

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Sadly this doesn’t work anymore now

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.