Why, jumping puzzles, why...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I like jumping puzzles, except for Professor Portomat’s Lab, which I can’t do because it requires a 2 hour wait (so I am told).

I’ve never heard of any such thing. I think someone was pulling your leg. Dulfy and the wiki have a guide for it, too.

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

Only jumping puzzles that annoy the kitten out of me are the ones that have a time-based component. Vanishing platforms, water sprays, etc… not really my thing. I won’t even get into Griffinrook…

other than that however… more JPs please.

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I like it a lot, it reminds me of all the great jump n runs and jump n shoot games like Super Mario, Ratched and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong and whatnot. If you are kitten at it: you can learn coordination within a 3D room and adapt, you get used to it. JPs are very appreciated and be cause you don’t like it, you are complaining? That’s like: I don’t like PvP; why is it in the game.

Come one folks, what has the gaming community come to? A bunch of whiners who can’t even adapt or aren’t willing to learn.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Derez.6510

Derez.6510

Map completion doesn’t need real jump puzzles. Some do have some jumping to get to them but not many.

What gets me is WVW poi’s and vistas got removed from world map completion. People have it to easy now.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Only jumping puzzles that annoy the kitten out of me are the ones that have a time-based component. Vanishing platforms, water sprays, etc… not really my thing. I won’t even get into Griffinrook…

other than that however… more JPs please.

I did Griffinrook once. I came out a shivering, nervous wreck. Nightmarish. Too chicken to go back in that one!

A lot of other JPs have this effect on me, but some of them have become old friends – namely the ones required for map completion. Sometimes I can run them in one, and may even soon be at the stage where I’m no longer so nervous and can offer mesmer portals on these to people who need or want them – except I tend to be even more nervous with an audience and thus more likely to fail! XD

I still get very shaky though, so there’s no free ride from me yet (and I would do portals for free)! However, I completely sympathise with people who have problems with them. All I can say is stick at them for as long as you can, then after a few errors, take a break. Keep your calm head on. Accept the fails and remember where you have failed, if possible. Think before you jump, and never feel the need to move at a great speed (doing jumps too quickly is certainly something that can contribute to a fail). And if in doubt, yes, look for a friendly mesmer!

I also remember the JP in the Eternal Battlegrounds as being something of a challenge. When I started thinking of it as stairs and long jump, short jump, short jump (or whatever it was now!), it made it a lot more bearable.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: nikotuck.7259

nikotuck.7259

I didn’t have to do any to get map completion. I still have about half the puzzles untouched and have 100%.

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Its all a matter of perception.

Go get all the lost coins in the Silverwastes, then go back to the original JP, and tell me they are still hard.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Go get all the lost coins in the Silverwastes, then go back to the original JP, and tell me they are still hard.

Can confirm. Some lost coin locations make every JP in this game seem like running across a dewy meadow.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Michael.8562

Michael.8562

Can confirm. Some lost coin locations make every JP in this game seem like running across a dewy meadow.

OMG yes, and that stinking Llama that’s on that sheer cliff. There is a rock at the bottom of that cliff with a permanent imprint of my poor character’s face on it and I still haven’t made it to that llama.