Why is it so kittening laggy?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Seriously, what’s going on? The lag is very annoying, I lag every single time I get into a fight.

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Are your graphics settings up too high? Sometimes that can cause lag.

Though, I have been noticing much more lag recently – never used to get any except in extreme cases like running the Sanctum Sprint. I haven’t changed a thing on my settings, yet now even in fights against one random mob in the open world my server will often start lagging (to the point where I’ll very nearly die against a mob about 20 levels lower for no reason other than my skill 2 didn’t work when I hit it).

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Yeah, overall lag has increased since launch. I’m not sure why.

It’s not to a critical level yet and it’s not there all the time (thank god), so hopefully we don’t have anything to worry about (yet).

I do hope that the frequency of patches doesn’t have something to do with it. That was why I left Dungeons & Dragons Online; content patches were released too quickly and each patch brought more lag, to the point where the game eventually became completely unplayable…

It could simply be because of the influx of new players, though… Increased server loads, perhaps?

Posted by: DAKAKI.1478

DAKAKI.1478

This week a number of my guildies from Isle of Janthir are having massive lag issues. I can’t figure it out other than we all are on the same server. It is really noticeable in dungeons. Hope this gets fixed because some are becomming near unplayable.

Mainly it is spikes…

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve actually experienced the opposite. Since about late November I’ve found maps load much quicker. (I almost never get lag while playing so I can’t comment on that.)

It might well depend on what server you’re on and where in the world you are.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

No lag on my end. US East, Tarnished Coast. Perhaps try restarting your router and resetting your internet?

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Lag has nothing to do with the settings. Or do you mean spikes?

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”