Why isnt MF shown in the new stat UI?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

Magic Find is a VERY common stat, more so than +Karma or +Gold (from new infusions and/or food), and yet it’s still treated like a dirty little secret that you’re not allowed to get info on. There’s an empty space right beside Agony Resistance that would be perfect for showing your total % Magic Find.

I understand that Magic Find is technically not a “combat-stat” but it’s just as important (if you’re using a MF set) as stats like Power/Toughness/etc.

Note:
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU DISLIKE MAGIC FIND, IF YOU POST PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC.

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Just be happy others can’t see your mf stat. Actually, I’d make the trade in a hearbeat.

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

Just be happy others can’t see your mf stat. Actually, I’d make the trade in a hearbeat.

This is irrelevant.

Posted by: Spooky Mulder.1524

Spooky Mulder.1524

I agree, I think you you be able to see all you stats at a glance.

Commander Minerva Vix
[CoSA]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

This would be a great addition, hopefully they’ll add it soon.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Valynaard.8475

Valynaard.8475

Well, the other stats you see there are not precise either. An example: condition duration.

It will show the total duration you’re getting from traits but it will not add the armor set bonuses to it… so even what you’re seeing on the hero panel is not the actual status most of the time.

The same goes for +x% critical chance on weapon…

I was hoping they fix this by now but ohh, well

Posted by: CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

totally agree with OP, would like to be able to see current Magic Find total (including from food) somewhere instead of having to take the time to count armor and weapons. post this in suggestions!

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Being able to see my MF would be nice. But if other people can see it they’ll start doing elitist gear-check requirements. We already have enough of that.