Why my female avatar can't be bald ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: czechu.5471

czechu.5471

Why my female avatar can’t be bald or at least with very short hair ?

At the beginning when we create a human figure, and when centaurs attack Queensdale in the tavern appears bald woman (at least in the beginning it was) now she is wearing a helmet during the dialogue. Only human nad norn women can’t be bald.

I am planning to create a female character as a revenant which will look like a monk (with staff and Monk’s Outfit) but if the avatar is supposed to look like a monk she can’t have hair. (in my opinion)
Will be possible to change the hairstyle using the Self-Style Hair Kit in Heart of Thorns ?

Posted by: Greymelken.1892

Greymelken.1892

For the same reason your female avatar cant be chubby

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Cos it’s not sexy

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Because it’s not sexy

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: seineith.7048

seineith.7048

To everyone else that’s commenting as such in this thread, “sexy” is subjective. One person may find super long hair attractive while another person may not, so to definitively say female human & norn toons don’t have bald options because “it’s not sexy” is fairly sexist, but I digress.

Either way, I agree with you. The good news is, although it’s not entirely bald, if you buy the hair style kit, you do get access to a VERY cute pixie cut hairstyle for human females. Also you are incorrect on one fact – female norns DO have a bald option as a base character hairstyle.

Also, we DO have chubby body types. They’re definitely more muscular than CHUBBY chubby, but there is an option for both norn and human female characters that are on the thicker side.

ALSO also, OP, you might try unchecking your helmet in the Hero’s Tab, to hide her helmet until you find an armor skin that you like better.

NERDKITTEN | ICE TI
http://twitch.tv/nerdkitten

(edited by seineith.7048)

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

looking sometimes helps

Attachments:

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Chose a Norn female. There is one bald option there

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

There is also a short hairstyle option for humans in the hairkit although it’s probably not what you are looking for

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

just wear a hat

/15rogaines

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: telliani.5902

telliani.5902

Human has short hair in the makeup kit.

Attachments:

Geigi (Queen of the Dredge) – Mesmer
[HOPE] – Hope Remains, Crystal Desert

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Because in a game which prominently features homoeroticism, transexuality and inter-species romance, women without hair is a bridge too far.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Geneaux.9547

Geneaux.9547

To everyone else that’s commenting as such in this thread, “sexy” is subjective. One person may find super long hair attractive while another person may not, so to definitively say female human & norn toons don’t have bald options because “it’s not sexy” is fairly sexist, but I digress.

The point isn’t that it’s subjective. Subjectivity is irrelevant in that that Anet as power over what gets added in the game and the vast majority of males(and probably females players too) would likely play with female characters with hair, regardless of the length. The aversion for baldness being “sexist” is also presumptive, irrelevant, and insulting to males or females, given that character gender is not tied to a player’s gender IRL and/or social standing.

Also, we DO have chubby body types. They’re definitely more muscular than CHUBBY chubby, but there is an option for both norn and human female characters that are on the thicker side.

Realistically talking here, the biggest body types aren’t “chubby” at all, except one norn body type in particular. “Thick” is a better word here.

“Man this jungle in the expansion better look so good it gives me flashbacks to Nam.”
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Knights of Ares [ARES]

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

all races and gender should have a bald option, it’s not like it’s hard to model invisible hair or anything.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

The point isn’t that it’s subjective. Subjectivity is irrelevant in that that Anet as power over what gets added in the game and the vast majority of males(and probably females players too) would likely play with female characters with hair, regardless of the length. The aversion for baldness being “sexist” is also presumptive, irrelevant, and insulting to males or females, given that character gender is not tied to a player’s gender IRL and/or social standing.

^this

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

Realistically talking here, the biggest body types aren’t “chubby” at all, except one norn body type in particular. “Thick” is a better word here.

I agree that what is thought of as attractive varies quite a bit from culture to culture. In my country, short hair is normal for females. My mother has it, my aunts, my grandmothers, my age mates…. Yet when I got to the US on a student exchange program, I got strange looks and whispers of the ‘must like other women’ type. What’s normal in my country most decidedly was not over there, to the point of people making an issue out of it.

So to some extent, I also have to agree with there being a degree of sexism/wrong assumptions involved with not having all hair styles (including bald) available. And incidentally: bald looks amazing on some women. As do Mohawks and close shaves.

So why not just add more variety and let everyone make up their own minds?

Posted by: Bearer of Burden.4621

Bearer of Burden.4621

Obvious:

Q: Why cant you have a bald female avatar
A: Because it would cause clipping errors…..

Posted by: telliani.5902

telliani.5902

There aren’t any ‘chubby’ characters because our heroes walk everywhere. They fight things. They are in shape (that’s why there are some thicker shaped women, but no muffin tops). It doesn’t make any sense to have a character with that body type unless they opened up the world to play bartenders or mayors or others that aren’t running around fighting dragons.

Unless they were on the diet sumo wrestlers are, anything that would make them chubby would be burned off just by participating in the world.

Geigi (Queen of the Dredge) – Mesmer
[HOPE] – Hope Remains, Crystal Desert

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

No reason why it shouldn’t exist. Shame it doesn’t.

I have a feeling you’d be right at home with Dragon Age Inquisition. There is a part in the opening of the game where all the hair dressers get blown up. As a result, they have about 50 different styles of bald in that game…

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

Posted by: czechu.5471

czechu.5471

Chose a Norn female. There is one bald option there

Thank you for showing me this
I used only Self-Style Hair Kit on my human and I forgot the woman norn has the ability to be bald

Human has short hair in the makeup kit.

Yes they are short but I was looking for something that will look like she cut her hair

Cos it’s not sexy

Because it’s not sexy

sexy or not I just would like to play revenant who look like a monk – and majority of monks are bald

just wear a hat

/15rogaines

monk in a hat – on a desert or jungle hmm… maybe :]

(edited by czechu.5471)

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

just wear a hat

/15rogaines

monk in a hat – on a desert or jungle hmm… maybe :]

I think what Insanemaniac is inferring is that, wearing any hat removes your hair under said hat. So you would in fact be bald.

(edited by Yalora Istairiea.6287)

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

There aren’t any ‘chubby’ characters because our heroes walk everywhere. They fight things. They are in shape (that’s why there are some thicker shaped women, but no muffin tops). It doesn’t make any sense to have a character with that body type unless they opened up the world to play bartenders or mayors or others that aren’t running around fighting dragons.

Unless they were on the diet sumo wrestlers are, anything that would make them chubby would be burned off just by participating in the world.

Maybe I’m a bit harsh but some of the body types looked chubby to me…

D:

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Cos it’s not sexy

:o I think Amber Rose is pretty!

Maybe I’m a bit harsh but some of the body types looked chubby to me…

D:

I agree i think there are a couple ‘chubby’ body types for humans and for norns.

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

Here, I’m actually sporting one of the “chubby” norn body types.
In the right armours it looks more voluptous than anythign else.

Attachments:

Posted by: VanPwn.9657

VanPwn.9657

i had to make a norn to make a bald female, she’s too big for my taste, i would have rolled a human if i could

Attachments:

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Make an asura. Bald, tiny and female. What more do you need?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: dbill.7483

dbill.7483

I have a Norn Female Warrior that’s bald; I happen to like how she turned out.

Attachments:

Tootsie Popa | level 80 Guardian/Dragonhunter
[ODIN] [roam] Tarnished Coast
“The average player believes they are better than the average player”.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

There are a lot of hair styles that should be available in theory that simple aren’t. For example, males can have dreadlocks while females cannot (and this has always annoyed me). We’re subject to the designers’ tastes . /shrugs

Posted by: Torres.2890

Torres.2890

I have a Norn Female Warrior that’s bald; I happen to like how she turned out.

Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!

Baruch Bay.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Obvious:

Q: Why cant you have a bald female avatar
A: Because it would cause clipping errors…..

Not Obvious:

How the absence of hair would cause clipping errors.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

It is simply not fair! My dreams are being crushed!
Why can’t I make my bald female warrior in monk outfit called Alesia Baptiste?

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

It is simply not fair! My dreams are being crushed!
Why can’t I make my bald female warrior in monk outfit called Alesia Baptiste?

The horror… I will have nightmares tonight.

Posted by: Leming.8436

Leming.8436

For the same reason your female avatar cant be chubby

There are chubby figures for females, noone uses them though.
@OP if you want to be bald, equip any helmet with any armor without neck protector and you are good to go.

Posted by: seirensen.7583

seirensen.7583

It doesn’t makes sense either that half naked characters can have the same defense as a full dressed one, yet they have.

I often forget that I picked the supposed “chubby” body because they’re often the average size of actual humans.

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Prince Rurik decided long ago to ban the fat and hairless to the Shiverpeaks.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert