Why is all medium armour for males terrible?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

I know we all like looking at boobs and appealing to the fashion-minded ladies of GW2 but why does all the attention have to be given to how much cleavage they can show and not awesome-looking guys? Like why does every single medium armour have to either look atrocious or be a re-skin of an ugly trench coat!! I want Prince of Persia styled armour or more assassin-y stuff, not trench coats, pirates, or ugly vests.

I really should have made more girls since light and medium armour for males is like the pitiful laughing stock of armour choices. The only medium armour I found even remotely okay is the Priory armour and the T1 human armour. The rest is…ugh…. really…?

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Posted by: Ageia.5843

Ageia.5843

Not intending to troll, but the female medium armor (in my opinion) is even worse looking than the male. My ranger actually got one that looked like a baby doll night gown made out of metal and leather. :\ Sorta gave it a ‘granny’ on acid look.

Posted by: Aeson Thackery.5927

Aeson Thackery.5927

you know, i actually agree! haha

Posted by: Atlanis.6597

Atlanis.6597

It’s not. Grab Tarff’s leather coat off of a lowbie vendor in Metrica Province for ~80 karma and transmute to whatever you currently use. It’s the best coat I’ve found and covers most of your body, meaning that pants dont matter as much.

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

What’s wrong with all the human thief’s in pirate hats? haha

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: Danno.5269

Danno.5269

I want my human male thief to be scantily clad. That is all.

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

Grab Tarff’s leather coat off of a lowbie vendor in Metrica Province for ~80 karma and transmute to whatever you currently use.

I believe it is the same as lowbie crafted armor? It is really nice, and the one I am currently running in. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Norn_Female_Bloodsaw_Leather_Armor_Medium.png

Posted by: exionn.8152

exionn.8152

lol i was just talking to my guild yesterday about who all medium armor sucked xD

Posted by: Lumures.2048

Lumures.2048

It’s too bad that the only medium armor for males that’s revealing (the only one I know of at least) is the T2 norn cultural armor. Unfortunately I don’t like it all that much; I’m not one for fur clothing.

If anyone knows any yummy looking sets, I’d be so glad to hear it!

Posted by: katarl.3085

katarl.3085

It’s not. Grab Tarff’s leather coat off of a lowbie vendor in Metrica Province for ~80 karma and transmute to whatever you currently use. It’s the best coat I’ve found and covers most of your body, meaning that pants dont matter as much.

tor`s leather coat has the same skin, sold from a lowbie vendor in Wayfarer Foothills.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tor%27s_Leather_Coat

Posted by: Gorwe.9672

Gorwe.9672

Well, depends on what.

On a Norn Ranger, Trenchcoats look Like you were born in them.
The same could apply to Engineer.
Thief, otoh, is in trouble. You have those Velvety looking Armours, bunch of Longcoats and pirate’s outfits(YARRR! Gangplank be me name!). You can’t really look Like you want(either classy Leather Armour or practical Assassin’s Garb). Shame.

Posted by: ZombiesTT.3619

ZombiesTT.3619

I actually like the trench coats. The only problem I have with them is the clipping with the weapons.

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

What about CoE armors? They’re kinda thief-y.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

@OP: I dont know buddy. I actually raised this question with Chris Whiteside during the AMA a month ago, this EXACT question. Are there any plans to overhaul medium armor aesthetics in the game to give more diversity for looks other than a trench coat or mechwarrior(check some of the silly dungeon sets). He said that this is a discussion that is best suited in the office with his peers.

Currently, and I think the majority will agree, nearly all of the heavy armor sets are awesome. The light armor is pretty good for both male and female, and the medium armor sets are just downright ugly, regardless of sex.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

Basically this.

I want my human male thief to be scantily clad too just like the ladies are )’:

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!