Why is there no green tag?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Slyther.1297

Slyther.1297

One observation about the new tag colours is the absence of green, which baffles me a bit… Green is a primary colour and it just seems logical to include it as an option.

In my opinion having a fifth colour would also seem ideal, as there have been a few events that require five or more groups. Green in particular seems to make sense as well as the three way WvW battles also reflect the primary colours of Green/Red/Blue, and a green tag could see some great use in WvW battles.

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Hmmm… Green isn’t a primary color.

The primary colors are red, blue, and yellow, with green coming from blue and yellow obviously.

Slyther.1297

I’m positive I was taught Red/Green/Blue in school… and just to double check I did a Google search. It seems there is actually conflicting info, as image search turns up a mix of RGB results (Which is what I was taught) and RBY.

(edited by Slyther.1297)

Slyther.1297

A quick glance at the wiki shows that RGB is the current model, whereas RBY is used in either art or as an older model of primary colours.

I do believe RGB is more universally accepted, as that is the colours the human eye actually sees. With that my original post still stands.

Edit: Looking more in-depth shows that it’s actually additive versus subtractive methods. Overlapping light is additive, where RBG produces yellow, cyan, magenta.

(edited by Slyther.1297)

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

i was taught RBY.

I think green tags would not have been a good idea because their main use is supposed to be wvw and so much of the map is green that they would not be as easily distinguishable as the other colors. Even large portions of the pve map would have that issue as well.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Zenon.4328

Zenon.4328

Red, Blue, and Yellow are the primary colors for ink/paint. Example would be ink for a color printer: Magenta (red), Cyan (blue), and Yellow.

Red, Blue, and Green are the primary colors for light. Example would be old rear-projection TVs if you look inside it.

Have to be careful with definition of White and Black as well since their definition swaps between Ink and Light. Example would be combining all colors in ink makes Black, but combing all colors in light makes White.

Posted by: Arianhod.3485

Arianhod.3485

…but back to topic (:P), I’m with Goatjugsoup.8637 on this.

It’s a-me, Aria!

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

One observation about the new tag colours is the absence of green, which baffles me a bit… Green is a primary colour and it just seems logical to include it as an option.

>.< … glad to know i wasn’t the only one bothered by it

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

There isnt a green tag cause nobody like guacamole flavored doritos.

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

Yea I wish there was a green one too. One of my guildies hypothesized it’s because color blind people wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between the red tag and the green tag. Since red/green is the most common color blindness it seems plausible.

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

Yea I wish there was a green one too. One of my guildies hypothesized it’s because color blind people wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between the red tag and the green tag. Since red/green is the most common color blindness it seems plausible.

That may be true since I have that problem myself but theres no reason ppl cant say they have that problem and which is the right one in map chat.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Why not let us use our dyes the comm tag :P

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

Why not let us use our dyes the comm tag :P

Everyone follow the shy peach! xD

Had to. :P

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Because WvW map is green, and comm tags are for WvW.

That said, I am a bit sad by this. Green is one of my fav colors.

Posted by: Naetell.3815

Naetell.3815

The number of colours is clearly limited so we can rejoice when they add Commander Tag Dyes to the game.

Posted by: RavenStorm.2193

RavenStorm.2193

I enjoy the fact that there are different color tags.A suggestion however why not let those who have the tags be able to put in what they want to do when tagged up Like adding a name to the tag say I want to do the blue in PVE I wish we were able to put in Map Exploration so other folks could join up and do that if they would like company . Or even put gathering etc. with that tag until we choose to do something else Say maybe even helping out in game>>>>>> Just my thoughts I am very tired of players in game yelling about tags up everywhere. I believe truly they just do not have tags and are mad because they didn’t buy one before now!

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’m positive I was taught Red/Green/Blue in school… and just to double check I did a Google search. It seems there is actually conflicting info, as image search turns up a mix of RGB results (Which is what I was taught) and RBY.

Red/Blue/Green is how we perceive light, and it’s one of the more popular sets of “primary colors”. For printing and painting, Red/Yellow/Blue is often used since you can make more colors from that than you can with Red/Green/Blue.