Why is LFG Still BETA?

Why is LFG Still BETA?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

It’s been a while… Is there any reason why this is still BETA?

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: sharkstein.2109

sharkstein.2109

It will stay locked in BETA untill you reach level 90. Wait …

“Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness”.
— Every heartbroken Guild Wars fan on GW2

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

same reason the mac client is still beta, and this has been out longer.

Why is LFG Still BETA?

SRoode.7318

Seriously, is there a reason why a simple LFG tool is BETA after 2 years? I am not a basher, I really would like a real response.

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It means that they don’t have to offer official support or resolutions for problems with it. This means less resources and less development time are needed.

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

I’ve wondered this for a long time as well. I figured it would be out of beta when they finally added WvW to it.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Why is LFG Still BETA?

SRoode.7318

Well, if this is true, then I can say that Anet should not wonder why Dungeons and Fractals are not more populated. This tool is vital to bring NEW players together.

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Similar reasons as to why Youtube’s CC system is still in beta, I guess. There are several issues in which I have yet to notice when using LFG

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Beta doesn’t necessarily mean that there’s bugs in the system, it may simply mean that they have more features in development

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Beta doesn’t necessarily mean that there’s bugs in the system, it may simply mean that they have more features in development

I think it means that the core system is still in development.

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Seriously, is there a reason why a simple LFG tool is BETA after 2 years? I am not a basher, I really would like a real response.

The LFG tool didn’t exist in any form for the first year~ of the games life.

Why is LFG Still BETA?

SRoode.7318

BETA, by definition, means it is in the second stage of testing. After 2 years of the game, and 1 year of this BETA, it should not be BETA anymore.

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: sirian.4981

sirian.4981

It means that they don’t have to offer official support or resolutions for problems with it. This means less resources and less development time are needed.

Although in theory you should have more resources devoted to beta content than released content as beta needs more programming work.

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

It’s still beta, because it doesn’t make gems, and because it’s mostly about already abandoned dungeons and fractals.

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Isnt 50% of this game beta?

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

the current LFG tool has not been around 2 years. looks like it’s been around almost a full year, happy birthday!
anyways, it had a predecessor. The predecessor was similar to the current one, except it didn’t have the categories (you listed your group, and everyone just saw your title and decided if that worked for them). But the thing that destroyed it’s usefulness was it was only for the map and instance you were currently on. You wanted to run AC? you went to Plains and looked through the LFG listings. No one used it, so you would always find nothing. Back then, the more successful strategy was standing in LA, /map shouting “LFG AC”. But we had other tools: gw2lfg.com, gw2lfg.net, among others. Those had categories for the content you wanted to do and stuff like that. They were fairly popular as well.

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

@Mystic: I remember the game right after it launched. I still can picture massive droves of people standing outside of the AC gate calling for parties, and they most definitely did use the LFG tool.

Granted, this was also long before Megaserver, so it was probably a lot more important back then to do it that way.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Isnt 50% of this game beta?

Yeah, must be the parts that are no longer in alpha right now you are talking about. Like their leveling experience left alpha with the last feature patch and we are now beta testing it.

Or maybe it’s just devolution.

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

BETA, by definition, means it is in the second stage of testing. After 2 years of the game, and 1 year of this BETA, it should not be BETA anymore.

Wasn’t GMail in beta for a lot longer than that?

Why is LFG Still BETA?

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Wasn’t GMail in beta for a lot longer than that?

By his own definition, he’s harming himself anyway. As he said, Beta means second stage of testing. However, he’s also putting a time limit on that, saying essentially that the second stage of testing shouldn’t last more than a year.

Why? If it’s still not done, then it’s just not done. Why is putting some arbitrary age on it going to make it better, make it magically “finished”?

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Because all the LFG tool really did was make players realize how awful GW2s dungeons are. No reason to continue work on a dungeon finder no one is going to use.

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

The HoM calculator is still beta too, and that’s been out for ages…

https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome

Why is LFG Still BETA?

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Because all the LFG tool really did was make players realize how awful GW2s dungeons are. No reason to continue work on a dungeon finder no one is going to use.

I like the dungeons.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Why is LFG Still BETA?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I like the dungeons.

Sorry, but most players do not, even according to ANet in their last press meeting at gamescom. I personally don’t, they are the same thing every time, good for one run through then only if you are interested in the coin, loot, or a particular piece of gear.

(edited by Conncept.7638)