Why haven't condition stacks been nerfed yet?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I mean specifically in pvp/wvw. Why should damage over time do more damage per second then raw power. Makes me rage.

Bad Elementalist

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Because you are being hit by a ton of them?

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

TooBz.3065

What I mean is that in order for conditions to build up to the point where condition damage is really high I believe you have to be on the receiving end of a lot of attacks. At leat 4-5 people attacking with conditions.

If you were taking focus fire from 4 and 5 people with raw power then you’d be on the ground extremely fast. Faster than with conditions.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Damage over time is not doing more damage per second than raw power. Damage over time from MULTIPLE enemies is doing more damage per second than raw power of one enemy.

Apples and oranges my friend.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

also, there are conditions cleansing skills, tons of them, even aoe

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

FrownyClown.8402

sorry for not being specific. I mean if you are been hit hard from multiple enemies with conditions. Condition cleansers don’t mean much in this situation.

Bad Elementalist

mtpelion.4562

In that case you are still better off than if the same number of players were hitting you hard with raw power because that would be spike damage and you’d die instantly instead of living long enough for healing and cleansing to potentially stop you from dying.

FrownyClown.8402

You can run from and avoid those. Try to run from bleeds. All I am saying is my survive rate seems to be much lower when I fight against a necro.

Bad Elementalist

TooBz.3065

Yeah, Necro’s are really powerful right now. That was somewhat corrected in the last patch (before this one) and will probably be corrected again in future patches.

I think they are definitely on it.

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The issue is burn.

Since poison works the same way as burn mechanically (2x bleed damage and utility, duration increased with application instead of intensity for poison, burn is 6x damage) I say make burn do the same damage and put revealed on the target while they’re burning.

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Conditions are the easiest thing in the game to counter. You are generally far better off going straight power in pvp. How can you be losing to condition builds?

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

also, there are conditions cleansing skills, tons of them, even aoe

Pretty much this. Not only can you cleanse conditions yourself, but there are group cleansing skills and combo fields/finishers that also remove conditions.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

OP

Just try it. Go to sPVP lobby and try ANY condition build with ANY class/build/gear.

Try to find one that you think is OP. Analyze those results with a full Zerk character doing raw damage… I think you will see that conditions are not really that OP (considering that not only you but your surroundings can remove them, if only they were not focused on only than damage).

TLDR: It takes more than one player to kill you with conditions. Conditions are far from deadly if you equip something to counter them.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

mtpelion.4562

You can run from and avoid those. Try to run from bleeds. All I am saying is my survive rate seems to be much lower when I fight against a necro.

Your playstyle needs to be adjusted when facing a Necro since a power counter isn’t going to work there.

Posted by: xydrassial.6953

xydrassial.6953

power build smacks you in the face for 1k dmg, you cc and get away. condition guy hits you for 300 and another 700 over a 5 second duration, you cc but take dmg as you run away (which is total bs in reality as power builds destroy condition builds in dps, but :P).

only real difference is with condition remove effects the condition build does next to no dmg.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Because there’s no food that reduces direct damage by 40%?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Because there’s no food that reduces direct damage by 40%?

Or increases.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

None of you have even mentioned that condition damage is not mitigated by toughness and armor. CD bypasses all that and is straight up direct damage while the damage from raw power is decreased based on the defenders stats.

That’s a huge difference and one of the reasons I can take out a warrior or a guardian 90% of the time as an engineer. All that heavy armor does nothing, I’m applying more conditions than you can cleanse, and I move better than you.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

None of you have even mentioned that condition damage is not mitigated by toughness and armor. CD bypasses all that and is straight up direct damage while the damage from raw power is decreased based on the defenders stats.

That’s a huge difference and one of the reasons I can take out a warrior or a guardian 90% of the time as an engineer. All that heavy armor does nothing, I’m applying more conditions than you can cleanse, and I move better than you.

well the moment you (hypothetically) choose to wear ALL Zerk… is the moment you choose to get kitten d by the first raccoon that appears. It’s not the game fault if people uses 0 vitality to counter conditions.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Conditions are the easiest thing in the game to counter. You are generally far better off going straight power in pvp. How can you be losing to condition builds?

This is last year’s meta. Conditions have been the new black for the last month or so.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.