Why is Peneloopee Cold?

Why is Peneloopee Cold?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

In the refugee camp outside Vigil Keep, the Quaggan Peneloopee and her friend Bloomanoo stand by a campfire and complain in pitiful voices of being cold.

These are Quaggans?

The same Quaggans that according to their WIKI description are amphibians, who can spend about a day on land before their skin becomes dried out and uncomfortable? And they’re standing by a fire?

The same Quaggans who are “comfortable naked” according to the WIKI and have their own little cultural Olympics underneath the icy arctic seas? And they’re cold in Gendarran Fields?

I submit to you that Peneloopee and Bloomanoo are either mesmer-disguised spies for Scarlet, or they have been severely mis-played by the story writing team in an effort to make people feel sorry for the poor cutesy-wootsey Quaggan people. (“Quaggan is trying hard not to cry!”)

It’s not working for me, writers. I’m not buying it. You’re pushing too heavily on the cute angle in order to sell more backpacks. Thank goodness the camp is temporary and this scene will eventually disappear.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Why is Peneloopee Cold?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Be careful, it’s a trap!

Why is Peneloopee Cold?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

We must give them hugs to keep warm. It’s an upcoming Heart event!

Cooooooooooooooo~~~~~~~~~~

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Why is Peneloopee Cold?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Set them on fire. Keeps them from being cold, and deals with the possibility of them being agents of Scarlet.

Why is Peneloopee Cold?

Hamfast.8719

How cute will Quaggans be when they start wearing HUMAN backpacks?

Why is Peneloopee Cold?

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I have to admit that that bit did strike me a bit funny as well. I don’t see Gendarran Fields being that much colder than Kessex Hill although they are up near snowcapped mountains.

Otherwise I love what they are saying. And I am a bit worried about their next destination…

Why is Peneloopee Cold?

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

Two words. Frostgorge Sound. :P Yes, there are quaggans there and its cold as kitten.

You could say that Eskamos won’t shiver as much as an islander from the Caribbean under the same snowy circumstances… a quaggan accustomed to tropical weather might not deal well with a sudden shift north towards the mountains. Granted, in this game, the snowcaps are right next to the coastal plains… Kinda wish they’d have made the elevations a little more accurate to climate, but that would be one steep climb.

Also, its a wiki, so its probably better if we don’t use it as a science book or official D&D guide… or… even keep the developers honest with red-shirt guy level trivia. I think if they cared what we think, Scarlet wouldn’t have happened :P

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

Why is Peneloopee Cold?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

How cute will Quaggans be when they start wearing HUMAN backpacks?

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Why is Peneloopee Cold?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’s just an excuse to cuddle.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Why is Peneloopee Cold?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Get rid of them.

I dislike every single one of them.

Why is Peneloopee Cold?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I was wondering about that as well. Also I was wondering about the fresh water comments since they seem to have no problem at all living in salt water.

Why is Peneloopee Cold?

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I put it down to a lack of blubber.

Cold dwelling sea animals often build up a protective layer of blubber to keep warmth in during the coldest parts of their season. Quaggans are quite chubby and live in cold places, so I presume they too have a blubber layer to keep their warmth in.

Bloomanoo and Peneloope have been forced to live on a meagre diet due to their home in kessex and now lions arch being disrupted. They have also had to do a lot of walking on land, which their bodies do not support well. Thus, they are likely cold as they have lost their natural bodily insulation layer

Why is Peneloopee Cold?

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I submit to you that Peneloopee and Bloomanoo are either mesmer-disguised spies for Scarlet, or they have been severely mis-played by the story writing team in an effort to make people feel sorry for the poor cutesy-wootsey Quaggan people.

It’s the later. Quaggans are the ArenaNet “go-to” race for “Press Now For Cute”.

It’s really sad. There’s really no purpose behind this ‘sub-plot’ and it feels overdone with “oh woe is me” stuff.

ANd you have to wonder: where are all the other quaggan, exactly? Out of a whole village, only four can be found elsewhere – two recent newcomers (the two in OP), and those that weren’t in the water.

Why didn’t the other quaggan join the village – who left even before the karka. Y’know, the one and only group of smart people in the Living Story.

But anyways, onto them being cold, I’ll quote someone else too…

Two words. Frostgorge Sound. :P Yes, there are quaggans there and its cold as kitten.

Those are quaggans from the far north. They actually cannot survive warmer waters, due to how their body adapted.

In the same light, those from the Unending Ocean such as Peneloopee and Bloomanoo cannot withstand colder waters (Timberline Falls is borderline for them).

So it makes sense that they’re a bit cold if they went further north and are on the edge of the Shiverpeaks (which Vigil Keep is). Now, why go there and not the Bloodtide exit or wherever the rest of the village went? Who knows.

Cold dwelling sea animals often build up a protective layer of blubber to keep warmth in during the coldest parts of their season. Quaggans are quite chubby and live in cold places, so I presume they too have a blubber layer to keep their warmth in.

Bloomanoo and Peneloope have been forced to live on a meagre diet due to their home in kessex and now lions arch being disrupted. They have also had to do a lot of walking on land, which their bodies do not support well. Thus, they are likely cold as they have lost their natural bodily insulation layer

You’re mixing the arctic quaggan (they’re the black ones) with the equator quaggans (they’re the blue and green ones).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Why is Peneloopee Cold?

Hamfast.8719

Naw, that can’t be it… Peneloopee’s blubbering all over the place, and I think Bloomanoo is on the verge of tears himself.

Why is Peneloopee Cold?

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

It’s the later. Quaggans are the ArenaNet “go-to” race for “Press Now For Cute”.

Although I can totally appreciate how Peneloopee and Bloomanoo have been used for a bit of comic (or cuteness) relief, as it were.

It’s not too bad. It gives a teensy bit of added depth as to how the different races have been affected by the attack, and how they’ve coped with it. Like how some skritt and bandits are profiting off of others’ loss.