Why is the camera so focused on the floor???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MrNobody.4357

MrNobody.4357

made some new test and comparison with default and tweaked FoV at
- 1200×1200 (1:1)
- 1600×1200 (4:3)
- 1920×1200 (16:10)
http://imgur.com/a/jL3Mj

it is a work in progress

Posted by: pandemos.3497

pandemos.3497

made some new test and comparison with default and tweaked FoV at
- 1200×1200 (1:1)
- 1600×1200 (4:3)
- 1920×1200 (16:10)
http://imgur.com/a/jL3Mj

it is a work in progress

Thanks for the very clear/illustrative images. Not having issues with the FoV and not having issues pointing my camera up, I was still at a loss to what people were complaining about. Getting home I’d play with the camera… pan around LA enjoy the view and move on to whatever it was I was doing. I’d assume that the FoV increase won’t results in circular distorted perspective… but either way, just add a slider and let the player decide. That’s what defaults are for, for “artistic intent”.

My wife’s only complaint on the camera is that you can’t position it at the zenith… I guess she uses that for position orientation when jumping? I also have no need for that.

Edit: 26" 1980×1200 native resolution, roughly 22-24" away… just to clarify

Posted by: vitigis.4160

vitigis.4160

Edit: D_i_c_kinson. Oh dear.

THE Bruce D_i_c_kinson?!

Q-everyone has it better than me-Q

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

+1 for adding a FOV slider, or some way to configure this.

I play on a 30" monitor (I know, first world problems), which really exaggerates the tunnel-vision effect from the narrow FOV. I literally can’t play for more than an hour at a time without starting to feel dizzy/sick. I end up tabbing out and surfing the web throughout my play session to give my eyes a break. I have never, in nearly 20 years of playing countless 3D titles, ever had this happen to me in another game.

I’m all for you guys standing by your artistic vision, especially when you’ve obviously put so much effort into creating a beautiful world, but something’s got to give. I know I’m in the minority, but I’m guessing that making your customers physically ill wasn’t on the list of things you set out to accomplish with this otherwise fantastic game.

I play on a 30" monitor as well. I saved for a long time for that monitor and I refuse to scale down the game screen to get an acceptable FOV.

I resubscribed and logged on to Rift this morning and it was like being able to breath again when it comes to FOV/camera. I just don’t understand how a ‘state of the art’ new MMO doesn’t have the very basic mechanics that every other MMO I’ve played since the original Everquest used succesfully. Camera/FOV, non-movable UI frames, no graphic preview in trading post, etc. As much as it’s crippled, this game feels like a console port to PC.

Flexibility is the key to many things in life. When you lock things down and force people to adhere to “my way or the highway” mentality, many people will choose the highway.

Posted by: Naii.9810

Naii.9810

As an Asura I think my view is even further reduced T-T

Posted by: Jjiinx.8795

Jjiinx.8795

Anet can’t seriously still be against an FoV option…

Posted by: Avatar.1923

anet will get things right, eventually.

but a better look at how “the king skyrim” did it, could have helped.

Posted by: Lithos.9560

Lithos.9560

+1 for adding a FOV slider, or some way to configure this.

I play on a 30" monitor (I know, first world problems), which really exaggerates the tunnel-vision effect from the narrow FOV. I literally can’t play for more than an hour at a time without starting to feel dizzy/sick. I end up tabbing out and surfing the web throughout my play session to give my eyes a break. I have never, in nearly 20 years of playing countless 3D titles, ever had this happen to me in another game.

I’m all for you guys standing by your artistic vision, especially when you’ve obviously put so much effort into creating a beautiful world, but something’s got to give. I know I’m in the minority, but I’m guessing that making your customers physically ill wasn’t on the list of things you set out to accomplish with this otherwise fantastic game.

I play on a 30" monitor as well. I saved for a long time for that monitor and I refuse to scale down the game screen to get an acceptable FOV.

I resubscribed and logged on to Rift this morning and it was like being able to breath again when it comes to FOV/camera. I just don’t understand how a ‘state of the art’ new MMO doesn’t have the very basic mechanics that every other MMO I’ve played since the original Everquest used succesfully. Camera/FOV, non-movable UI frames, no graphic preview in trading post, etc. As much as it’s crippled, this game feels like a console port to PC.

Flexibility is the key to many things in life. When you lock things down and force people to adhere to “my way or the highway” mentality, many people will choose the highway.

You make an excellent point. Our expensive computer monitors are going to waste because of the horrible camerea/pov/fov/whatever in this game. I can’t even articulate the urgency of this matter.

Posted by: Thorgald.2485

Thorgald.2485

This made me laugh so hard..

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/9586/article/guild-wars-2-fov-fix-video-demonstration-feature-requested-by-players/

As of now, tweaking the game to offer an FOV of 90 is an actual, bannable offense as ArenaNet does not allow for players to modify the game in any way whatsoever.

So i’m just gonna have to either accept having my eyes hurt after an hour or two, play at an abnormal windowed mode on my widescreen or risk getting banned by making a minor change that allows me to enjoy the game to it’s fullest?