Why is the UI so awful?

Why is the UI so awful?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Koolaidius.2580

Koolaidius.2580

Apparently we aren’t allowed to have the option to show overhead healthbars on allies to help with support because the devs don’t like clutter, but there is absolutely no option to disable ally names if you are in a squad or raid.

What is with this contradiction?

Why is the UI so awful?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Apparently we aren’t allowed to have the option to show overhead healthbars on allies to help with support because the devs don’t like clutter, but there is absolutely no option to disable ally names if you are in a squad or raid.

I thought I saw a dev post a few days ago saying that the lack of ally health bar above their heads was unintended. A bug they were working on?

Why is the UI so awful?

Koolaidius.2580

I thought I saw a dev post a few days ago saying that the lack of ally health bar above their heads was unintended. A bug they were working on?

That post was from over a year ago. I’m pretty sure they are not actually working on it.

Why is the UI so awful?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

That post was from over a year ago. I’m pretty sure they are not actually working on it.

My bad. Sorry, and good luck.

Why is the UI so awful?

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

instead of taking time to look on these bugs ppl can do these for them but they dont like that :/

Why is the UI so awful?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Why not change your post to simply ask for the option to display healthbars overhead? What difference does it make if this seems at odds with other parts of the UI?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Why is the UI so awful?

Koolaidius.2580

that can be easily fixed just go to options look about halfway down the first tab and you will see it. check the box and see everyone’s health lvls

I’m not seeing this option anywhere.

Why is the UI so awful?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

that can be easily fixed just go to options look about halfway down the first tab and you will see it. check the box and see everyone’s health lvls

look at the bottom of this pic where it is marked in red is the one you want. also in checking that box will turn it into a number format . without all the other stuff your seeing now . sadly to say this is about the best you can for now hope for to fix your problem .

“Show simple condition floaters” doesn’t make everyone’s health bars appear above their heads or disable ally names.

Why is the UI so awful?

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

look at the bottom of this pic where it is marked in red is the one you want. also in checking that box will turn it into a number format . without all the other stuff your seeing now . sadly to say this is about the best you can for now hope for to fix your problem .

“Show simple condition floaters” doesn’t make everyone’s health bars appear above their heads or disable ally names.

O_o Rose is absolutely right here. All this does is turn off the “condition” icons next to their damage ticks, so instead of seeing “<torment> 216” you see “216” for your condition damage on the target.

Why is the UI so awful?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

ok look where i got it marked in red and check that box on your game in the options tab. and then go out into the world click on something and then you will see how much health it has till you kill it . as well as when you kill it you see the numbers going down .on whatever it is your killing .

That still doesn’t permanently make health bars appear over all players’ heads or anything, though, which is what the thread is about.; the only thing it does is turn the target’s HP into a percentage.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Why is the UI so awful?

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The UI needs some love and lots of options.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Why is the UI so awful?

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The whole lack of customizability coupled with their stance against modding (and frankly, lack of a modding API) is just feeling like a good ol’ 2001 MMO again.

I thought we evolved past this

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Why is the UI so awful?

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The whole lack of customizability coupled with their stance against modding (and frankly, lack of a modding API) is just feeling like a good ol’ 2001 MMO again.

I thought we evolved past this

I thought so too…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.