Why is there still not cross-realm zoning?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Drakken.3427

Drakken.3427

I am trying to group with 4 other players to do fractals, and none of us can get into lion’s arch overflow. This is bullkitten, anet needs to add in guesting for parties at least for fractals/dungeons.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Uhm, do you have any idea… ANY idea how much work they have to put into creating free content every three months for players to devour, while at the same time working on their real expansions?

Guesting, like Guild Halls, are a pretty large game feature and I wouldn’t be surprised if they pushed it back to release them as part of their first real expansion.

I think you aren’t grateful enough for all the free entertainment they provide you with. You know what would enable them to work faster? More people. Man hours are expensive. You can help them pay the bills by using them Gem Shop. You get cool stuff, and the features you want faster, while they can keep working on the game you love.

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

I am trying to group with 4 other players to do fractals, and none of us can get into lion’s arch overflow. This is bullkitten, anet needs to add in guesting for parties at least for fractals/dungeons.

Give it time. The game is still pretty young. They need time to polish and add in these features. Given the game is a one time purchase deal, a little patience isn’t too much to ask for.

That said, I do wish a good chunk of the problems with fractals would be fixed, but again. All in time.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Uhm, do you have any idea… ANY idea how much work they have to put into creating free content every three months for players to devour, while at the same time working on their real expansions?

Guesting, like Guild Halls, are a pretty large game feature and I wouldn’t be surprised if they pushed it back to release them as part of their first real expansion.

I think you aren’t grateful enough for all the free entertainment they provide you with. You know what would enable them to work faster? More people. Man hours are expensive. You can help them pay the bills by using them Gem Shop. You get cool stuff, and the features you want faster, while they can keep working on the game you love.

You’ve got to be kidding me with this response. Free?

Do you know that what the OP was asking for – and PAID FOR – was advertised as a feature of the game?

It’s a pretty tell-tale sign of despair when a player on the forums is asking other players to go to the gem store to “help them out.”

It’s over. GW2 has found its niche, and a niche is all it will be.

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

The overall design of the party and dungeon system is extremely bad if you ask me. I along with my friend (when we played) experienced nothing but headaches with this. I can’t believe they didn’t fix or rewrite this process during the what 5 years of beta?

0.5 stars out of 5 for this system.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
ยป My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Posted by: Drakken.3427

Drakken.3427

I do not care about the halloween, lost shores, or wintersday events. They were all boring and designed with children in mind. I paid $60 for a game and I am not going to buy gems to help pay for man hours so they can add a grouping system in their game that should have been in the beta. Seriously, dungeon and group finders are from the stone age now.

Posted by: tomshreds.1745

tomshreds.1745

It was there on launch and should have stayed. It’s announced since the first betas and it worked well for some time before they seem to have took it away.

Talking about free content, they should focus on fixing their kitten before throwing random content at players. Players like a bugfree environment instead of random content. When trying to throw too much content out, people wanted more and ASCENDED GEAR happened. This is what happens when you try to feed players too much.

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

Not interested in new content, they should fix the population imbalance first. That is the game breaker.

By imbalance I mean too many in some zones and too few in others. Guesting and Underflow Server systems would solve that and it would not be that hard. The code is already mostly in place. They just need to modify the code for overflow servers and guesting in personal storylines, dungeons, etc.

And we PAID for the game. It was NOT free.