Why i don't enjoy gw2 anymore.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LunaDeviner.6514

LunaDeviner.6514

Hey guys,

Please mind that this is just my own personal experience. After reading please let me know what you think of GW2 and how u like/dislike the changes that it had during launch and now.

[I’d like to apologize for my bad english, I’m a dutch guy]

Why i don’t like gw2 anymore.

First of all, The builds.

For Raids and Fractals. Heck sometimes for PVP people keep asking what build you’re using. This wasn’t like this the first years of gw2
[Maybe it was a little bit. But it’s really bad now]

Today the new raid launched and oh my god.. I must’ve spend 2 hours just now trying to join a parties that wouldn’t kick me ! They’re all looking for the newest META builds !

So after about 110 Minutes of searching and being kicked. i finally found a party that kept me in [I’m using PS warrior META build btw] I REALLY REALLY dislike that build. I Even dislike playing warrior ! But i just do it so i won’t be kicked that often.

Fractals is just as bad at high levels. They’re just looking for the same groups over and over.. PS warrior, Chronomancer, a healer Druid or whatever etc. It’s just starting to get really annoying.

Now you might think it’s not that much of a big deal. But for someone that can’t play much. But still wants to enjoy these kind of things like Raids and High level fractal or Ranked PVP. It’s just too much.. They’re asking for full Ascended gear (Which is hard to get for me). a Specific Build which i don’t even enjoy..
[Im more of a long-range DPS guy in every other game] but in Gw2 it’s starting to get near impossible to just play whatever you enjoy.

Usually i’d always brag about gw2. How it doesn’t matter what you play. noone cares what you play aslong as you do what’s supposed to be done etc in Dungeons.

But now it’s just horrible in my opinion.

Also, even dungeon groups now ask you to be atleast level 80 or you get kicked.. How rudicilous is that.

Last day i tried doing some AC on my lvl 44 Mesmer and i got kicked just because i wasn’t level 80 [And it happens ALOT]

And a level 80 with 500 Achievement points and no clue what to do got to stay, Why? I don’t know. a bit more DPS is probably better than actual experience.

The game is starting to get less enjoyable.

Please let me know if you agree or not, And why.

Thanks alot for reading my opinion.

I will probably stop playing this game as i don’t have alot of time anyway and i can’t seem to enjoy it anymore with the new META people running around asking for the best gear/builds etc. It’s just not fun.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

Can I have your stuff when you go?

I don’t care about rushing into raids... if you want a solid group to raid with build a team that is looking for the same thing instead of people who are trying to race through content first.

Fractals is not that bad. I pugged 1 - 100 to get my achievements. A time or 2 I had a friend but every level I turned to lfg for people. I never once ran into your issues. Not one singe time was I kicked from a group for not being meta.

Dungeons: Learn to read lfg. If it says 80 only then don’t join if your not 80. If the description says meta only and your not meta, your not meeting the group requirements and thus you should be kicked. I constantly kick non lev 80’s in dungeons, but I also advertise 80 only.

I think you just need to find the right group of people to run with and learn to read lfg before just joining randomly because you want to do the content. There is a lot of people who don’t care about meta builds out there and if you join a guild your more likely to find groups on par with what you want, instead of meta nuts trying to race content on day 1.

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

I’m sorry about your situation.
I understand your point but I sill really enjoy gw2.
I try to avoid playing with random people especially if I’m in a period where I can’t play much because that results just in a lot of frustration, what I do instead is finding a guild that enjoys to do the content I’m looking for and is first of all friendly. It seems strange but there are some guilds like that, where they don’t mind too much about the meta and just play to have fun. Another thing that I tried was posting into the Lfg, looking for other people that want to play fractals for fun or dg and so on, you will find some if you are lucky, and they are the best! Maybe in the end you will not manage the first time to beat the raid but still is better than being kicked out and if you have experience you can share it
The point is that it’s not about the game, it’s about the community that is shaping more and more into a Meta monster.
Instead of being too negative maybe ask on the forum too if someone else is in your situation and wants to join you
Cheers!

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

My experiences have been a bit different.

Dungeons well…..most people are just happy to have anyone show up at all. I’m personally in the ‘80s only’ camp, but will make exceptions from time to time. It’s generally better to run dungeons with at least exotics and all traits. Everyone knows this.

Fractal groups on the other hand, form so quickly that even getting booted a couple times won’t be much of a setback.

Raids aren’t really for everyone, but they are working as intended.

The thing is, the content you’ve mentioned has basically always been this way – varying degrees of elitism and belligerence. Dungeons, fractals and Ranked PvP have never had particularly friendly communities. Maybe it’s lost in translation but you’re writing as if you used to enjoy this content but no longer do. What do you think changed?

LunaDeviner.6514

I’ve been trying to find a guild as you guys recommend. [Far Shiverpeaks]

However the guilds that i joined all stated to just do Fractals and stuff with Random players. No guild activities etc.

It’s hard to find a good guild that fits to my preferences.

Deedrick.4372

I dare say check here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/lookingfor
If your looking for wvw guild, then check if your server has its own web site with a lf guild server. Make sure you post your EU and Server Name in your topic to be scouted quickly. Also don’t be afraid to mention what your looking for in a guild. You will get some standard recruitment walls of text, but there will be genuine responses as well.

Posted by: Aviator.4382

Aviator.4382

Explained.

This is simply how things go when you don’t want to wipe and spend 110 minutes on one boss. If the case was the opposite, and everyone allowed everyone running any build, people would nag how their team are unable to finish the raid under 2 hours with tens of wipes.

People have to know that it’s not ANet’s fault, job or interest. Players form the standard and abide to it. People who want to succeed join raiding guilds, but then requirements come. But that’s simply how it is meant to be in GW2 and in every single game that has constructive PvE and a community willing to improve.

Uranus Squad [US]- Whiteside Ridge

LunaDeviner.6514

I get that people want to finish things ASAP. However why would i make a level 80 character in full ascended with a build + stats, That i don’t even like just so i can do a raid once in a while. :/

It’s just too much trouble for someone with not much time.

Posted by: Bebunw.8137

Bebunw.8137

i feel the same you are not alone, the game change his direction to become more elitist and less friendly and i wonder more and more if i should keep playing or choose another mmo. In addition, the content they give since the begin of december is really poor it has been only pvp league, raids and the sames events (haloween, wintersday, chinese new year) and even if i’m not into raids for the same reasons like you they were supposed to ship in hot release like the legendaries, it’s at least what most of the players expected, not patch after patch

(edited by Bebunw.8137)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I get that people want to finish things ASAP. However why would i make a level 80 character in full ascended with a build + stats, That i don’t even like just so i can do a raid once in a while. :/

You don’t have too, it’s purely optional.

However, don’t expect 9 other people to be willing to work with you, if you want to run whatever special snowflake build instead of working with them to complete the encounter.

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Perhaps to ease frustration, Anet could have listed the builds that are viable for the raid. It is obvious that the raids weren’t designed with multiple builds in mind. Perhaps when they advertise a new raid wing they could say “oh by the way, these are the only builds that will be effective against this content”. It is only fair since they made content that only favors certain classes and certain builds.

Deedrick.4372

However, don’t expect 9 other people to be willing to work with you, if you want to run whatever special snowflake build instead of working with them to complete the encounter.

The only reason for these requirements on meta groups with ascended armor is such bad play skills you rely on min/maxing on people to carry you through the game. Don’t be rude and derogatory to a build you don’t know and can’t understand because it’s not explained on meta sites. It may be great it may be bad, its the way some of us choose to play.

The problem here is actually communication. Everyone needs to be more clear on what they are looking for and people also need to be aware of the groups they are joining.

TexZero.7910

The only reason for these requirements on meta groups with ascended armor is such bad play skills you rely on min/maxing on people to carry you through the game. Don’t be rude and derogatory to a build you don’t know and can’t understand because it’s not explained on meta sites. It may be great it may be bad, its the way some of us choose to play.

The problem here is actually communication. Everyone needs to be more clear on what they are looking for and people also need to be aware of the groups they are joining.

Right, i forgot it took 5 bad players to no updraft Gorse.

I guess that 10 man all healing ele run must have been the most unskilled group of players as well then by this logic ?

It’s not a build, it’s not communication. It’s the person in between the chair and the keyboard who is unwilling to adapt, improve or get better.

Deedrick.4372

Not at all. We all know you have to build a viable group and 10 healers isn’t going to cut it... Don’t dodge the issue. Raids have been very successful with "snowflake" builds as you put it. Meta is NOT the only way to get something done.

TexZero.7910

Not at all. We all know you have to build a viable group and 10 healers isn’t going to cut it… Don’t dodge the issue. Raids have been very successful with “snowflake” builds as you put it. Meta is NOT the only way to get something done.

Who was dodging the issue here ?

You said it took those meta players to carry for their bad skills. I merely pointed out several ends of the spectrum both of which have been successful.

This means it’s not a build issue, its a player issue. Which is exactly what i said.

Deedrick.4372

You said "if you want to run whatever special snowflake build instead of working with them" meaning if your not running meta your wrong. Go ahead and change your tune its ok to realize metas not the only way.

TexZero.7910

You said “if you want to run whatever special snowflake build instead of working with them” meaning if your not running meta your wrong. Go ahead and change your tune its ok to realize metas not the only way.

At what point in there did i say they had to play meta builds ?

None. Thanks have a nice day.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

You said “if you want to run whatever special snowflake build instead of working with them” meaning if your not running meta your wrong. Go ahead and change your tune its ok to realize metas not the only way.

At what point in there did i say they had to play meta builds ?

When you dismissed all others as “Special Snowflake” builds.

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

And yet, that’s the mentality that the company seems to be catering to.