Why no gemstore updates?

Why no gemstore updates?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bababear.9630

bababear.9630

As that_shaman said, it’s been 42 days since we got a Gemstore update. I think everyone was used to getting new stuff every 1-2 weeks so I just wondered if anyone knew of a reason or had heard anything why it hadn’t been updated in such a while?

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: senki.1046

senki.1046

or at least bring back some stuff which i missed and liked to buy.
like angel/demon wings or rox quiver :P

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

As that_shaman said, it’s been 42 days since we got a Gemstore update. I think everyone was used to getting new stuff every 1-2 weeks so I just wondered if anyone knew of a reason or had heard anything why it hadn’t been updated in such a while?

We can only speculate, but doing so a few things we do know:
1: the gemstore is to create revenue between releases.
2: they are preselling HoT and it is what they prefer us to purchase
3: last weeks/months before a release are the bussiest.

So all in all I think they prefer us to purchase HoT than spend our money on the gemstore right now and also they are very bussy finishing HoT.

Personally I would like them to put up some HoT teaser stuff on it. It wouldnt limit HoT sales itself and it follows the current hype.
For example a Jade construct miniature

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Why no gemstore updates?

bababear.9630

I understand they’re “busy finishing HoT” (which we still don’t have a release date for lol) but I was under the impression there were different teams working on different things and not every single person was working on HoT. Idk how game companies work tho so I’m probably dumb :’D

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I understand they’re “busy finishing HoT” (which we still don’t have a release date for lol) but I was under the impression there were different teams working on different things and not every single person was working on HoT. Idk how game companies work tho so I’m probably dumb :’D

I believe the statement that they are able to produce content for
the regular updates.LS,etc and develop a expansion at the same time,
has gone out the window from the 200th floor and is still making it’s
way to the ground where it’ll be pulverized.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Why no gemstore updates?

bababear.9630

I believe the statement that they are able to produce content for
the regular updates.LS,etc and develop a expansion at the same time,
has gone out the window from the 200th floor and is still making it’s
way to the ground where it’ll be pulverized.

makes sense lol

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: Liisjak.4509

Liisjak.4509

Nowadays the Expansion is a pretty good excuse for everything I guess.

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: pandora.8475

pandora.8475

I was wondering why there no new gem store items a net please realase some thing so I can spent my money in your game .

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: pandora.8475

pandora.8475

Cause anet punished us for not like there ugliest outfits

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Maybe the Monk’s debacle put them on the defensive. :P
We could certainly do with a few sales, though. Bring on the sales, Gnashblade!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Semester break for the interns.

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I speculate that they are building up to a big anniversary sale and don’t want people reluctant to spend gems after recent purchases, or worse, people demanding refunds because they bought something that then went on sale. They’ve had a big sale each anniversary so far.

But yes, it’s felt very strange to have an empty Promotions tab for so long.

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have 4k gems from my purchase and nothing new to buy.

Sad Flesh Wounds are sad. ;(

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

I speculate that they are building up to a big anniversary sale and don’t want people reluctant to spend gems after recent purchases, or worse, people demanding refunds because they bought something that then went on sale. They’ve had a big sale each anniversary so far.

This makes the most sense of any response in this thread and I’d have to agree with you. With the third anniversary coming up they are probably holding on to some good stuff.

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: Akamaru.7415

Akamaru.7415

I would kill for a gem store update, especially with HoT having no release date. I only started playing about 40 days ago, game feels like a dead game. Nothing has changed since I started playing, and I imagine it feels the same way for other newbies.

Why no gemstore updates?

bababear.9630

I would kill for a gem store update, especially with HoT having no release date. I only started playing about 40 days ago, game feels like a dead game. Nothing has changed since I started playing, and I imagine it feels the same way for other newbies.

Feels like the game is dead for me too and I’ve been playing since oct 2012.

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

i log in for the dailys and to check on a few sales and to do a bit of daily crafting, then off to another game i go… Im bored with the current content, so i have chosen to play a different game until they release more. I would suggest that those who are bored do the same. It will make the void of the hype a heck of alot easier to manage as your mind is on another game.

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I would kill for a gem store update.

I have 4k gems from my purchase and nothing new to buy.

So basically we get lasso’ed in by the pre purchase, especially the Ultimate Edition, then Anet puts the gem store on a drought, starving us out just in time for the 3 year anniversary sale to come around the corner. In the mean time the gold to gem prices slide.

The moment they update the Gemstore we will pounce at anything new and purchase it. even if it was previously in the gem store and brought back at a limited time, or on sale. Seems legit.

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Oh noez no new dresses for my barbie doll

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I can think of 12 different reasons why we don’t have any content or festival updates and only a smattering of balance updates. Focus on HoT, focus on core game changes to support HoT, preparation for post-HoT living world, etc.

That doesn’t affect my opinion that someone at a high level made a strategic mistake by not devoting a bigger team to the core game. They should be releasing stuff that hints (in lore and mechanics) at the changes to come in the same way that releasing the specialization system has, so that people will not only be talking about the game, they will be actively playing it and encouraging friends to see what the fuss is already about.

Put another way, I think they put all their eggs in one basket and forgot that their veteran players are burning out instead of building hype.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I remember back in the days when people complained like mad about them doing gemstore updates and thus “wasted their time on developing stuff for the gemstore rather than playable content”.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This makes the most sense of any response in this thread and I’d have to agree with you. With the third anniversary coming up they are probably holding on to some good stuff.

Yeah, but…
The anniversary of the game isn’t until the 24th, for the early access. That’s almost 3 more weeks when the last new item was June 30th. I can see why an anniversary sale is good, but so long between new items and no new content? Looks like lost business to me. But then, sometimes I wonder about ANet’s business sense. It seems off to me.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

i log in for the dailys and to check on a few sales and to do a bit of daily crafting, then off to another game i go… Im bored with the current content, so i have chosen to play a different game until they release more. I would suggest that those who are bored do the same. It will make the void of the hype a heck of alot easier to manage as your mind is on another game.

Ye I’m too. I’ve actually didn’t do the dailies either for the last three weeks and only got the login reward. The only reason I’ve picked it up this week is cause of the beta this weekend and to have a lil bit the gameplay feel back when it starts

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: Liisjak.4509

Liisjak.4509

At least they’re selling beta weekends, the mind-tricks.

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I’m kicking myself because I bought HoT Ultimate edition but there’s nothing to buy with my 4000 gems… -_- Still hoping for an anniversary sale before I give up…….

Why no gemstore updates?

bababear.9630

I remember back in the days when people complained like mad about them doing gemstore updates and thus “wasted their time on developing stuff for the gemstore rather than playable content”.

It’s almost as if different people have different opinions and want different things, incredible.

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

I’m kicking myself because I bought HoT Ultimate edition but there’s nothing to buy with my 4000 gems… -_- Still hoping for an anniversary sale before I give up…….

Why would you worry? If you plan on playing HoT, then you’ll be around when they inevitably start updating the gem store regularly. If nothing else, you could always trade it for gold (if the exchange rate isn’t totally jacked right now).

Why no gemstore updates?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I already blew through 2000 of mine.
…eheh. >_>"
Good thing I have two free character slots, or I’d be paying for those too.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632