Why legendary backs and not ascended?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Why have they decided to add legendary back pieces when they haven’t even come close to adding the rest of the ascended back pieces?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_ascended_trinkets

There are only five ascended back piece choices…

The announcement should have been “We’re finally finishing ascended stats for each accessory!” Which, I would have been ecstatic about, but, no, I’ll just go ahead and get my legendary.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Why does it matter? Legendary IS Ascended and therefore by getting Legendary you’ve gotten ALL of the Ascended options, because that’s how Legendary works.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

And what makes you think that there will not have all other stats in other ascended pieces into the expansion?

if they are going to add other stats to the legendary back piece, its pretty obvisous to have on other pieces too.

(edited by MauricioCezar.2673)

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Because it’s easier to do than legendary armors.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

IIRC 500 Jewelcrafting is coming → Ascended ring crafting.

Legendaries, being the switchable BiS gear that they are, came out conceptually before ascended, too. If it’s not there at the launch of HoT, it’ll come in time.

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Legendary armor would be nice but think about runes. Seems so great to be able to swap stats until your runes don’t work with your build. If anet came out with legendary armor I’d make it for the skins not stat swapping. Replacing my strength runes everytime I felt like doing something different would be stupid expensive. At the end of the day if you don’t make a legendary for the skin it is a waste of money, because you could make multiple ascended with runes for each situation and it would cost far less gold.