Why is loot from chest so bad? Jump Puzzles chest

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

I spent about quite a few hours today completing jump puzzles…I knocked out 16 of them.

I am pretty disappointed in the rewards that come from the chest.

I got mostly white items and one or 2 blues. This was also fighting the boss (giant destroyer troll, undead nobles etc) at the end of most of them.

Shouldn’t things like this at least reward you for the effort you went through? I am doing the jump puzzles for achievement points but if it wasn’t for that then I wouldn’t do them at all because the loot is so bad like this.

This also seems to be a pattern for some boss fights to.

Please Anet make the loot worth our time.

Thanks

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

all chest loot is terrible in this game

theres like a 0.5% chance of good loot and the rest is vendor trash.

Angelus.1042

all chest loot is terrible in this game

theres like a 0.5% chance of good loot and the rest is vendor trash.

Thats pretty bad its that way…They dont want us to grind yet they want us to grind for loot…

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

I never get anything below blue quality and I normally get at least 1 rare and a medallion. Considering it takes all of 5 minutes tops to get a couple silver, I don’t see your point. Better rewards come from boss chests. Dragons give large chests that give you loot based on your actual level, as do the starting zone bosses like the Fire Ele and Ice Shaman.

Angelus.1042

I never get anything below blue quality and I normally get at least 1 rare and a medallion. Considering it takes all of 5 minutes tops to get a couple silver, I don’t see your point. Better rewards come from boss chests. Dragons give large chests that give you loot based on your actual level, as do the starting zone bosses like the Fire Ele and Ice Shaman.

I suppose your the special one then lol…everything must be perfect.

I must be one of the many in the above 0.5% bracket

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

The loot from the dragon chests are pants, it’s no better then what I get from spending the same ammount of time killing any type of mobs out there..

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I got a rare spear from the Portman’s puzzle yesterday. second time I got a rare from a chest I think.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

For the three Lion’s Arch puzzles, which scale with player level, I haven’t gotten anything more than green from them as far as equipment drops. I do, however, get tier 6 jewels occasionally, and a Ruby Orb or Beryl Orb are worth a good bit more than most yellows.

Worth doing daily for the 5-10 minutes the three puzzles take.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

Because they reset every 24 hours and if they gave very special loot then it wouldn’t be very special anymore now would it?

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

Yea, the loot from them being anything special wouldn’t make sense because you can repeat them so frequently and they’re so quickly done… maybe there’s an alternative though, make it so only one jump puzzle a day gives something decent?

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Angelus.1042

funny.. Im lvl 80 and got whites and a gem from the lions arch ones.

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

The rewards for content in this game is lack luster. Its grind or go home for anything worth while.

I do not run dungeons because you do not get any worth while loot for killing bosses.

I only do WvW jump puzzles because they are the only ones that offer good rewards for you effort.

I do not do epic events because they give you no decent rewards after you kill the dragon or finish the chain.

I do not grind because all GW2 Devs want you to do is grind for anything worth while.

Gameplay I like, rewards and progression suck. Only aspect of this game with good balanced progression is SPVP.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

To give an alternative post to Mog’s…

I’m pretty happy with the rewards in this game. If the cheapest exotics were even cheaper, I wouldn’t mind. What I experience as “grind” is when I do things I have to instead of because I want to. If I have to do X because I want to do Y instead, that’s grind. If I do X because X is what I want do, that’s me enjoying my leisure time.

So I run dungeons if there’s a skin I want or if a friend wants a skin and I want to hang out with that friend.

I do jump puzzles because I want to do each jump puzzle at least once or I want to show someone the puzzle.

I do epic events because they’re epic.

I like the gameplay and I think rewards and progression are where they need to be. Some of the stuff is out of reach enough that I have goals but they’re optional goals instead of forced on me and so I don’t really feel miserable when doin somethin routine for them.

Gate of Madness

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

I’m sorry, but I don’t spend 100% of my in game time figuring out how to most effectively gain wealth, and dismiss everything that doesn’t give me what I want as fast as possible.
There is content, such as jumping puzzles, that lets you wind down and do something different when you’re burned out from a hard day’s work SCing dungeons. The chest at the end of those puzzles is just a nice touch, a chocolate on the hotel room pillow, so to speak.
Back at the start of GW1, chests are randomly scattered around the world and could be opened by anyone without buying lockpicks of keys for them. There were even some semi hard ones to reach that had a higher chance for what was then pretty kitten loot. What ended up happening is that people started farming these chests like crazy, making the journey to those chests nothing more than an obstacle that had to be overcome as fast as possible instead of the reason why you were doing the content.

They eventually removed those two chests in the Shiverpeaks and locked all the other randomly spawning ones, requiring players to buy keys to open them.

I’d rather they stick with those little “thank you for participating” chest rewards and have players do the puzzle mainly for the puzzle itself, than turning them into a farm-a-palooza.

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

Well think of it this way.
If the jump puzzle chests were awesome.
Everyeone would get them.
I mean its not like there are guides/videos out there that show you where and how to get them.

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Calavera is right. Quick, repeatable content doesn’t give good loot because it is quick and repeatable.

(If you really want to complain, wait until you finish the personal story! )

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

Jumping puzzles are an achievement, the chests are there to give a sense of “closure” not for loot. If you like to complete everything in game then do them for that reason.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Chests probably shouldn’t be re-lootable.

I’d rather do a jumping puzzle, get a nice rewarding chest for it and be done with it. Who would re-do a jumping puzzle just for the crap in the chest? =p

And it’s not that the game is unrewarding, it’s that the effort/reward ratio is out of whack. If you want rewards, you grind mobs or events, you should be rewarded more for challenging stuff, or puzzles.

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

Chests probably shouldn’t be re-lootable.

I’d rather do a jumping puzzle, get a nice rewarding chest for it and be done with it. Who would re-do a jumping puzzle just for the crap in the chest? =p

And it’s not that the game is unrewarding, it’s that the effort/reward ratio is out of whack. If you want rewards, you grind mobs or events, you should be rewarded more for challenging stuff, or puzzles.

Couldn’t agree more

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

I did Scavenger’s Chasm 3 times over 9 days (every 3rd day), and still did not score anything remotely useful. i always get stuff i cannot use (not the right profession), sadly.

if the puzzles aren’t too bad i don’t mind going through them again. Wayfarer’s in Sharkmaw/Lions Arch was the best one i have ever completed. I think the other puzzles do not compare.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Would want rare quality gear for the first completion of the jumping puzzle then make it hand out 1/2 blues as a reward afterwards. That way the first time you might get something useful and then if a friend needs you at least get a blue.

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I prefer how Guild Wars did it with this setup.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Treasure
Those locations gave some really nice loot and gold. They took a very long time to reset though, and had diminishing returns if you repeatedly farmed them. But because there were so many locations it didn’t matter in the long run. Only doing each of them once a month gave great returns for people who wanted that extra loot and monies.

(edited by Redfeather.6401)

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

If rare chest drops were as common as common drops, they’d…uh…be common too, making them just as much merchant food as anything else. Besides that, what are your standards for what is good loot and what is bad loot? If you’re in a lower level area and are playing on a lower level character then some of those ‘bad’ loots may actually be better than what you’re currently using and would therefore be an upgrade to either the weapon or armor or whatever you currently are using. Also, there are alot of crafting items these chests provide which in the long run, you will end up using to make better, and rarer items…if you so choose of course. And finally, the jumping puzzles are meant to be a challenge, an experience, and an achievement and since you can only get them once per day, they really aren’t your best means of obtaining rare items or even lots of common items. I would still do the jumping puzzles at least once, even without a chest at the end. The chest at the end may only serve a small reward/incentive to those players wishing to repeat the challenge, as would any event chest. How many players would want to fight the dragon events more than once if not for the chance to get something, anything, from the end chest even if 90% of the time it’s just merchant food?