Why no official alert on new masteries?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sutrebor.4217

Sutrebor.4217

Not that the new Tyria Masteries aren’t much appreciated (they are!), but as sometimes happens I only found out while on a platinum farming path in Sparkfly. I read the release notes at least twice, and saw no mention of them (did I miss it?) I googled—-found nothing…finally got smart and checked the H-panel and found the new “Insight” category—-and confirmed with a lucky look at wiki.
I also see now that there is a guide on reddit…nice & thanks to the poster.
So——very happy with the masteries—-it just seems that like —-some of the current events--ley line vents- etc, they seem to fall off the “Official” radar and we end up on 3rd party sites like dulfy, reddit, WP (bless ’em all!).
Ok, I gotta go get some chees for my whine. Thanks!!
Sut

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

There is such a thing as “Easter Eggs” in games. Special things they add without telling anyone. Every game has done it since “Adventure” from Atari.

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I found out when I was at the elder wood tree farm. I was like “wait, what?”

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

What are you guys talking about? I see no new masteries on my character.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

There are at least 9 new places to get mastery points in core Tyria. I was able to get all 9 within about 20 to 30 mins.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

There are at least 9 new places to get mastery points in core Tyria. I was able to get all 9 within about 20 to 30 mins.

Either Palador knows what OP meant with the title (it’s really not that hard) and is trying to be a kitten here, or he only read the title and not the post and is confused.

It’s obvious that OP meant mastery points and not masteries, everybody who plays the game should know that.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I went on Reddit and figured it out, but at first I thought they added a new mastery line.

I’m still not sure where they’re seeing a new “Insight” category in the Hero Panel, but maybe that will pop up when I get around to claiming one.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Mastery points in core Tyria, not new masteries. Big difference.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Sutrebor.4217

Sutrebor.4217

There is such a thing as “Easter Eggs” in games. Special things they add without telling anyone. Every game has done it since “Adventure” from Atari.

Well yeh, that’s a more positive way of looking at it! I’ll take it! End result is still I now have auto-loot woot!

And yep, I DID mean Mastery Points (in Tyria-Red) rather than masteries (though there is new Ancient Magic but I digress)
On your Hero Panel—-Achievements-General-there is a new category—Mastery Insights (right below Jumping Puzzles)
Thanks for the replies! Time for Teq!
Cheers~ sut