Why is Twilight Assault meta gone already?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DaG.5103

DaG.5103

Every other LW update has lasted an entire month, through the mid month content. This one abruptly ended today with the new content. Read through the patch notes for the Oct 1 release – there is no mention of it ending today. Were we supposed to assume it would be done today?

Just upsetting that my wife and I weren’t able to complete it because we assumed we could do it later this month after we had moved into our new house. Logged on today to find that’s not so. No Slickpack for us, I guess.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

While I can sympathize with you, there are usually two patches, and the second patch is usually only around until the next one. It’s been like this for a long time.

You had SAB for a month, but the Boss week achievements didn’t stay around as long, during the SAB month. It’s been going on for a long time now.

I, at least, was aware of how long the achievements would be around for.

What Anet needs to do on temporary achievements, I think, is to have a countdown timer on the meta screen or something like that.

At least all the other achievements and the mini can still be attained.

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

While I can sympathize with you, there are usually two patches, and the second patch is usually only around until the next one. It’s been like this for a long time.

You had SAB for a month, but the Boss week achievements didn’t stay around as long, during the SAB month. It’s been going on for a long time now.

What Anet needs to do on temporary achievements, I think, is to have a countdown timer on the meta screen or something like that.

Well the TA path would fit into being the 1st patch (even though Halloween is staying for 1 month instead).

Like you said countdown timer would be nice (though they cant be specific about when next patch hits).

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

DaG.5103

I’m well aware of the schedule – I’ve missed a grand total of two LW achievements since Flame and Frost first began, which were the ridiculously difficult Cutthroat Politics candidate trials (though I still got those half done).

Twilight Assault was the first patch of the month. Every “first patch of the month” – every single one since the start of Living World – has lasted the entire month. Yes, some patches last two weeks, and those are the ones that start in the middle of the month, like this Halloween patch. Given that we weren’t told this would be any different than the status quo for the last 9 months – again, there is no mention whatsoever of an ending date in the release notes for Oct 1 like there is for the patch today – I think it’s reasonable to be a little annoyed with ANet.

Vayne.8563

Well the TA path would fit into being the 1st patch (even though Halloween is staying for 1 month instead).

Like you said countdown timer would be nice (though they cant be specific about when next patch hits).

Not in my way of thinking. The first patch usually occurs early in the month, the second later in the month. SAB was clearly the first patch…because boss week before that was the short one.

DaG.5103

Not in my way of thinking. The first patch usually occurs early in the month, the second later in the month. SAB was clearly the first patch…because boss week before that was the short one.

You seem confused about the schedule. SAB was the 1st patch, and lasted the whole month. Boss Week was the 2nd (DURING SAB, not before) and lasted 2 weeks. Just like every other month. Previous months contained:

Jubilee and Clockwork Chaos
Bazaar of 4 Winds and Cutthroat Politics
Dragon Bash and Sky Pirates of Tyria
etc…

In each of these months, the first patch lasted the full month and the second lasted 2 weeks.

This month, Twilight Assault was the 1st patch, but unlike every other month before it, it only lasted two weeks.

GoldenTruth.2853

SAB: 1
Teq:2

TA:1
Halloween: 2

I am fairly certain the team that did TA also worked on this years Halloween (though SAB and Teq had separate, unique to that living stories teams).

Also TA was on October 1st so even going by your comments logic….

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

If the LS patches alternate between ones that last whole month and ones that last 2 weeks, (and putting aside the whole early or mid month thing) Halloween would have been the one that gets 2 weeks and TA the one that gets a whole month. And TA did start early month, and this one clearly in the middle of the month so in that terms, TA should be one month as well.

I finished my TA achieves, but I do think this is really unfair for most players. There should have been a notice or warning as it deviates from regular LS pattern we’ve seen thus far.

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Slick Backpack T_____T

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I thought it was suspicious that they made twilight assault only requiring 10 achievments.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Maybe they realized it was unpopular and canned it.

GoldenTruth.2853

Maybe they realized it was unpopular and canned it.

Maybe it was so popular that they removed it so people would actually do Halloween meta?

2 can play at this game >:D

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

it is not gone, it is still there under the dungeon category, just that you wont get the 25 LS AP and the Slick back pack if you haven’t done it already…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

At the very least they should have extended the TA achievements 1 more week do to some off the dailies bugging out .

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

it is not gone, it is still there under the dungeon category, just that you wont get the 25 LS AP and the Slick back pack if you haven’t done it already…..

We are talking precisely about the twilight assault LS and not about the aetherpath dungeon.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, they did mention that the backpack would only be available during that release on the first of October. You have to keep up with Dev posts, but there is a sub-forum just for reading their posts.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/twilight/Meta-achievement-rewards-permanent-too/first#post2948912

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

While I sympathize with the OP, a little thinking about the upcoming patch dates should have given most people pause to think that the pattern might change for Halloween. If the pattern continued unchanged, the Halloween patch would end after 2 weeks on the 29th of October.

Obviously, the change should have been more clearly communicated, but assumptions will always trip people up.

DaG.5103

Well, they did mention that the backpack would only be available during that release on the first of October. You have to keep up with Dev posts, but there is a sub-forum just for reading their posts.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/twilight/Meta-achievement-rewards-permanent-too/first#post2948912

I certainly read that it would be only available during that release. Unfortunately, specifying “during that release” doesn’t tell me anything about the release ending 2 weeks earlier than precedent set during the 9 month history of Living Story achievements. Again, at no point did the devs ever define a time frame for Twilight Assault. If an exact timeframe was communicated anywhere, at any point, give me a quote and I’ll shut up. I can deal with it being my fault for not seeing that it was gone – and hell, it’s just a cosmetic item I’d probably never use and a few achievement points, so ultimately it’s not a huge deal. It’s still frustrating, though, to be unaware a change is being made in the status quo after counting on what was set up by a fairly long-standing precedent.

While I sympathize with the OP, a little thinking about the upcoming patch dates should have given most people pause to think that the pattern might change for Halloween. If the pattern continued unchanged, the Halloween patch would end after 2 weeks on the 29th of October.

Obviously, the change should have been more clearly communicated, but assumptions will always trip people up.

This is just a silly argument. We are both making assumptions here because neither of us know what the devs plans are. Sure, we can assume the pattern will change, but why is the more logical assumption that Twilight Assault will end earlier than the 9 month precedent? (I know, broken record, but it’s really my entire point.) It’s just as logical to assume they’ll simply extend Halloween an extra week and keep the status quo going at the start of the November release.

A little actual date communication from the devs is what really would have solved this problem. Again, give me a quote with a date and I’ll shut up. Until then, I’ll fight for this until a dev takes notice and makes sure future dates are better communicated.

Vayne.8563

Nah, I think the OP is right in that it needs to be made more clear how much time is left for a given achievement.

People don’t like temporary content to begin with. At least make it crystal clear just how temporary the content is.

This isn’t a failure on the OP’s part, it’s a failure on Anet’s part.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

count down timer for living story meta achievements is good.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I agree with the suggestion about having a countdown timer for living story metas or at the very least hard date announcements for the end date.

I know that previous updates had pretty much the same order of things, long meta lasting up to second patch, but ever since they announced the two week time frame I have done what I wanted out of the meta that first week to give me breathing room.

Procrastination usually leads to me not getting what I want so I have learned to knock out things early on enough to give me time on the backend. I know we don’t all have that time each week and some of you maybe planned around what has happened with patches before, but when coming late to the party…sometimes you miss the best parts. Sometimes the cops will shutdown a party right after you show up late even when you thought it was supposed to go until a certain time.

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Drop your fanboyism for 1 minute and actually read what people are typing.

You missed the part where I said there should be a count down timer on events, so people wouldn’t have to go through this?

I thought so.

So you have finally actually looked at a calendar and figured out the date?

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

All i wanted was the Slick backpack. T_______T

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Vayne.8563

You missed the part where I said there should be a count down timer on events, so people wouldn’t have to go through this?

I thought so.

My short term memory definitely isn’t as good as my longer term memory. Sue me. I remembered it one way…and yep, I got it wrong.

That doesn’t make me a blind fan boi. Glass houses and stones and all. I can admit I got it wrong. Can you admit that I’m not a blind fan boi?

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I thought so.

My short term memory definitely isn’t as good as my longer term memory. Sue me. I remembered it one way…and yep, I got it wrong.

That doesn’t make me a blind fan boi. Glass houses and stones and all. I can admit I got it wrong. Can you admit that I’m not a blind fan boi?

You’re not a blind fanboi! Woot! Do i get a prize? :P heheh…

but really kidding aside, lets not derail the thread. Obviously its mostly expected the TA thing should have lasted a month. SO why was it removed like this, and is there anyways we can bring it back for a bit, because some people, (one such poster far above, i can see :P) have yet to get that slick backpack.

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

All i can think of is that the LS achieves were removed to make way for halloween and WvW LS achievements. Maybe the devs thought it ridiculous to have 3 categories in there? Who knows but that septic tank is hideous.

Posted by: BondageBill.4021

BondageBill.4021

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP. I also assumed that the first LS meta would last for four weeks, as had every other first LS meta of the month previous.

In the end, I won’t lose any sleep over the ugly back piece that I missed, but more communication regarding the end dates of temporary content is definitely needed. Something like the daily and monthly timers would be much appreciated.

“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

DaG.5103

All i can think of is that the LS achieves were removed to make way for halloween and WvW LS achievements. Maybe the devs thought it ridiculous to have 3 categories in there? Who knows but that septic tank is hideous.

Unfortunately for that theory, they’ve done 3 categories at a time already as well. =( During Bazaar of Four Winds and Cutthroat Politics, we had a category each for Bo4W, Support Ellen, and Support Evon. Also, I believe – though am not as sure about this one – that there were 3 categories during Jubilee and Clockwork Chaos because of the category for the story events that got you back into the Pavilion to fight Scarlet.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

TA didn’t have gemstore potential

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.