Why is everyone so negative?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tezcatlipoca.4965

Tezcatlipoca.4965

Hello everyone,

I play a Necromancer as a main, and therefore spent a lot of time on the Necromancer forum page. I normally never post there (or anywhere for that matter) because I found everyone is being so negative and in case I would say anything positive about the Necromancer everyone would flame me and tell me that I obviously never Pvp’ed or that I am casual. (I have 2 other 80’s and 7 chars in total). Now people would tell me, well people on the Necromancer forum are so negative because the Minion AI is bugged, this is not representative for the whole forum.

Okay, so then I go on the mesmer forum looking for help on how to get a leveling build. And there I see a thread about how people want to “shelve their mesmer”, so far I have considered the mesmer a very good class. WTF?

Well this might be coincidences right? No! On almost all profession pages they are talking about everything being bad about their class! Even the warriors!

Now someone could argue: “Well mate, people will always complain about their class. It’s normal.”. First of all: NO IT’S NOT. Second, go to the race pages… Sylvari glow not good enough, clipping here, Asura dodge not showing this, etc. O.o

Seriously?

To every Dev, Mod, Designer of GW2: I love the game. It might have some flaws, granted. But I feel like the negativity of this forum does not represent how good this game is, and what it stands for!

I know this is QQ’ing too, but I had to say it…

I didn’t know where to post this… wish I could tell this almost every person on this forum (there are obviously exceptions).

Have fun people,
Tez

Officer of [EM], Sylvari Necromancer
Jade Quarry

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

Yes, this is a great game and I’ve loved playing it.

Yes, people will always complain even if there is no reason to.

Yet despite those facts, this game has a number of serious issues that desperately need addressing. I think it’s better that they be addressed than avoided.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The game is great.

But I would like to see some of the stuff they promised they’d add. Because many of the things I bought the game for (personal home instances for example), haven’t been implemented yet. And some things I specifically DIDN’T buy the game for (gear threadmill), were implemented.

So let me rephrase: the basis for this game is great. If the stuff that was promised gets implemented, it could go to brilliant.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Laosduude.1690

Laosduude.1690

Just the forums I see being more negative. People in game are usually nice because most log in and want to play.

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

It’s the internet. It’s like this everywhere.

It’s also like this in real life.

If something is bothering them, that motivates them to express it. If it makes them happy, there’s nothing motivating them to stop playing and explain it.

Negativity is still feedback and will be used to make the game better.

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Because they arent one hitting everything.

Here’s how i see it.

Person 1: “Yea die die die haha thats my 300th kill in a row. Looks like this will be my 301st kill in a row!”

Person 2 kills him with his own strategy move

Person 1: “…Omg your a hacker your cheating omg Arenanet necromancers are underpowered make them stronger!”

Personally i think necromancers are just fine where they are maybe fix a smidge stuff but any necromancer i see fighting something with me does just as much if not more than me.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Playing a Necromancer is freaking awesome! If there is one feature that i don’t like, i just adapt, because everything have it’s downsides for every player. It can’t satisfy everyone, so instead of people learning to adapt, they just… rant on how they envision the class… Typical class QQ.

Good that you like it. Don’t let the frustrated forum lurkers say otherwise!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I would like for them to release a patch and give like 1000 skills for us to chose from. This is my biggest complain as of late. I want much more skills. If they give us like 1 new weapon (that’s 2-5 new skills) it will be impossible for me to play this game for years. im already tired of using same freaking skills for hundreds of hours and using the same crap for year? Not possible and boring.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Laosduude.1690

Laosduude.1690

More utilities would be cool

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

More utilities would be cool

AND weapons AND elite skills. The amount of elite skills in this game is a joke considering when 2/3 of them are worst than utilities lol

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

When people aren’t happy they tend to become negative, its a fact of life.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

I would like for them to release a patch and give like 1000 skills for us to chose from. This is my biggest complain as of late. I want much more skills. If they give us like 1 new weapon (that’s 2-5 new skills) it will be impossible for me to play this game for years. im already tired of using same freaking skills for hundreds of hours and using the same crap for year? Not possible and boring.

I think that’s far too many. GW1 had a serious problem with having tons of skills and only a handful of them actually leading to optimal play.

I do think there’s too few skills though, especially in the elite section. Some classes have ONE underwater elite, that’s just awful and severely hampers them.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

The game is great.

But I would like to see some of the stuff they promised they’d add. Because many of the things I bought the game for (personal home instances for example), haven’t been implemented yet. And some things I specifically DIDN’T buy the game for (gear threadmill), were implemented.

So let me rephrase: the basis for this game is great. If the stuff that was promised gets implemented, it could go to brilliant.

THIS.

And: actually necromancer DO HAVE a lot of bugged skills/traits or bad design choiches (forceful jagged horr if you spend 5 points in Death Magic?).
Engineers also do.

It doesn’t mean that everybody dislike their class, just that this game need to be polished.

Posted by: AnemoneMeer.7182

AnemoneMeer.7182

Welcome to forums. Mesmer is still a great class but people are annoyed about the constant (And at times totally baseless) QQ against us, and the perception that ANet will nerf us constantly.

Some polish is needed, but this is an online forum for a game. In other words, it’s pretty much a constant state of the crusades (Seriously, look up some history on the crusades, it’s pretty similar. Groups of soldiers (Bandwagons) attacking here and there with no aim or endgoal because they hate X, or at least like to act like they hate X)

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

The negativity would be there no matter what, even if there was not bugs. Its pretty clear people come in here and vent their frustrations and tiredness. Im yet to find a gaming forum that isn’t full of whine.

Posted by: Hantu.2815

Hantu.2815

Welcome to the Guild Wars community as a whole.

In GW1, it was the same thing. People would write entire full page essays on the forums about something that is completely ruining the game for them and killing it’s potential, such as a bugged tree branch that prevents them from taking a screen shot or the excessively annoying pixel of a mesmer’s rear view on a fancy armour.

These are the people who dislike the game yet have nothing better to play (sad thing is nowadays there really is no better games out there) so with their time they choose to write essays on forums. The GW community is composed of some very smart gamers, very good annalists and some mathematical geniuses. The down side of this: as soon as they reach level 80 and get full armour, this brilliant crew prefers to compose forum essays about very minor things. They sure expect excellence from Anet, but they forget that GW2 is a huge game made by people, and it is still in the making as we speak.

My advice is, just skip the threads that smell like whining and more essays, do not waste your time.

Forgot to add: The forum pages are overly white, I do not think I can ever use them again.

Posted by: Olfinbedwere.5049

Olfinbedwere.5049

1. People mostly come to forums for the purpose of making a complaint/request. That’s kind of what forums are for.

2. The game is great and people love it. If they didn’t love it they wouldn’t bother complaining. When the infamous Star Wars Galaxies combat upgrade destroyed that game people freaked out because they loved it. If we didn’t love it we wouldn’t care that it had problems, and wouldn’t waste our time voicing them. So you can count every complaint as affirmations that people love the game.

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

These are game forums, it’s what happens. Some other game forums are actually more negative than this. I said in another thread but if you really want to enjoy the game then one of the best things you can do is avoid the forums altogether.

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

The forum represents the outspoken minority of gw2 players. Those people tend to be more negative because the people who are happy have almost no reason to post in the forums.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Many classes still have some serious problems that need to be dealt with which haven’t been fixed since launch. Other classes get the vast majority of their builds nerfed into the ground. Some nerfs have caused serious imbalances at higher end PvP. People get sick of constantly having to work around all of this.

Idk about necro as I don’t have one, but as far as mesmer… they are one of the classes where they have had their builds all nerfed into the ground (shatter is the last decent one).

PvE wise… their dps is low, and they can only really bring portal/time warp to the table (everything else another class can do better)

On top of that the blind/block/dodge =‘s no illusion mechanic is totally unfair and needs to be scrapped. The Dev’s consider illusions attacks and not summons (which they obviously are). But ok fine whatever… given that then… why are my mesmer’s multi-hitting/aoe attacks not even occurring due to a single blind/dodge/block? I’m fine with nerfs for balance… but this is very obviously an imbalance with the basic rules of the game (which I’m not ok with and have pretty much quit my mesmer due to this).

This doesn’t even get into the 30+ bugs that the mesmer still has…

Don’t even get me started on the current state of engineers…

On the other hand… I do love my guardian ;D

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

I love my necro, she is great especially the way I have her set up , but for the love of all things she is sooooooooo squishy at times.
I am so wanting more skills to chose from as well , as the elites on offer ,only 3 of them are any good, the weapon skills locked in is something I don’t like at all in any class, I would like to have a choice on the skills I want to use like we had in Gw1.

As for all the complaints that is a very easy fix for anet to address ……. Answer the complaints and bugs reported straight away not 3 weeks after the fact, or not at all. Then the majority of this community won’t be hating on them because you are constantly being ignored when they have asked for your input in the first place.

This game is great that is for sure and it can and will be alot better in the future I am hoping, There is always teething problems in games this I can live with and they should know what the community loved about gw1 and hopefully over the next few months we get some of that feeling back into this game with the updates.

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Don’t worry. Game is awesome as hell. Been playing it since launch. Anyways, like what the posts above me said, it’s the forums. Things like these happen all the time.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: loopi.7913

loopi.7913

Exactly what phabby said. This game is great, it has a ton of potential and it’s still fairly new so there are still a lot of issues that need to be worked out. The huge problem is just the lack of communication on Anets part. At least acknowledge the issues the community has ( I know all of them cannot be addressed there are simply too many problems Right now) But maybe a general idea of what they are trying to address so that those giving them the benefit of the doubt are reassured they will at some point fix certain things (like exploiting) Or broken skills, culling ect. I don’t need to have it fixed immediate, id like to be here for the long term… I love this game. A little acknowledgement might go a long way to help calm the nerd rage . It couldn’t hurt to have some community relation moderators keeping the population informed and updated more regularly here on the forums since this is where people look for answers.

Vexinia – Squishee animal wrangler of TC

Posted by: Slaa.7561

Slaa.7561

Positive people are playing.

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

Positive people are playing.

QFE. I’m only on here because I’m at work and this site isn’t blocked. I prefer r/Guildwars2 on reddit though. The community there’s a little less tedious and the forum moderation is significantly less anxiety-inducing. Since Guildwars2Guru.com is blocked at work, I really haven’t been there recently. Before launch that was my main goto forum.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Well if you think attempting to make a company live up to its promises and keep them honest is negative and horrible so be it.
But I for one bought this game on promises and ideas presented to me way before launch. They have thrown those under the bus. And changed the game significantly.

I think it is important to hold people and companies accountable for what they say and promise otherwise you end up with vanilla instead of chocolate and told it is chocolate and look its white and yes you were promised and got chocolate.

As to positive people playing never met my guild they rip this game to pieces everyday.
It is just a certain type of person that tries to communicate.

Posted by: SolitaryJr.9654

SolitaryJr.9654

Well, I have read a few topics…and I like how a player said in the last topic.

So, we shouldn’t use the term “negative” and “positive” for the players who dislike or like the game. They aren’t negative nor positive, they are either giving out their opinions, suggestions, or compliments to the game. (Of course, some of them just purposely bash/criticize because the game systems do not work out like the way they played in other game or like everyone said, it’s just how it looks like as in any forums)

The game is still consider new, don’t expect a patch to fix everything.
I believe that A-Net and players know what to do. And A-net should learn the lesson that not to simply promises something that can’t be happens in a short term…

By the way, still remember the last topic? This topic too will soon be as derailed with off-topic and non-constructive comments.

So, chop chop. Go and enjoy whatever you were doing.

Cheers and peace!

Charrs – Thief(80), Guardian(80), Engineer(80), Warrior(80)
[Resting atm :)]

(edited by SolitaryJr.9654)

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Well people basically come to the forums to kitten about something

Posted by: I Fuzion I.2546

I Fuzion I.2546

Hoping as a community we can make the game grow, Guildwars 1 was EXACTLY the same (in that people moaned).. and turned into a great game.. If you dont complain/moan.. Anet dont know what your gripes are.. if 1,000,000 complained that they didnt have enough loot..
Anet would introduce more loot..

Its the way business work..
Perfect example:

If i had a sandwich van and people kept moaning as i didnt have red sauce.. id buy some to shut them up and make sure they dont go next door..

Lets say my sauce takes 3 days to arrive… The next day the person comes.. I say nothing, and the next, i say nothing, the next day when the sauce has arrived he doesnt come and hes gone next door.. I made him feel like i dont care.. by not simply saying “ive got sauce on order pal”.. This is what anet are doing by not saying anything and just coming out with a patch randomly.

However if they said nothing and just went next door.. id never know and my sandwich van would be half the sandwich van it could be, thats why many people are negative/moaning (in your opinion)

(edited by I Fuzion I.2546)

Posted by: Danigar.3795

Danigar.3795

One thing I learned form the forum is that every class can do everything that every other class can do, except every other class can do it better.

Posted by: Tken.1986

Tken.1986

One thing I learned form the forum is that every class can do everything that every other class can do, except every other class can do it better.

My answer is TIME.
I played necro a little bit. It is a fun class indeed, but time has consumed my positiveness.
Yes, other classes can do better. I wondered if this investment is worth it or not. I cannot come to a clear conclusion, and that’s why I don’t have the motivation to boost it to lvl80. That’s my perspective. ( and my ranger is in Sealed Mode)

If OP think it is fun, then it is FUN to you. As long as you enjoy it, there is nothing wrong with it. Maybe it will be fun for me someday. (I hope)

Posted by: Borked.6824

Borked.6824

OP- I used to be exactly like you. I played beta, I spent hours drooling over the content that was to be. I even enjoyed every level on my first character up until 80. I even made dozens of posts defending GW2 as the initial haters started in on a myriad of topics. Then it hit me that a game with absolutely limitless potential is dragged down by flaws, specifically in regard to this overwhelming sense of control by publishers to make money. When I say potential, I truly mean it. There has never been a more polished game visually and aesthetically, and with a fantastic story to back it up. But it’s severely lacking in social aspects, ways to make people stand out, competition, strategy, and things to actually “grind” out a story for yourself that doesn’t involve becoming borderline about RNG. The reason I’m angry is that this potential is being flaunting in front of us, as well as the developers, and is most likely going to be ignored. As much as I hate to say it, the gamers have officially lost their voice in the “development” of the game, and the fact that I and thousands of others have fantastic ideas are going to be written off because of a hidden agenda makes me a little ticked off.

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

because of a hidden agenda makes me a little ticked off.

I’m not convinced that the concept of businesses existing to generate revenue is entirely a hidden agenda.

Behold: Opinions!

Posted by: I Fuzion I.2546

I Fuzion I.2546

Moderator, Does anyone who makes the decisions have any clue what is going on? I think surely you could help to be our voice and highlight that there is growing concern that the game is fast becoming old for some people? even those who have played a mmo for 7 years straight… can you advise if they are aware?? Is it pointless talking about it? Do the anet team browse here etc?

I get the impression that they are asking the wrong people what they think can help the game.. Instead of opening it up for millions of people, why dont they sit 10-20 people down, from diffrent game genre, and ask them what they dont like about the game?

(edited by I Fuzion I.2546)

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

I have never flamed you in a post on necro forums. So your claim of everyone is just not true.