Why no extra rewards for doing 9/5 dailies?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stelli.3607

Stelli.3607

First of all, they made 9 and you can choose 5 of them so you can actually really decide yourself what kind of stuff you want to do, so if you would get rewarded if you do all of them, where is the point of that?

Second and most important, they added more of them so they can add new daily tasks that some people simply cant finish, but that does not matter because you don’t need to finish all of them.
Example: Yesterday one of those missions was to complete one story mission – what about people who has done their personal story? Create a new char and do a story mission to actually get a reward?

The system is about having a choice to do whatever you want from those 9 tasks, giving you an additional reward completely destroys it’s purpose – that way we could have kept the 5 tasks and reward players for doing 3 of them – same principle.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

giving a little bit more to those who spend a little bit more time on them would not hurt.

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

5/9 > laurel and karma
9/9 > mystic coin?

That would make those worthless coins a bit more important.

Those coins aren’t quite as worthless as you might think. They do have uses, in large quantities.

There’s just so many in the system, it doesn’t make sense anymore.

Look up on the wiki what they’re used for. The recipes call for a fair amount to be used, so I’m not actually SURE how many are still out there.

Theres loads on the TP.. Considering other items there pretty cheap aswell. 8 silver for buy instant atm.

Personally i never used them until today, in which i crafted my first mystic forge weapon. It seems like coins can be compared to skill points, you rack up loads without much use until the day you use the mystic toilet for something other than RNG poop.

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

I don’t want them to add more rewards to Dailies then what is already there.

In my opinion, they’re already putting too much emphasis on achievements.
Achievements are suppose to be after-the-fact bonuses you get while doing what you love, not the main objective.

I really hope the retroactive reward thing gives Laurels. Then people, like me, can stop stressing about Dailies and go back to playing however they liked it.
(Oh and I hope they make it so we can hide the stupid achievement tracker – Having that always in the corner is psychologically daunting on the gw2 experience…)

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Posted by: Jazzabelle.6531

Jazzabelle.6531

LOL people complained about how boring completing daily achievement quests were so Anet changed them up a bit.

So that they could accomodate a much larger portion of their players they give you 9 quests so that you can choose the 5 you would like to complete.

Did that make you happy? OMG no it didnt it gave you something else to whinge about. Just because YOU dont want to do the pvp etc doesnt mean that other players dont. WE WERE GIVEN A CHOICE TO MAKE IT MORE FUN FOR US.

The reward is there if you do the extra 4 quests you get MORE achievement points and exp.

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

i dun care.
not happy.

anet lied to us.
told us there will be extra rewards.

turns out extra rewards are just exp and achievement points.

Really? They lied? Where exactly did they promise “extra rewards”? In fact, let me quote Colin’s interview at MMORPG.com:

COLIN: The new system will allow players to specifically pick from the list of daily achievements and complete the achievements they’re most interested in to earn their daily reward. We haven’t finalized the number, but it’ll be something like “do 5 out of 9 on the list to earn your reward.” If you decide you want to do more achievements from the list, for each additional achievement you do past the fifth, you’d also earn some bonus achievement points for your account. This is totally optional though.

The achievement points are what you get, so don’t make stuff up to make your opinion seem relevant. I think if they do add a reward, which really isn’t needed, then it should be a bit of karma and/or a few coppers. Or else it will feel mandatory.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

This thread is a PRIME example why there will ALWAYS be whiners, no matter what a developer for a game does.

Ppl whined when they were forced to do 4 specific task
It got changes to rotate between random tasks
Ppl whined because some of the task given supposedly took too much time(hell some Ppl even whined about not wanting to be forced to craft 10 items…)
It got now changed to pick 5 out of a list of 9
Ppl whine they don’t get rewards at the end of all 9 done…

See the pattern?

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

See the pattern?

Yes, humans are inherently ungrateful.

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

See the pattern?

Yes, humans are inherently ungrateful.

Hmm yet another reason for me to dislike playing humans

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Really? They lied? Where exactly did they promise “extra rewards”? In fact, let me quote Colin’s interview at MMORPG.com:

COLIN: The new system will allow players to specifically pick from the list of daily achievements and complete the achievements they’re most interested in to earn their daily reward. We haven’t finalized the number, but it’ll be something like “do 5 out of 9 on the list to earn your reward.” If you decide you want to do more achievements from the list, for each additional achievement you do past the fifth, you’d also earn some bonus achievement points for your account. This is totally optional though.

The achievement points are what you get, so don’t make stuff up to make your opinion seem relevant. I think if they do add a reward, which really isn’t needed, then it should be a bit of karma and/or a few coppers. Or else it will feel mandatory.

what about guild influence?
i would be happy with extra guild influence.

5/5 – x1 mystic coin, x1 laurel, 1 – 5 silvers, chance to get x1 random gem store item

6/5 – 100 guild influence
7/5 – 200 guild influence
8/5 – 300 guild influence
9/5 – 400 guild influence

thats 1,000 guild influence for completing 9/9

not asking for too much now right?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

No, you’re not asking too much from just looking at it in and of itself.

Yes, you’re asking too much knowing the attached history to this whole Daily Achievement thing. We’ve been over this time and time again. If you offer anything people aren’t going to think you can stop at 5/9 and be done. They’re going to think you have to do all nine to be competitive.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

but its just guild influence.

thats not personal. but guild related.

surely many people will ignore that and feel not left out.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

but its just guild influence.

thats not personal. but guild related.

surely many people will ignore that and feel not left out.

Guild Influence is almost worse than Laurels for this, because now you pull in the people who are upset about the cost of Guild Missions now to complain about being “forced” to do the full Daily list.

I really think you’re just not getting it. Any tangible reward at all is going to be seen as necessary to keep up with other players and thus it is being forced on them to do all nine Daily categories.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

Extra guild influence or another laurel would be kittening great.

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

and why not

6/5 – Free legendary weapon
7/5 – 5,000 gold
8/5 – Truck of Karma (500,000 karma)
9/5 – 1,000,000 gems

No, never asking too much…

What about,

6/5 – Nothing
7/5 – Nothing
8/5 – Nothing
9/5 – Chest with 10 silver.

So when you have time to do it, you get some extra-silver to encourage you,
and if you don’t have time, you’re not too mad.

But that destroys the concept of choosing your dailies.

Instead of that you could make the other choices disappear after completing 5 dailies.
End of the story.

(edited by Keiran.1896)

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Guild Influence is almost worse than Laurels for this, because now you pull in the people who are upset about the cost of Guild Missions now to complain about being “forced” to do the full Daily list.

I really think you’re just not getting it. Any tangible reward at all is going to be seen as necessary to keep up with other players and thus it is being forced on them to do all nine Daily categories.

nah. its those people who do not get it.
no pain, no gain.

some extra guild influence for doing more than 5/5 is reasonable.