Why isn't there any server forums?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jpac.9623

Jpac.9623

I was wondering why there aren’t any forums for the servers. I’d like to see what the discussions and issues pertaining to each specific server are

Nothing really technical, just more on the line of “O, this guild joined our server” or “this guy is good to have on your team for spvp” or “last nights frac group was epic”.

Things like that really bring the best out of servers and could even compel people to stay within their server, assuming their friends are on the same server and are not trying to jump servers for WvW.

I remember in when I use to play WoW Vanilla (LONG time ago) it was fun to read up on my own server community events, issues, players etc. It would be nice to see specific people/guilds being brought up in discussions for whatever reason, good or bad. In addition, it created a better sense of community within the server…

Anet, make it happen.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Some servers have set up independent web sites and teamspeaks, but I agree – it would be nice to have official forums

Posted by: Thord.2017

Thord.2017

Perhaps it would help to build a closer community if those on one server chat a bit in the Forums. The thing is perhaps that is all it would do, community within servers but I think that Arena want a larger community so that when PvE Guesting starts servers will not be as seperated as they are now. Just trying to think of why we don’t have them.

Warrior level 80, Guardian level 80, Ranger level 80, Thief level 80, Elementalist level 60

Server: Gunnars Hold [EU]

Jpac.9623

I think too, it would help for guild recruitment’s…sometimes I see people post in the guild forums, but I think to my self “why bother even looking, what if they are not even on my server, chances are they are not. Then I have to server transfer, and what if their server is full” Too much hassle…where as if there was a forum for my server, I could just look and see who’s recruiting within my server

I don’t think PvE guesting would be hurt by the server forums because we would still have the general forums and other forums still available.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I agree, server forums would help with many things

Jpac.9623

Devs? Any comment

Posted by: KeeVasha.5874

KeeVasha.5874

I asked this question quite awhile ago myself.. shrugs

Never seperate the life you lead.. from the ‘words’ you speak

Jpac.9623

And no response eh? wack.

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

Piken square have an independent forum as @Karizee said.

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~