Why expansion is a good thing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

It brings back older players, it creates hypes, and most of us prefer 1 big awesome update rather than 12 small updates.

LS does give us good content but it doesn’t gives you the “oh wow” factor of an expansion. The feature pack was a good direction, we need more of that

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

I would love to see an expansion, but at the same time I do have some concerns. The idea behind the mega servers was to make the maps feel populated again. If a new region was to be introduced right now, the current maps would once again feel empty.

Baer

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I am hoping that the megaservers were put in with a thought as to how they could add more maps without making other areas even more deserted.

If it is the case that there will be new maps added and tied in with LS, then I would be advising ANet to advertise it as an expansion. Copy along the lines of “GW2 is expanding! Over the next four months GW2 will see the addition of *four new maps *two new exciting world bosses *a new, permanent dungeon as well as the continuation of the ever-evolving Living World story line, leading to the home of Tyria’s newest dragon.”

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I am hoping that the megaservers were put in with a thought as to how they could add more maps without making other areas even more deserted.

They did say in an interview just before releasing the feature pack that now they have a way to combat dead zones that they wouldn’t be so adverse to adding new areas.

Source (Starts around the 44 – 45 min mark)

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.