Why haven't you built a Legendary Weapon?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I diverted effort from HOPE once it hit the final grinding stage because I wanted to see some actual progress. I made Bifrost. I’ve never used it.

Further grinding has since been put off in favor of SAB, finishing up fractals 30-50, and attempting to move up a division in PvP for this part of the season.

Posted by: pandorasbox.6340

pandorasbox.6340

Not interested in going beyond Exotics. I do PvE content only. I rarely play Dungeons in story mode ( Played 2 awhile ago with a fellow reaper in AC. Just the two of us. We had no issues. ) play explorable mode once in a blue moon. Fractals I play once in a blue moon. WvW I never play. PvP I have not even cleared rank 6. I have not even done a raid.

Been playing since Halloween 2012, and I have 17 or so characters. I do world Bosses, Achiements, ( over 5,000 points ) Holiday stuff, or farm for gold. Other then that I do character Development. I have never gotten a Precursor, never got beyond 300 in crafting, and the precursor hunt I could care less about.

I mostly stuck to having fun with friends, guildmates, and there is enough content for me right now to play for hours somedays. I solo in the Jungle, I replay content, and enjoy the holiday events.

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

1. I don’t like grinding.
2. I have never looted a precursor even though I played since pre-release.
3. I like other skins more than most of the Legendaries.
4. Old legendary can be bought, no prestige to own one or two.

pretty much this…

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

First-gen legendaries require dungeon currency, and I don’t do dungeons.
Second-gen legendaries require too much time in HoT and more mastery points than I can gather in the foreseeable future.

Materials-wise, I could afford it. I even started half-heartedly working on HOPE, but I’m still at tier 1.

Posted by: MrMessy.9571

MrMessy.9571

Clearly you don’t mean me, I have made 10 of the original ones.

Got everything but the crystalline ingots ready for when a new one I like (and dont already have one of the originals of that type) is released – havent had time/net access to grind out orbs and ores lately to get it totally ready.\

Legendaries, the first one is hard. They seem to get easier from there.

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Might be a surprise, but some people already have a job irl and they just play games for fun and to relax, not to get a second job ingame.

The point of an mmorpg is for it to last a long time your not meant to get it all done quickly, I will never understand this argument it was kind of the same thing when skyrim came out people do have time to play it and some just dont have the discipline to quit when it comes to rl responsibility.

Posted by: Nemisis.4690

Nemisis.4690

The crappy rng aspect of finding a precursor made me promise myself I would never, ever gratify the ludicrous grinding procedure required to make one of those. Kitten that, if that’ s not a bloody grind I don’t have a frelling clue what is then.

I also refuse to devote that kind of ridiculous time to amassing the insane amounts of materials required; Or in the case of the hot path to them, well… kitten that as well with the price tag. Do i look stupid? This is supposed to be a game, not a full time job salvaging and harvesting nodes. Bully i say…

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I played since launch and never had a pre drop. By now they look worn and old and I lost interest in the original set. The new staff looks cool, but so expense to craft. I am not sure it is worth it or even if I am able to generate the gold to do it.

Posted by: WiredHot.7651

WiredHot.7651

Why? Never liked the looks of them and never had the time to gather everything to make one, plus I am not wealthy enough to make one.
My limit is ascended weapons and gear, which I make after I have earned $150.00 gold and gathered the needed materials. I can usually make a weapon or a piece of armor every six months. Plus I now know what to keep in my inventory and what is useless.

Reunited with God my creator, after calling upon Jesus as Lord. What an incredible experience.

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Well, I would like to add some new things to this topic. Sometimes, a skin is better suited for a player then what a Legendary has to offer them.

Case in point, when I started playing this game, I looked at skins and legendary weapons, I wager like everyone else. But, the one thing that really caught my attention was the Greatsaw Greatsword Skin, and, as you see by my username, it’s pretty obvious why. However, it had a hefty 3500 gold price tag when I started playing this game.

But no other skin, caught my attention like that one did. For some reason, and I am not going to question good fortune, but the price dropped on that skin, and I liquidated everything I had in stock to buy it. I can honestly say, I am happy with it, and I don’t see myself needing to quest after another skin like it, to say, “I got what I wanted” would be apt.

Not everyone is attracted to the same things, for some, they want something else, more they then want a legendary, that skin was what I wanted above all other skins, I am sure other players view other skins the same way.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: GrandPaladinTyrux.5918

GrandPaladinTyrux.5918

I’m poor, I have been working on it but Part 2 of the precursor collections are expensive D;

Grand Paladin Tyrux [RoFR]
Human Dragonhunter
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Lol and people got all kitten about the devs canceling the next set of legendaries…

Not everyone, i couldn’t care less honestly..

Like we need more joke weapons like the dreamer or the moot running around, to be honest they are the most stupid items in any mmo i’ve ever played..

Immersion breaking and down right disgusting to the guildwars franchise.. Yes Guildwars had stupid stuff as well but it wasn’t locked behind 6 months or a year content padding grind to get them..

Before anyone freaks out i’m ok with funny event skins but the legendaries were the final tier of the game, pretty much destroyed that..

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

Too much of a grind, money better used elsewhere like getting all my toons geared up for raids or buying gems with gold. Or that shiny permanent bank access I bought to go with my shared slots.

I made Quip over a year ago because I wanted to pop it in people’s ears for the lulz. Other than that, I had and have no interest in a legendary.

They are ugly as sin.

Also this. Rofl. Even Quip. That thing is sooo ugly.
The greatswords especially… I don’t understand the appeal. I find that the complete flatness of the blades is really ugly. Had they given them the same effect while making the blade actually look like a blade, I would have liked it. However, following someone who is wearing one in jumping puzzles, especially bigger toons, is a gigantic PITA because you cannot see what the hell you are jumping on because it’s covered in their footsteps.

I’d much rather have infusions that leave nice effects in my footsteps than have it bound to weapons.

I also wish they had made the stat changing worthwhile by making it possible to set different sigils for different stats.

(edited by Kasima.8143)

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Mainly it’s because of the crafting requirement. The 1-500 progression has too many steps where you’re forced to put in valuable mats just to spam worthless items. I really dislike systems where you are forced to buy progression in this way. The same could be achieved with an NPC who will take x amount of gold to level you up. At least that way it doesn’t take up your time as well. It’s such an unrewarding experience. My only maxed discipline is Chef, which happens to be the only one that didn’t feel like it was forcing me to buy xp.

Anyone who’s been playing for a while can afford one of the cheaper precursors if they just want to make a legendary. But I’m not pursuing that until I see improvements to the crafting system.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Reason I have not made a Legendary? I have better uses for my time and resources in Guild Wars, that and the startling lack of precursor drops I have experienced even though I played since release.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Useless gear that does not worth money or time invested in it.I have better gem store items then those “legendaries”.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I could have two legendary weapons by now, simply by playing the game. But I don’t.

Why?

I don’t like how any of them look. Simple as that. And ones I do like (Raven staff), I still don’t get because none of my mains use staves

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

started playing in 2012, still no legendary, basically I do not care about em.
If I had a precursor I would rather sell it.

little big wizard – Eu

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

I haven’t made any more mainly because I couldn’t decide which ones to make. I want it to be something I’m sure will be one of my main weapons on one of my permanent characters, and it needs to suit the character. That combination is surprisingly hard to come across.

actually that.
it would be for a class I really like to play and it would need to fit the characters overall looks.
and I never had a drop till some weeks ago, which was a warhorn…which I really do not want to make cause it fits nowhere.
so I pretty much don’t know what to do with it.
I do not want to buy a pre from the TP and never wanted to.
I thought of hope, cause I saw it and it actually looks good. But after years and years of pistol use my engi now runs a hammer ^^

Posted by: Mushuchalaka.9437

Mushuchalaka.9437

I felt the exact same way when I first came back about 1 year ago. I’d have to disagree that they are all ugly. Most of them I would consider one of if not the best looking skins.

Then
1. I would never build a legendary, too much grind.
2.Nothing special stat wise.
3. I could never afford one
4. Some BLTC skins look just as good

Now
1. I have SUNRISE and HOPE
2. I’m actually proud of HOPE, it required some work
3. I still loathe world completion, but it made me do some things I would never have done and actually enjoyed some of em.
4. The stat change comes in handy as I don’t have assassins earrings.
5. BLTC skins, although some are nice(chaos skins). They don’t have legendary effects and if legendaries are nothing special and can be bought, these skins are exactly that, nothing special and can be bought for cheaper.
6. I thought I would never have enough gold, but after selling stuff I don’t need, not spending as much, getting lucky and selling a couple of precursors I did not want. I had enough gold for two legendaries.

(edited by Mushuchalaka.9437)

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Lol and people got all kitten about the devs canceling the next set of legendaries…

The targeted audience for this thread is 99% people who don’t care about legendaries/devs cancelling legendaries. It’s an echo chamber in that regard, and a silly point to be trying to make.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I only finally made one because precursors dropped in price after the legendary journey announcement came out, and I decided to build up enough gold to buy a non-meta weapon. Most of my precursor options are still well outside my reach, and the actual legendary grind is stupidly heavy.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

The main reason is due to not receiving a precursor drop. If I received one, even if I didn’t care for that particular weapon I would more than likely create the legendary.
I haven’t bought a precursor / legendary skin because I don’t think the skins are worth the cost. The max I would pay would be 25-50 gold.
Finally, from what I’ve read on the forums the “precursor hunt” is more expensive than buying them off the Trading post, so again not worth it to me.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Following this topic and a bit of thinking I finally did start the collection to make The Bifrost. Then found out I don’t have enough Bloodstone Dust!

Probably the first time in the history of GW2 someone has been held up by a lack of bloodstone dust!

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The main reason is due to not receiving a precursor drop. If I received one, even if I didn’t care for that particular weapon I would more than likely create the legendary.
I haven’t bought a precursor / legendary skin because I don’t think the skins are worth the cost. The max I would pay would be 25-50 gold.
Finally, from what I’ve read on the forums the “precursor hunt” is more expensive than buying them off the Trading post, so again not worth it to me.

I would recommend checking on the cost of the collections. It may not be accurate that it’s more expensive than buying the precursor any more.

That was true when HoT first came out because precursor prices crashed pretty much from the first time collections were announced as a result of people who had been hanging onto them panic selling while buyers held off to wait for collections.

But once HoT was actually released the collections proved to be not quite as quick, cheap and easy as many people had apparently been expecting (plus other new things like scribing and guild halls created extra demand for materials) the prices started climbing again.

Long-term the two should balance out and be roughly equal. But there’s other factors that affect the cost of raw materials used in collections and rares and exotics to dump in the Forge (which remains the other main way to get a precursor) so it won’t always be equal and will vary for each precursor. Sometimes collections will be cheaper, sometimes direct purchase.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

someone said this once. makes some sense for people who don’t liek the current legendary set up

if we can’t have anet’s legendaries, maybe we can have our own.

Since anet has suspended their plans for new legendaries, they should put a method in place for us to build a legendary we could actually be proud of, and would feel unique to wield.

i think a lot of folks don’t want to use the overly flashy, often silly looking legendary weapons, that everyone already has anyways. but it would be nice to have the footfall and the stat swapping. this way people can see it, know you got a legendary, and its not exactly the same as the one that guy/gal has over there because they are also using a greatsword.

lets look at the formula for a legendary which is simple:

precursor X + gift of X + gift of fortune + gift of mastery

fortune and mastery are easy, they already exist.

we have a conceptual framework for crafting precursor’s, but what if we could bend it a little to make the precursor achievements offer us a gift of X, or something that can then be used to make a gift of X. this gift can basically determine what kind of footfall you make.

And since the precursor achievement gives us a gift of X, let say the precursor X can be any weapon, Lord Taeres’s Shadow or even Royal Ascalonian Dagger, whatever you wanted to make legendary. i know this can be totally variable so someone could use something xtra expensive, or xtra cheap. devs can just make the gift of X achievement super expensive so that this doesn’t become a cheap way to make a weapon w/ stat swapping.

it’d give me more incentive to make a legendary. there are a lot of skins i like more than the current set of legendaries. w/ a framework like this, i could still look/feel good wielding a legendary w/o having to wield a weapon that doesn’t fit the theme/look that i want for my character

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

DGraves.3720:

Why haven’t you built a Legendary Weapon?

I haven’t build a Legendary, because I am a poor WvW player. ;-D
And I love plain, but elegant weapons without (much) effects, and which look like a real weapons. (I <3 Krytan weapons)

Attachments:

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Various reasons.
1.) None of them looks that much appealing to me that I would consider it worth to focus on getting it
2.) Never got a precursor yet and to me, a legendary should feel like a big reward. And it wouldn’t feel alike if I’d just go and buy a precursor off the TP; and I also somehow feel cheating by the game having to buy something what others get for free by killing a yellow moa or something compareable simple (maybe that point is somewhat irrational, but that’s how feelings work sometimes)
3.)Precursor hunt ain’t an option for me either, since to me they are mind numbing collections coupled with an enormous gold/material sink on the crafting side. Doesn’t feel like the reward it should be and imo has nothing to do with the once announced “epic journey”.
4.) Same goes for the HoT legendaries (though I really like Nevermore, but what I said at 3.) kills it for me)

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: ShinyDay.5349

ShinyDay.5349

Those new legendary weapons … that’s just tons of griding.
But old legendary weapons aren’t that hard to craft, except that map completion.

i7 4790, GTX 1070, SSD Samsung 850 EVO + HyperX Fury 480gb, Z97A Krait, 16GB 2133MHz CL10 DDR3,
Corsair RM650x, Fractal Define S (with window panel)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The targeted audience for this thread is 99% people who don’t care about legendaries/devs cancelling legendaries. It’s an echo chamber in that regard, and a silly point to be trying to make.

<off-topic>

While you probably are right in general, I have to say that there are people (Me amongst them) who don’t really care or like the legendaries, but do care about Anet not fulfilling their promises.

The “legendary debacle” you see out here is not about weapon stats, fancy skins, entitled minorities, game economy or appealing the masses. It is about trust breaking.

</off-topic>

Since most weapons work better for one specific combat strategy, (For Engie: Rifle=Power, Pistol=Condi) I doubt the stat change property is really used. So there is another reason not to do a legendary weapon.

An ARMOR with stat change, on the other hand… that’s going to be really interesting.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks