Why i QQ, why you QQ

Why i QQ, why you QQ

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

I’m a pretty laid back guy In Real Life. People get mad at me at work, but I’m cool as a cucumber and genuinely polite regardless. They can say whatever, it don’t hurt me none. On the other hand, there is one particular person that can set me off in an instant: my wife.

It’s not because we have a bad relationship, in fact it’s quite the opposite. And that, therein lies the problem: I simply care too much. Her approval, her opinions of me matter more than anything. So any negative comment about me – perceived or real – really hurts my feelings. And sometimes I can’t hide that, and I shout “Your mom goes to college!” (that’s a huge insult).

So I’ve been sitting here reading the boards, getting pretty annoyed by some of you, grateful towards others I agree with, and it occurred to me I’m not being myself. After a quick self-diagnosis it dawned in me – why do I get so upset about a video game? …because I LOVE this game!

No matter if I strongly agree or disagree with someone’s statements, we all have our reasons why we love this game, and whenever one of those reasons’ existence seems to be threatened by Anet or other players’ QQing, we’re all like “oh HALES no they didn’t”! So we debate, do a little QQ ourselves and passionately type till we’re blue in the fingers.

Now I’m sure many of you already figured that out, maybe I’m just slow riding the short bus to school. But i thought i’d share my revelation, hopefully giving someone else a chance to step back for a moment and laugh at our collective sensitivity over…a video game.

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I don’t care, you insulted my perfect game that has no flaws and is perfect in every way, stop trying to make it better find another game this game is MINE! I invested billions of dollars in it and it’s perfect STAHP!

/setexaggerationoff

Why i QQ, why you QQ

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

/setexaggerationon

no YOU! your mom goes to college!

/setcasetorested = 1

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

“It’s only a video game” was never a valid excuse for anything, people get attached to video games just how they can get attached to anything else. Just because it’s virtual doesn’t make it say, more immature than someone getting insulted by somebody criticising their religion, except in that case they’re defending something imaginary.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

“It’s only a video game” was never a valid excuse for anything

True.
See how mad people get over the dumbest sports or games.
Hell I’ve seen people getting into a fight for a ping-pong match.

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: Master Fuhon.1068

Master Fuhon.1068

After a quick self-diagnosis it dawned in me – why do I get so upset about a video game? …because I LOVE this game!

I’m going to hope that this is just another poor example of totally overblown hyperbole, and that this really doesn’t need to become a discussion about why it’s completely inappropriate and unhealthy to love an electronic game [after a year, and often, even longer than several years]. For the time being, I’m also going to ignore that sickening comparison of feeling held towards a game with feelings held for a spouse; considering spouses are people who can return affections, enhance each other’s lifestyle, and sacrifice for each other when needed; while a game like this blindly tries to distribute ‘entertainment’ to a whole mass of people while giving benefits to it’s creators, which is a dual motive of selfishness on both sides.

But if you actually believe that a person should/could love a game, then I will suggest you read some literature about “behavioral addiction” and how it only induces shallow feelings of attraction towards objects, and not the deeper feelings that we are only capable of holding towards living beings [or higher principles]. It’s offensive enough that you’ve already tried to convince people that what they are experiencing resembles “love”, when you have not even bothered to become aware of what others are experiencing.

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Knote.2904

After a quick self-diagnosis it dawned in me – why do I get so upset about a video game? …because I LOVE this game!

I’m going to hope that this is just another poor example of totally overblown hyperbole, and that this really doesn’t need to become a discussion about why it’s completely inappropriate and unhealthy to love an electronic game [after a year, and often, even longer than several years]. For the time being, I’m also going to ignore that sickening comparison of feeling held towards a game with feelings held for a spouse; considering spouses are people who can return affections, enhance each other’s lifestyle, and sacrifice for each other when needed; while a game like this blindly tries to distribute ‘entertainment’ to a whole mass of people while giving benefits to it’s creators, which is a dual motive of selfishness on both sides.

But if you actually believe that a person should/could love a game, then I will suggest you read some literature about “behavioral addiction” and how it only induces shallow feelings of attraction towards objects, and not the deeper feelings that we are only capable of holding towards living beings [or higher principles]. It’s offensive enough that you’ve already tried to convince people that what they are experiencing resembles “love”, when you have not even bothered to become aware of what others are experiencing.

You can’t be serious.

Why i QQ, why you QQ

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

I’m going to hope that this is just another poor example of totally overblown hyperbole, and that this really doesn’t need to become a discussion about why it’s completely inappropriate and unhealthy to love an electronic game

I would think you’re not that bright if your first thought is that I must equate love for my wife on the same plane as a game I really enjoy playing, simply because I used the word “love” for both, however, I am aware that internet people can be totally off their rockers and maybe you are genuinely concerned for my mental health. Especially looking at a couple of the comments before yours, I see where you’re coming from. I assure you, however, the example I used with my wife was indeed hyperbole, just an illustration exaggerated to make a point. I feel sad that I have to spell these things out though.

One other thing I’d like to point out: if you know what the word “hyperbole” means, then you should know that a totally overblown hyperbole cannot possibly be a “poor example”, but would be, in fact, a great example of what hyperbole is. ~_^

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Master Fuhon.1068

You can’t be serious.

I stand corrected. I must have walked in on a John McEnroe meme instead of another hyperbole thread. Carry on serving lobs to each other so you can keep your rally going.

Why i QQ, why you QQ

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

I stand corrected. I must have walked in on a John McEnroe meme instead of another hyperbole thread. Carry on serving lobs to each other so you can keep your rally going.

…sooooooo, if you thought it was hyperbole, why did you express disgust over my assumed inability to distinguish my wife from a video game? wait wait wait – oh I get it, you can NOT be serious. clever.

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Master Fuhon.1068

…sooooooo, if you thought it was hyperbole, why did you express disgust over my assumed inability to distinguish my wife from a video game? wait wait wait – oh I get it, you can NOT be serious. clever.

‘Assumed inability’ you say? Maybe you shouldn’t be holding an open invitation to your own private tennis matches.

Needless to say, many games are pretty easy to put aside, because they remain far from being the type of thing that could meet people’s higher priority needs.

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I don’t care, you insulted my perfect game that has no flaws and is perfect in every way, stop trying to make it better find another game this game is MINE! I invested billions of dollars in it and it’s perfect STAHP!

/setexaggerationoff

Man this game BLOWS! I better stop playing it but still keep posting in the forums for half a year.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I’m a pretty laid back guy In Real Life. People get mad at me at work, but I’m cool as a cucumber and genuinely polite regardless. They can say whatever, it don’t hurt me none. On the other hand, there is one particular person that can set me off in an instant: my wife.

It’s not because we have a bad relationship, in fact it’s quite the opposite. And that, therein lies the problem: I simply care too much. Her approval, her opinions of me matter more than anything. So any negative comment about me – perceived or real – really hurts my feelings. And sometimes I can’t hide that, and I shout “Your mom goes to college!” (that’s a huge insult).

So I’ve been sitting here reading the boards, getting pretty annoyed by some of you, grateful towards others I agree with, and it occurred to me I’m not being myself. After a quick self-diagnosis it dawned in me – why do I get so upset about a video game? …because I LOVE this game!

No matter if I strongly agree or disagree with someone’s statements, we all have our reasons why we love this game, and whenever one of those reasons’ existence seems to be threatened by Anet or other players’ QQing, we’re all like “oh HALES no they didn’t”! So we debate, do a little QQ ourselves and passionately type till we’re blue in the fingers.

Now I’m sure many of you already figured that out, maybe I’m just slow riding the short bus to school. But i thought i’d share my revelation, hopefully giving someone else a chance to step back for a moment and laugh at our collective sensitivity over…a video game.

FUN FACT: This explains why I troll.

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

You know, when people start a conversation with how they think they are, that’s usually not accurate. Like guilds, and they advertise with “we’re a friendly guild” lol and they are the worst bunch you ever met! Because they had a lot of problems already, drama queens, so they flip a switch and say this is how we will be from now on and the past is behind us. But a leopard can’t change it’s spots so easily.

I used to think I was the laid back sort, and some would say I am. But really it’s about detachment. But like if some mutt strolls into my yard, tries to mark it’s territory there by lifting it’s back leg to the front wheel of my harley… well I’ll just say such a result would really show the difference between attachments and detachments heh. And, the dog would have been a LOT better off peeing on my wife.

But for gw2, just because someone qq’a doesn’t mean they give a kitten about the game itself, a lot of people are just overly attached to themselves alone, how the universe revolves around themselves and their needs or wants.

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

Hell I’ve seen people getting into a fight for a ping-pong match.

I was chatting to a taxi driver once, and he told me the story of a ping-ping tournament he played in when he was a student. He was a junior, and he beat a senior in the final match to win the tournament. The loser got so mad that he threw his bat at him, and whacked him right in the face.

The best bit of the story? The tournament was sponsored by a local church, and the first prize that the angry loser missed out on? A Bible. :-)

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

I never understood QQ looks like happy balloons at a birthday party to me,

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If you look at a Q it looks like an eye, with a tear coming out of it.

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Yet you are enamored enough with the game to actively post on the forums and comment (to literally) on others feelings toward the game.

Game forums are usually populated by those who have a very close attachment to the game they play. If the game is so inconsequential for you, why troll the forums?

It seems to me that the tennis match was started by you. The OP was just hitting balls over the net never expecting them to be returned by an opponent. Yet you, not being able to resist taking aim at a nice, harmless post, tried to line drive the ball back in the OP’s face. Classy.

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

If you look at a Q it looks like an eye, with a tear coming out of it.

I’m looking, still looks like balloons in a breeze =D

QQ

Balloons make me happy not sad, unless they get away and choke dolphins.

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

What about T_T, is that better? Look, the face is crying.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Knote.2904

Nah just looks goth.

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: Pack Hunter.6103

Pack Hunter.6103

Its QQ because Waaaaaayyyyy back that used to be the command to quit some popular game(Might be warcraft, but don’t quote me)

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

I’m still too much in shock over a guy with a wife naming himself CuteLilKittenHugz to reply to anything else in this thread.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Why i QQ, why you QQ

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

I’m still too much in shock over a guy with a wife naming himself CuteLilKittenHugz to reply to anything else in this thread.

haha – i understand, prolly doesn’t make much sense on this forum. And when i first started using that name my friends didn’t get it either – until they played me in Unreal Tournament and the message came up:

You were killed by cutelilkittenhugz

Then they got the joke. ~_^

Why i QQ, why you QQ

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Nah just looks goth.

Try ;n;.

I use semicolon-en-semicolon or colon-sea for my very unhappy moments.