Why is there a AP Cap

Why is there a AP Cap

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Michin.5831

Michin.5831

Why is there a AP Cap on dailies/monthlies?

Miichin(JQ)

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

So that one day you can be free…

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Because doing all dailies every day for the AP prevents you from doing the things in the game you actually enjoy.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

So people just starting the game aren’t completely left behind.

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Because there were several threads by people who felt compelled to do all the dailies every single day, who wanted a cap on the dailies so they could eventually be forced to stop and ANet listened to them.

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Except they are forever behind due to all the missed achievements from season one living story.

Why is there a AP Cap

Fernling.1729

Except they are forever behind due to all the missed achievements from season one living story.

That’s true. New people can get relatively close to veteran players even missing those achievements. Imagine people starting the game in 2-3 years from now without the daily ap cap.

Why is there a AP Cap

Ayrilana.1396

That’s true. New people can get relatively close to veteran players even missing those achievements. Imagine people starting the game in 2-3 years from now without the daily ap cap.

About 4,471 achievements points they can no longer get with 462 coming from SAB.

Why is there a AP Cap

Fernling.1729

About 4,471 achievements points they can no longer get with 462 coming from SAB.

I didn’t realize it was that much… That is about 1000% more than I though haha.

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: Frostaneous.6790

Frostaneous.6790

man…I quit playing and missed alot…what is this cap though?

Why is there a AP Cap

Ayrilana.1396

man…I quit playing and missed alot…what is this cap though?

AP from dailies caps at 10,000 and from monthly caps at 5,000.

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: Frostaneous.6790

Frostaneous.6790

oh gotcha…I guess i thought that they didnt count for the grand total. I dont know why I thought that…just did.

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

Or they simplay want to prevent people from reaching so many points that they are way beyond the rewards.

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Or they simplay want to prevent people from reaching so many points that they are way beyond the rewards.

They have rewards that start past 36000 ap, which is impossible to get anywhere close to at this point. An entire new set of weapons. That argument doesn’t make any sense.

Why is there a AP Cap

Schwarzseher.9873

They have rewards that start past 36000 ap, which is impossible to get anywhere close to at this point. An entire new set of weapons. That argument doesn’t make any sense.

You have a link to show these weapons? And Im pretty sure without that cap there would be already people beyond 36k ap.

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You have a link to show these weapons? And Im pretty sure without that cap there would be already people beyond 36k ap.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pinnacle_weapon_skins

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

I regret not doing SAB more and more. I thought it was something that I could just finish at my leisure. And then one day it was just gone.

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Because people thought that Anet was holding a gun to their head and forcing them to do all the dailies or they would fall behind in some non-existent competition.

For a more practical reason, due to the poor weighting of various achievements such as capturing hundreds of camps for a piddling couple of AP, dailies and monthlies would greatly overshadow AP from other sources.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pinnacle_weapon_skins

And people say that there is no end game.

Why is there a AP Cap

Schwarzseher.9873

Because people thought that Anet was holding a gun to their head and forcing them to do all the dailies or they would fall behind in some non-existent competition.

For a more practical reason, due to the poor weighting of various achievements such as capturing hundreds of camps for a piddling couple of AP, dailies and monthlies would greatly overshadow AP from other sources.

They are still holding another gun to our head: You have to farm gold or either you will fall back regarding to weapons/ armor skins and shopitems which you only can compensate if you put a large sum of real life money in it.

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

They are still holding another gun to our head: You have to farm gold or either you will fall back regarding to weapons/ armor skins and shopitems which you only can compensate if you put a large sum of real life money in it.

Well, they must be using snipers for me, because I don’t see anyone*.

Yet…

*Nerf Stealth.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

the AP Caps are there for Achievement Hunter Leaderboards. Not new people. It was said somewhere on this forum awhile back.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I doubt anyone would be anywhere near 36k without the cap. And so what if they are? Clearly anet intends for people to have upwards of 50k ap at some point.

Why is there a AP Cap

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Pinnacle weapons start at 29k AP, last Zenith is awarded at 28k.
Too bad they look very ugly and I will never use any of them.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.