Why no elite spec testing I'm PvE?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Read the FAQ on the betas and it seems to me that the second Beta will be PvP and WvW only.

As a PvE only player who doesn’t like PvP or WvW due to anxiety I get when I even see a player from an opposing team, I’m sad as I want to test out the new elite specs but I won’t be able to do that in an area that I feel comfortable playing in.

Not to mention if the Beta characters share the WvW as the live server, then all worlds may see long queues as PvE players come in to test out the elite specs in an area with PvE gear.

So I’m wanting to know what the reason was for only limiting the elite specs to PvP and WvW.

I’ll live if it’s not changed, but I was wanting to test the new specs out to see what class my next character will be. But it’s not worth it to me to test in WvW since there won’t be enough mobs around and I’m horrible at PvP.

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

You can test everything in the PvP lobby. Against golems and other npcs if you want.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ikr.

What you can do is go to the sPvP lobby and beat up the golems and the profession NPC’s. It’s not great but you’ll get an idea of the skills and how it handles.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

I could understand PvP (because it’s a closed environment). And that might be the reason; the damage caused by any problems and bugs might not affect and impact as many players in those two modes.

PvE would create problems on a larger scale. I am just guessing, but it seems plausible. Also, they can get immediately some balancing data and feedback. There is a difference of you shooting some random NPC occasionally or when teams of players use the skills against each other in a high-stress environment.

Excelsior.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I think part of the reason is to get some beta testing done in the three main areas of the game. First weekend is the PvE beta, second is the PvP and WvW beta.

Second reason would be to keep the preview to a fairly short look. Three days is actually a lot of time to try the new area, and they don’t want people burning out on it before the expansion even goes live. Six days would be overkill.

And finally, nobody in PvP or WvW is going to be trying to unlock the elite specs, so whatever method is used won’t apply. If they did them in PvE, that might possibly be an issue, maybe? I’m not sure. But you can still just stand around in the PvP lobby and look at the options on the elite specs and think about a build you want to work towards. If nothing else, it may help me to decide what elite I’m going to work towards first.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I think part of the reason is to get some beta testing done in the three main areas of the game. First weekend is the PvE beta, second is the PvP and WvW beta.

Second reason would be to keep the preview to a fairly short look. Three days is actually a lot of time to try the new area, and they don’t want people burning out on it before the expansion even goes live. Six days would be overkill.

And finally, nobody in PvP or WvW is going to be trying to unlock the elite specs, so whatever method is used won’t apply. If they did them in PvE, that might possibly be an issue, maybe? I’m not sure. But you can still just stand around in the PvP lobby and look at the options on the elite specs and think about a build you want to work towards. If nothing else, it may help me to decide what elite I’m going to work towards first.

Why wouldnt people in WvW want to unlock elite specs?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Why wouldnt people in WvW want to unlock elite specs?

Because the current way to unlock elite specs in WvW doesn’t actually have anything to do with WvW other than gathering the currency needed.

There are no Hero Points to channel/defeat, no NPCs you need to talk to, no events that need to be done, or whatever else will be required to unlock the PoF elites. For WvW, it will likely just come down to “pay the coins, get a step unlocked” again.

Nor will anyone expect there to be such a thing there.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Because it’s obvious by now they don’t give a kitten about PvE class balance. Their class balancing has always been PvP slanted at the expense of PvE.

It’s why power reaper has been garbage the whole expansion and revenant has languished for most of it.

Posted by: Scipion.7548

Scipion.7548

I personnally don’t understand the point of a public beta test if the elite spec aren’t avaible. I don’t want story spoilers …

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Tbh I don’t even want to play the pve beta this weekend – would rather save that as a surprise for release.

I’m only interested in testing the elite specs.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I personnally don’t understand the point of a public beta test if the elite spec aren’t avaible. I don’t want story spoilers …

This is not a beta test tho. This is just a small demo.

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Grrr I woke up early for this BS. My char wouldn’t get off airship without new specializations. Back to bed.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i beg to differ

Attachments:

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

i beg to differ

The screen literally says “DEMO” at the top of it…..

Seera.5916

You can test everything in the PvP lobby. Against golems and other npcs if you want.

In PvP gear. Not PvE gear.

And not against enemies I know how easy or hard they are for me at my skill level.

It’s not the end of the world and I’ll probably end up going there to see how things look, but I can’t really do any testing that’s meaningful to me. And was just wondering if there was a reason to only do WvW and PvP for the test.

Posted by: Beorn Raukar.4328

Beorn Raukar.4328

And not against enemies I know how easy or hard they are for me at my skill level.

It’s not the end of the world and I’ll probably end up going there to see how things look, but I can’t really do any testing that’s meaningful to me. And was just wondering if there was a reason to only do WvW and PvP for the test.

You can test your PvE gear in WvW against NPCs in some places

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Well, I am! So, did I get this right? We won’t get to test the elite specs this weekend??

Edit: Okay, so apparently we won’t. How lame is that? I’m not going to log back into PoF then either this weekend. What a waste.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Posted by: Beorn Raukar.4328

Beorn Raukar.4328

Well, I am! So, did I get this right? We won’t get to test the elite specs this weekend??

Next weekend is Elite Specs demo. PvP and WvW,

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

That makes this weekend’s demo pretty useless though, no?

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I kinda agree. I’m finding myself playing my regular characters more. The raptors are fun, but… I really wanted to play with the Weaver in a safe PvE area. And no, the test golem in the PvP lobby wouldn’t make me appreciate the spec.

I don’t like WvW, and I rarely do PvP… if at all. I’m very disappointed we don’t get to play with the elite specs this week.

Though, I could understand if they made the elite specs playable NEXT week in PvE, WvW, and PvP.

However, I wouldn’t go so far as to say the beta weekend is useless. The purpose of this weekend is to explore a little of Elona and have fun with the mounts. But… I’d still liked to have played with the elite specs.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I could understand PvP (because it’s a closed environment). And that might be the reason; the damage caused by any problems and bugs might not affect and impact as many players in those two modes.

PvE would create problems on a larger scale. I am just guessing, but it seems plausible. Also, they can get immediately some balancing data and feedback. There is a difference of you shooting some random NPC occasionally or when teams of players use the skills against each other in a high-stress environment.

Excelsior.

wouldn’t it be better to find out about bugs before release? what is the point of trying to discourage finding bugs?

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Edit: Okay, so apparently we won’t. How lame is that? I’m not going to log back into PoF then either this weekend. What a waste.

I’m just going to do wvw this weekend. Want to save pof pve/story for release.

Next weekend however I’m going to spend a lot of time with the new specs.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

None of the new classes have been made with an eye to PvE. None. They’re all basically condi spec leaning with mechanics that are meant to counter other players, not an AI.

Thats my biggest gripe about this to be honest.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: hlaraujo.3210

hlaraujo.3210

Dont know why are you complaining. No one said this would be a demo of the elite specs. On the contrary, anet (and everyone else from whom I watched a youtube vid about PoF) said from the start this would be a story/map/mount only demo and that the one with the elite specs would be another weekend in pvp and wvw only. No reason to have high hopes and wait for it a whole week and get mad now.
If you dont like pvp/wvw, dont play it. The rest of the game will still be there for you. Demos are not intended for people to go there and master the new elite specs and start off when PoF launches with a pre-made meta build.
This demo is for people to get a little taste of whats to come, not to go through it all. It is also free for all players, including the ones who havent bought HoT, so its a nice “free trial” as well for those, to encourage them to buy the game.

I dont think the order of demos really matters nor the type of content we will be able to play. If you need to buy a new char slot, you’ll do it eventually, if you dont like spoilers, dont worry, the story instance does not tell you that much, if you dont like fighting other players, just go try the new elites on the npcs to get a feeling on them, not to get DPS numbers, builds and so on.
There is so much in this expansion other than elite specs that is really sad to see you guys talking about how useless this is if it doesnt include elites ????

AegisRunestone.8672

There is so much in this expansion other than elite specs that is really sad to see you guys talking about how useless this is if it doesnt include elites ????

I never said it was useless. I think it’s silly to call this demo weekend useless. We’re exploring some of the maps and playing with the raptor mounts.

I did see the stream, and I was still hoping to play the elite specs in a PvE area, as I’ve stated many many times, I have no interest in WvW or PvP.

So, I feel like I’m limited to waiting until the expansion comes out and farm hero points for my elementalists that don’t have a lot just so I can TRY the Weaver. While I main a thief, deadeye does not interest me at all. My thief is a classic assassin-hard-to-catch type who uses daggers as her way of the kill. Sniping is not her thing.

Can you understand my frustration now? I want to try the Weaver at max spec, and I do not want to play WvW and PvP to do it. We should be allowed to test the specs wherever. If Anet changed it so that next week we could test the elite specs in ALL modes (but not have Elona explorable, nor mounts), then I’d be fine with that.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Part of the purpose of a beta is to test specs. Period. This was a huge failing with the previous tests. To the point, we had one day to test druid, for example.

One.

It’s also a selling point for those of us on the fence. Again, I’d like to know if the nerfs to ranger will be worth it if the new elite is awesome.

Again, we won’t know in PvE for the time being. That’s the reason for the complaints here and elsewhere. Well . . . one of the many reasons.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

So far they advertised mounts, biggest deserts ever shipped and elite specs. Out of the 3 selling points elite specs is by far the most important and easiest to completely mess up for at least 6 months after release. Of course people will consider testing them a priority.

Seera.5916

You can test your PvE gear in WvW against NPCs in some places

And how many other PvE players will be doing the same thing?

When doing comparisons to see how something plays for you, you have to play how you play where you normally play to get the best feeling for a class or an elite spec or a build. Not play in something unfamiliar. Because then bad play may be due to not being used to how a particular mode works. Or not being the same level of comfortable because being in WvW gets me anxious in a bad way.

It’s not useless, it’s just not as helpful when deciding what your one new character should be. There are 9 new elite specs.

I’d take being stuck with just Cursed Shore, Dry Top, Southsun Cove, and Silverwastes maps to play in during the Demo.

hlaraujo.3210

I see where you all want to go and I get why you are disapponted. I wanted to play the new elites with the new story, just like hot betas. The thing is that they announced it as a demo, not as a beta. So I never got my hopes high on that and I’m ok with the waiting, its not like its going to make me waste my money. I dont use all of hot elites and I would gladly pay for the game again. Anyway, I’m going to say this again, if you want to test whichever the elite you want, you can try them next weekend without going unto a pvp match and/or getting into a zerg fest in wvw. It wont be pve, but youll sure get a taste of the new styles. I dont think it’ll be necessário to pay with currency to unlock traits and utilities, it males no sense, I think they’ll be all unlocked with new demo characters that will be wiped afete. Thats why I see no point in complaining over this. Another thing I was thinking of is that we dont use all of our hero points we get in map completion, so there are some sparing. I wonder how much more we’ll have to farm for them to complete the new elites (considering they do it in the HoT way -10ish pts for each trait/utility).
About messing up elites, people are never happy with what they have. Players still complain about core classes, its not one weekend test that will make them happy, balance updates are yet to come.

AegisRunestone.8672

I see where you all want to go and I get why you are disapponted. I wanted to play the new elites with the new story, just like hot betas. The thing is that they announced it as a demo, not as a beta. So I never got my hopes high on that and I’m ok with the waiting, its not like its going to make me waste my money. I dont use all of hot elites and I would gladly pay for the game again. Anyway, I’m going to say this again, if you want to test whichever the elite you want, you can try them next weekend without going unto a pvp match and/or getting into a zerg fest in wvw. It wont be pve, but youll sure get a taste of the new styles. I dont think it’ll be necessário to pay with currency to unlock traits and utilities, it males no sense, I think they’ll be all unlocked with new demo characters that will be wiped afete. Thats why I see no point in complaining over this. Another thing I was thinking of is that we dont use all of our hero points we get in map completion, so there are some sparing. I wonder how much more we’ll have to farm for them to complete the new elites (considering they do it in the HoT way -10ish pts for each trait/utility).
About messing up elites, people are never happy with what they have. Players still complain about core classes, its not one weekend test that will make them happy, balance updates are yet to come.

The spec I want to play; those characters have hardly any spare hero points. My eles. I main a thief and as I said, she has 160+ HP, I’m not specing deadeye because it’s not my playstyle, nor does it “feel” like my character and how I designed her. The fact that my eles are more alt characters makes this more painful. I now have to take a character, who hasn’t even gone through the PS and LS2 and HoT and LS3 to PoF? Not to mention, there would be a lot of Hero Point farming before I could even enjoy the Weaver.

I want to play with the Weaver first to see if I really enjoy it and not waste time farming HPs only to discover the spec isn’t as fun as I thought. The test golems in the PvP lobby will not give me a good idea of the spec and I’m not touching WvW. I know that’s a personal choice, but with no PvE option being given I feel limited. Both by my choice and by Anet’s choice to limit the Elite Specs to PvP playstyles next week.

Also, I’m already bored of the weekend beta. I feel like I’ve seen everything I need to see and I’m not impressed. Mounts are fun, but everything feels… dull, dead, not alive. It’s not exciting me. It would be much better if I could actually play the elite specs.

If this post doesn’t help you understand my frustration and disappointment, I don’t know what will. I doubt Anet will change this weekend to allow Elite Specs to be tested, so that’s something I have to live with. Regardless, it doesn’t lower my frustration and disappointment any further.

hlaraujo.3210

The spec I want to play; those characters have hardly any spare hero points. My eles. I main a thief and as I said, she has 160+ HP, I’m not specing deadeye because it’s not my playstyle, nor does it “feel” like my character and how I designed her. The fact that my eles are more alt characters makes this more painful. I now have to take a character, who hasn’t even gone through the PS and LS2 and HoT and LS3 to PoF? Not to mention, there would be a lot of Hero Point farming before I could even enjoy the Weaver.

I want to play with the Weaver first to see if I really enjoy it and not waste time farming HPs only to discover the spec isn’t as fun as I thought. The test golems in the PvP lobby will not give me a good idea of the spec and I’m not touching WvW. I know that’s a personal choice, but with no PvE option being given I feel limited. Both by my choice and by Anet’s choice to limit the Elite Specs to PvP playstyles next week.

Also, I’m already bored of the weekend beta. I feel like I’ve seen everything I need to see and I’m not impressed. Mounts are fun, but everything feels… dull, dead, not alive. It’s not exciting me. It would be much better if I could actually play the elite specs.

If this post doesn’t help you understand my frustration and disappointment, I don’t know what will. I doubt Anet will change this weekend to allow Elite Specs to be tested, so that’s something I have to live with. Regardless, it doesn’t lower my frustration and disappointment any further.

Got it and I have to agree with the fact that golems are not the same that pve ai. If it helps, pvp lobby has all classes npcs that will fight you back, if you’re looking for something else other than stationary mobs. Another option is to go to wvw camps, you’ll find some npcs to kill there (of course you’ll still be susceptible to get attacked by other players, but it could be something, I’ve done a few without getting hit by anyone).
But now I get what you mean, I too got satisfied with this demo, but I’m excited to get the rest of it, not just the elites, but the story, the rest of the mounts, the rest of the maps, the new kind of events, skins, weapons and armors and etc.

Seera.5916

I’m fully aware of the options to test things out in WvW, please stop telling them to me. You are not listening to my reasons why those aren’t going to make my complaints go away and that I’m not mad or incredibly upset over their decision to limit the testing to just PvP and WvW – you’re hearing me, but not listening. I wouldn’t even say I’m upset. Mild disappointment is what I would call it. Like when you get to lunch and the options are things you like, but your favorite isn’t there.

Let me put it this way: I’m NOT complaining. I’m asking why not in PvE. I can ask for a reason why a decision was made that I do not agree with without complaining about it.

I’m not running to support asking for them to take my 4000 gems away and remove PoF from my account because of it. I’m not any less enthused for the expansion pack because of it. I’m just mildly disappointed that I can’t test them out next weekend in an environment that I’m used to and feel comfortable in and wanted to know what the reason for the decision was. Because there was a reason. They didn’t leave out PvE for no reason.

I get that a demo isn’t going to show everything. I’m just wondering why they made the decision to include PvE in the areas for elite spec testing.

I accept that it’s not at all likely to change for the demo next week and I’m not even asking for them to change it. But voicing my disappointment over this decision, may affect the decision for EP #3 with regards to where we can test out the elite specs that come with that EP.

Seera.5916

Got it and I have to agree with the fact that golems are not the same that pve ai. If it helps, pvp lobby has all classes npcs that will fight you back, if you’re looking for something else other than stationary mobs. Another option is to go to wvw camps, you’ll find some npcs to kill there (of course you’ll still be susceptible to get attacked by other players, but it could be something, I’ve done a few without getting hit by anyone).
But now I get what you mean, I too got satisfied with this demo, but I’m excited to get the rest of it, not just the elites, but the story, the rest of the mounts, the rest of the maps, the new kind of events, skins, weapons and armors and etc.

The problem is, WvW maps don’t have overflows. And there aren’t that many NPC’s there to kill. And there are those of us who don’t play WvW not entirely due to personal preferences. I get really tense and anxious when I venture in WvW. It’s not fun for me to play in that condition. I don’t want to make being tense while playing the Weaver be the first impression. I did map completion on a couple of characters before WvW was removed. It took me a few months for the first one not because of color changes, but because I got too anxious and too tense and had to leave because I wasn’t having any level of fun.

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

That makes this weekend’s demo pretty useless though, no?

Not really because you still have the new mount, map, story instance, and events associated with this new map as well to play around with.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

That is an absurd comment and copout.

We don’t want answers from players who don’t know, we need a specific answer from Anet.

Please.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

atheria.2837

Oh, and someone who also suffers from crippling panic-inducing anxiety in WvW/PvP?

lol

You think being a victim of abuse for decades, years or intense torture is funny?

Wow.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

atheria.2837

PvP and WvW have been disabled in this demo mode – so what are you talking about?

We can’t see the elite at all.

Posted by: Siska.8102

Siska.8102

Personally I think the testing will be in wvw and PvP is to demonstrate to people not interested in new maps etc. that unless we buy PoF we may as well quit the game. I’m pretty sure it will be the latter for me. Sick to death of the condi spam, dealing with it and being expected to play it.

Posted by: Markus.9162

Markus.9162

To be honest that’s the reason I did not pre-order pof yet. For me elite specs are the most important thing of pof and I would really like to test them in openworld,dungeons,fractals etc. I just want to know which one fits my playstyle and which not. The pvp golems will be full of people testing and in wvw you will wait forever in the queue to get in.

Seera.5916

Personally I think the testing will be in wvw and PvP is to demonstrate to people not interested in new maps etc. that unless we buy PoF we may as well quit the game. I’m pretty sure it will be the latter for me. Sick to death of the condi spam, dealing with it and being expected to play it.

I totally get why it’s enabled to test in PvP and WvW. I’m not saying that it should be PvE only. Just wondering why not PvE as well.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Here’s something i’d generally like to know an answer to….

Why is it okay for the insiders to play a demo version that has elite specs in PvE, but the rest of us get half that ?

I’ll leave the question here, doubt it will get a response but it seems really sloppy from a dev standpoint to build 3-4 snapshots for a demo and chose the most restrictive build of your product to use as a selling point.

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

bump, I would like an answer as well.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

Oh, and someone who also suffers from crippling panic-inducing anxiety in WvW/PvP?

lol

You think being a victim of abuse for decades, years or intense torture is funny?

Wow.

yep, i do find it kinda funny. Therapy, medicine, facing your fears, meditation, lots of ways exist for people to overcome illnesses and problems like the ops, not the games duty to care to you if you can’t first help yourself. /shrug

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Seera.5916

lol

Wow.

yep, i do find it kinda funny. Therapy, medicine, facing your fears, meditation, lots of ways exist for people to overcome illnesses and problems like the ops, not the games duty to care to you if you can’t first help yourself. /shrug

I don’t think personal preference for where one wants to test out elite specs is a problem that anything you mention can solve.

And my problems with WvW aren’t bad enough to warrant any kind of medication or therapy. I don’t get full blown anxiety attacks or anywhere near that level of anxiety, but it is enough to make me uncomfortable. And I don’t know about you, but I don’t play games to feel uncomfortable.

I can gut through my problems if the end result is good enough. A legendary is good enough to get me to gut through it. I did it to get the Gift of Exploration needed for my first legendary (which didn’t get completed until after WvW was removed from that requirement) without any complaint and if you search my post history you’ll find I wasn’t one of the ones asking for it to be removed. And if I decide to go for another legendary, I will likely find it worth it to deal with my issues to get the Gift of Battle.

But for play testing elite specs? Not so much. Not even if I was on the fence on buying it. Demos/Betas are only good for first impressions of elite specs. There isn’t enough time to figure out all of the nuances to decide if you want to keep the elite spec or go back to core.

It won’t upset me if this is how they do every Demo for every future EP. PvE testing for initial map and initial story and basic mechanics. PvP and WvW for elite spec testing. I have no problem with ANet’s decision. I’m just trying to understand the why behind it.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i beg to differ

and i literally see a bug in the game that doesn’t exist outside the demo, ergo, a beta test.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

i beg to differ

and i literally see a bug in the game that doesn’t exist outside the demo, ergo, a beta test.

The existence of a bug does not make a piece of software a beta test. Otherwise every piece of software ever created would still be considered to be in beta.

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

WvW has a built-in mechanic to give you hero points, e.g. Notarized Scroll of Maguuma Heroics. PvE does not. PvE would require building in such a mechanic for what would only be 3 days of demoing.

My money is on Anet providing demo characters with enough of the PoF equivalent items to unlock their elite spec.

G R E E N E R

Seera.5916

WvW has a built-in mechanic to give you hero points, e.g. Notarized Scroll of Maguuma Heroics. PvE does not. PvE would require building in such a mechanic for what would only be 3 days of demoing.

My money is on Anet providing demo characters with enough of the PoF equivalent items to unlock their elite spec.

They give enough hero points to players to fully do HoT specs if they own HoT.

Giving enough to have PoF specs unlocked as well is not out of the question in a demo, if they are using hero points to unlock specs this time. I’ve heard rumors of it being tied to doing side quests.

Seera.5916

Fixing the forum bug

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

They give enough hero points to players to fully do HoT specs if they own HoT.

Giving enough to have PoF specs unlocked as well is not out of the question in a demo, if they are using hero points to unlock specs this time. I’ve heard rumors of it being tied to doing side quests.

Oh? I hadn’t noticed. I thought we had base level 80 characters, so enough natural HP for all core skills and traits. Last ditch guess might be that they wanted one more week to clean up the elites? shrug

I am planning on sitting in a few private PvP arenas, so I don’t have to go fighting people to test things out. I’m sure that there will be a supply of such places next weekend. Hope you get some peace and quite to play around, and don’t forget that there are “PvE” areas in WvW, like the skritt and centaurs you can go up against .

G R E E N E R