Why is WvWvW exploration obligatory?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mesquitad.6845

mesquitad.6845

Hello.

As of last month, I started a goal in my ranger. The goal was to get 100% Map Completion for the first time, so I could receive the title and the other benefits. Upon spending two weeks of exploring, I got to about 95% of map exploration. My guild leader told me that WvWvW exploration is necessary to achieve 100% map completion, and that I could not get it because of the contested zones. I went on doing what I could to get more of the map completion on my character and end up at 99%, a status that is current for over a week or two now.

There are two Points of Interest and three Vistas left for my world completion. I cannot get them because these points in the map are under an enemy control. My guild leader said that when monthly reseted, the server rotation would reset too (or something like that), so I was looking forward to today for a while now. So, at 8PM local time (reset) I went to Gate of Madness’ Borders battleground and could not get these points. And still can’t.

My question is: why is this OBLIGATORY? Why? I cannot see this being fair or reasonable in any way. You, me and everyone knows that the chances of my server getting players up to the battleground to dominate the giant enemy’s keep in the middle of the month, or at the end, is are nearly 0%.

I still don’t have my map completion. Do I need to MOVE to ANOTHER server just for this? Why is this IMPOSSIBLE? This may have come out as a little rant, because it was frustrating to me. It was (is) for sure. What do I have to do? How can I get my map completion? And why is it obligatory? I feel nothing but frustration towards this right now.

Thanks in advance,
Bernardo.

(edited by mesquitad.6845)

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Reset is on Friday.

Posted by: Krikr.2094

Krikr.2094

WvW players have to go out and do PvE to get map completion, a hell of a lot more unpleasant content for us to push through than there is for you to do.

mesquitad.6845

Karizee,

Thanks for the quick answer. I hope it solves my issue.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

What do I have to do? How can I get my map completion?

It’s a PvP objective. Approach is as a PvP objective.

Gather a few of other people on your server that also need that. Try to get a few additional people as well. Organize a push whose sole purpose will be to capture those points. Make it a suicidal push if necessary.

mesquitad.6845

Krikr,

I believe this is not the point here. ’’WvW’’ players play PvE too. I don’t understand why you are saying that you carry a burden bigger than people who don’t WvW as often? I WvW from time to time, too, as I play sPvP (which tests actual skill, if you want to know my opinion). Either way, thanks for your imput.

(edited by mesquitad.6845)

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

100% means 100%. It doesn’t mean “100% of the parts of the world that I enjoy playing in” or “100% of the parts of the world that are freely and easily accessible”. It means 100%.

Anyway, you’re about 11 months late complaining about this. This horse was beaten senseless, splashed with water, and then beaten to death long ago…

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

What I did for wvw completion is just kept an eye on the wvw maps throughout my normal game play and if i saw an are uncontested I would just quickly go in and complete it, ……. Then I realised that there were actually three maps for my server bl ie. Green map. Red Map and Blue Map… grrrrrrrr all done now but omg

mesquitad.6845

Thank you for the replies, Banquetto and Lisa. And all the others too. Things are clearer now. Thanks again.