Why not add Duel.

Why not add Duel.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Again if dueling were an option this would make a great gem store item. A “duel ticket” buy 10 for x amount of gems or even an infinite ticket. A player holding a ticket could only challenge someone else with a ticket. If they challenge someone that doesn’t have a ticket they get a message saying the person they challenged does not have a ticket. Once the duel is accepted both people spend a ticket. This would thwart duel spamming and “duel me brah” garbage.

No dueling within “x” amount of units of merchants, trading posts, banks and so forth.

This would allow people that want to duel to do so and in areas that would not affect other players. It would also keep people from duel spamming as they would need to pick their duels carefully to ensure they would only start duels with those that want to.

The Burninator

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

All the reasons people are listing that oppose dueling being added are some of the dumbest things I’ve ever read.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

All the reasons people are listing that oppose dueling being added are some of the dumbest things I’ve ever read.

And your comment is supposed to support open world dueling how?

You are not doing much for your cause with statements such as that.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

As I have not experienced Dueling in previous games, I am having a problem understanding.

• A duel is between one player(or team) and another aka Player vs. Player. Isn’t that what the PvP part of the game is all about?
  • Why should they bring the game type of PvP into PvE? Isn’t that what WvW is all about?

To me, PvE is about helping your fellow player not smiting her bones to ashes and dancing on her grave.

I guess I just see it as a conflict of the idealistic purpose of the individual game types.

As some others have said, pvp uses separate gear, alot of stuff is standardized to make it more balanced.

On the other question, what they could get from bringing dueling into pve is allowing pve players to dip their toes into pvp. When you jump into wvw for the first time it can be extremely overwhelming and brutal. Having the dueling option (maybe even make it where you don’t stomp the player, or don’t kill them, after the duel both players resume back to full health) would allow pve players to get friendly practice at pvp. I just introduced a guildie to pvp, took him into an empty pvp server and we dueled, and he freakin loved it, wants to practice but loved it. It could potentially help bridge all the game modes.

This!

In Truth, if we spent money in this product, we all should have the same experience whatever we can, comparing WvW with Tyria, ppl like pve, ppl like pvp, and if the Company can make PvP/Duels possible in Tyria Maps just for the fun for those who want pvp there, why not???

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

In Truth, if we spent money in this product, we all should have the same experience whatever we can, comparing WvW with Tyria, ppl like pve, ppl like pvp, and if the Company can make PvP/Duels possible in Tyria Maps just for the fun for those who want pvp there, why not???

So those who want it should take precedent over those who do not? Why is their “fun” more important then the fun of those who do not want it? Open world dueling is annoying. Why should my game play be made less fun so yours can be made more fun?
If you want dueling, take it to the mists. If the devs want to add instanced dueling, fine, go to it and leave the rest of us out of it. Open world dueling? Not on your life. It’s bad enough having to deal with the costume brawls, dueling would be far worse in every way.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Tibago.8276

Tibago.8276

Why not insert dueling arenas in pve, that is, specifically designated areas for dueling between players? In fact, just put one dueling arena in Lion’s Arch to begin with and see how popular it is. If it works shove more arenas around the open world.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Why not insert dueling arenas in pve, that is, specifically designated areas for dueling between players? In fact, just put one dueling arena in Lion’s Arch to begin with and see how popular it is. If it works shove more arenas around the open world.

According to the books, Lion’s Arch is supposed to have a gladiatorial arena. Add to this the obvious arena in the Black Citadel, and yes, you have two perfect places where people could duel to their hearts content. This sort of system I would be perfectly fine with. I still say keep it out of open world PvE though.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Why not add Duel.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

That’s been suggested many times before, and rejected by the duelists.
They want to duel right on top of other players, anywhere and everywhere they want.
It’s more a matter of showing off. If they can’t duel so everyone else can see how leet they are, they don’t want to duel at all.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Dueling will likely be added as long as people keep asking for it.
Just add an option to always decline duels and call it good. Hell, it even fits into the game immersion wise.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Kamikazi.5380

Kamikazi.5380

They want to duel right on top of other players, anywhere and everywhere they want.
It’s more a matter of showing off. If they can’t duel so everyone else can see how leet they are, they don’t want to duel at all.

It’s not so people can show off, it’s so people can put GW2’s great scenery to good use and duel in fantastic locations, like Mount Maelstrom or Orr. It’s a change of scenery from the long tired locations of WvW.

There’s no point in having arenas in PvE, we have arenas already in sPvP and Obsidian Sanctum. It sounds to me you just don’t want to see people doing something you don’t like, and you think it somehow persecutes you because of it. If someone were set out to annoy you, they have many tools and methods already set in game to do just that.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

It’s better than nothing, but a lot of people want to be able to duel wherever, as a way to kill time while you wait for someone or something, without having to leave the zone or dungeon.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: knack.8475

knack.8475

i think it would be a basic function that would improve the game greatly, for instance any waiting time for dungeons, fractuals, etc could be spent dueling friends and it also creates a competitive element that has been known to create interest in mmorpg’s.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Dueling will likely be added as long as people keep asking for it.
Just add an option to always decline duels and call it good. Hell, it even fits into the game immersion wise.

If this is true, I guess we will be getting mounts, and the Trilogy back, boxed Expansions pretty soon, as well as several lands from GW(One) and a myriad of other things people keep asking for.

Having designated areas for dueling is fine, anywhere and everywhere….no way.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Tibago.8276

Tibago.8276

It’s not so people can show off, it’s so people can put GW2’s great scenery to good use and duel in fantastic locations, like Mount Maelstrom or Orr. It’s a change of scenery from the long tired locations of WvW.

There’s no point in having arenas in PvE, we have arenas already in sPvP and Obsidian Sanctum. It sounds to me you just don’t want to see people doing something you don’t like, and you think it somehow persecutes you because of it. If someone were set out to annoy you, they have many tools and methods already set in game to do just that.

No, I have no objection to dueling in the open world and I don’t feel persecuted by anyone. If the suggestion is no good as a compromise (and let’s face it, few compromises are helpful), that’s fine. You could be right, this might just be an all or nothing thing.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

cuz the game is unbalanced 1vs1

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

I am ok with dueling everywhere – except near merchants, tp and the lot. The idea with a 3000 ban mile around such features sounds good, as does the one that you must have the Permanent Open World Duel Ticket in your inventory, available for 800 gems in the next item shop near you.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

1) Dueling makes both players hostile (red) so that they can be attacked by monsters and other players to calm them down if in an inappropriate place.
2) Players who lose do not enter downed state, they just turn green and regenerate health, like skillpoint NPCs.
3) Option to always decline dueling in settings (with a system message in chat panel on duel declination).

And I’m in. No tweaking, no balance, just friendly dueling during waiting or in desolate places of maps.

Or as an other method, it can simply be triggered in the same way as costume brawl works – with a dueling box/banner which makes any player who touches it attackable. And it involves far less code than costume brawl, in fact.

20 level 80s and counting.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Reckless.6325

Reckless.6325

Anet doesnt want duelling or trading because they are too mainstream and are a part of WoW. They believe anything from wow should not be in there game and that is pretty much it.

Why not add Duel.

pupi.2465

So those who want it should take precedent over those who do not? Why is their “fun” more important then the fun of those who do not want it? Open world dueling is annoying. Why should my game play be made less fun so yours can be made more fun?
If you want dueling, take it to the mists. If the devs want to add instanced dueling, fine, go to it and leave the rest of us out of it. Open world dueling? Not on your life. It’s bad enough having to deal with the costume brawls, dueling would be far worse in every way.

Your game wouldnt be affected if they make PvP Servers.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Open world dueling is annoying.

Then, if it is implemented, don’t participate in it.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

PvP servers would require a huge revamp of the code which is built around cooperative PvE. Then you’d have the issues of having two sets of similar code to maintain instead of one and the problem that any future changes would need to be tested thoroughly in both environments, slowing down the production cycle significantly. It’s not just as simply as “make a PvP server by flipping a switch”.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Why not add Duel.

pupi.2465

PvP servers would require a huge revamp of the code which is built around cooperative PvE. Then you’d have the issues of having two sets of similar code to maintain instead of one and the problem that any future changes would need to be tested thoroughly in both environments, slowing down the production cycle significantly. It’s not just as simply as “make a PvP server by flipping a switch”.

Im sorry, i thought they were a company that makes videogames, targeting gamers so this would be their job, hear their customers, i guess im mistaken then.

Why not add Duel.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Open world dueling is annoying.

Then, if it is implemented, don’t participate in it.

I suggest you go read the other threads linked earlier in this thread as you obviously have no clue what has been discussed.

Why not add Duel.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Open world duels do not = PvP servers.
Apples Vs Oranges.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Im sorry, i thought they were a company that makes videogames, targeting gamers so this would be their job, hear their customers, i guess im mistaken then.

You’re right, you’re mistaken, just not about what you think. Tesla, for example, is a car company that targets drivers looking for electric cars. They’re not going to go and create a diesel version of their vehicles because some customers like diesel… it’s simply outside their paradigm. They could, but it would require a lot of work through the entire development process, not simply “well, just put a diesel engine in instead”.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Why not add Duel.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Yes, you are obviously mistaken in many things.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Hexyn.8462

Hexyn.8462

The reason this thread keeps appearing is because a large proportion of the community would like it as a feature.

The argument posed by the ojectionists “no pvp in pve” is moot, costume brawl exists and which is a player vs player activity and ultimately brings a similar impact to the PvE enviroment.

Add the feature, allow users to ignore duel requests and everyone is happy.

————-
Piken Square

Why not add Duel.

pupi.2465

Apples Vs Oranges.

Man, you seem to be on a heavy Trip, i said that to “separate” pve ppl from pvp, i know open duels is diff from pvp servers.

And btw, you “dont have to deal with costumer brawl”, you participate it, or you ignore it, simple. As i simple dont “deal” with ascended crafting, its there, but i dont care wasting my time with it.

(edited by pupi.2465)

Why not add Duel.

pupi.2465

You’re right, you’re mistaken, just not about what you think. Tesla, for example, is a car company that targets drivers looking for electric cars. They’re not going to go and create a diesel version of their vehicles because some customers like diesel… it’s simply outside their paradigm. They could, but it would require a lot of work through the entire development process, not simply “well, just put a diesel engine in instead”.

I understand Volkon, Anet seem to have planned this since beta, otherwise they would have made a code for pvp servers too. Sadly for PvP crowd. But i get your point.

Why not add Duel.

pupi.2465

The reason this thread keeps appearing is because a large proportion of the community would like it as a feature.

The argument posed by the ojectionists “no pvp in pve” is moot, costume brawl exists and which is a player vs player activity and ultimately brings a similar impact to the PvE enviroment.

Add the feature, allow users to ignore duel requests and everyone is happy.

Lets hope Devs thinks this way.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I am all for having duels available, but only under the following conditions:

1. Dueling should only be allowed in certain areas, where there are generally no events, such as in cities. That way events do not suffer from reduced numbers of players, due to dueling. Also, if it is limited to the cities there could be dedicated areas within each city, and these areas could have interesting obstacles and mechanics to make duels more interesting. Maybe even add instanced areas in each city, with each city having a plain circular arena to fight in, with no obstacles, and a racially themed arena with various obstacles and mechanics.
2. No rewards. There should be no rewards, achievements, titles or anything to do with duels. A duel should be a pure contest between two or more players, nothing more. The moment you add any kind of gain people will do duels just for that purpose.
3. No duel activating gem store items please, just… no! Dueling should be a free, always available to all, system. The only duel related gem store items I would be happy with is private arenas. A player could buy a private arena for their home instance, where they could invite others into the arena to battle it out. There could be various types of arena, each bought seperately. There would be no need to buy them, but they would add more obstacles and mechanics not available in the city arenas. Jumping Puzzle Dueling springs to mind!
4. As already mentioned, allow players to turn off duel requests, so they can be ignored without the player even noticing they are being challenged.
5. Keep dueling out of WvW. It’s bad enough that players duel there as it is, when they really should be helping their server win the war. If dueling was added to PvE cities this would hopefully reduce the number of duels in WvW and would allow WvW focused players to take their slots instead. I have no objection to duels being available in the PvP lobby, providing measures are taken to prevent players dueling on top of players who are trying to practice vs dummys or NPC’s. Maybe a dedicated area in the lobby can be added for the purposes of dueling.

The above might sound restrictive to some, but I feel this system would allow dueling to be added without it upsetting any group of players. Hopefully everyone (or most) should be happy with a system like this.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

(edited by Rin.1046)

Why not add Duel.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Apples Vs Oranges.

Man, you seem to be on a heavy Trip, i said that to “separate” pve ppl from pvp, i know open duels is diff from pvp servers.

And btw, you “dont have to deal with costumer brawl”, you participate it, or you ignore it, simple. As i simple dont “deal” with ascended crafting, its there, but i dont care wasting my time with it.

Your the one who brought up PvP servers in a discussion on duels, so you seem to be a little confused. And I do have to deal with costume brawls. Trying to use the bank, trading post or crafting and having a couple of players decided they want to fight right on top of your position. Waiting for a boss to spawn, same thing. Dueling would be a thousand times worse. Many of us have already seen it happen in other games, and with the quality of the community here, it would be far worse.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

I think ANet takes everything too seriously. Dueling isn’t something we need an arena / special place for, or rewards or “some new system mechanics we are working on but can’t say more about that now”.

It’s playing out there in the world, meeting somebody, “Hey nice to meet you, want to do duels”, you right click on him / her, Request Duel, she/he accepts/declines it. You both bow to each other (would be a nice addition before the fight starts) while there is a countdown timer from 3, then the duel begins. One will keep standing, the other isn’t. Another nice addition would be to not “kill” your opponent, just simply win when he would get downed and help her / him up.

THAT.
SIMPLE.
Takes a day to add it to the game.

You’ve never even taken a programming class I’m willing to wager. Tell me… what happens when you and another guy are dueling and I decide to cast a chaos storm on the top of you two?

you arnt in the duel as it isnt with you. The other 2 players are able to fight without some dummys being dumb. They can add this pretty fast. As he/she said. Hit player then dual then dual starts and ends after first person goes down. No one else can come in between and you cant hit anyone else but the person you are dueling.

They have dueling in old mmos. The only reason they dont let you open world duel in pve because they want ppl to suffer the boring baby arena spvp is. Half the stats with those tiny maps.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

keep it in ether WvWvW or sPvP, PvE doesn’t include PvP period.
NO to duel.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

…The only reason they dont let you open world duel in pve because they want ppl to suffer the boring baby arena spvp is. Half the stats with those tiny maps.

It’s comments like this that really makes me wish the was a -1 button.

Fistly, that is not the reason we do not have open world dueling. Secondly, not everyone want open world dueling. Thirdly, Jon Peters was seen in in-game chat saying they want to add support for in world dueling. What this means I do not know, but I assume it means they are not completely against the idea and if they can find a way to add it without upsetting a lot of players I’m sure they will.

One thing you must realise is that not all PvE players are happy about the idea of players attacking each other in open world and potentially getting in the way. PvE is supposed to be a pure cooperative environment and dueling goes against that, especially when we have 2 thrids of the game designed around PvP. So try to look at things from the other foot. Just try to imagine doing a jumping puzzle when players are fighting each other on the platforms.

If Anet do implement dueling, which I really hope they do, I hope it will be in a way that appeals to all.

Also, please don’t assume it will be a quick and easy thing to implement. It will not. They have to consider many aspects, such as where it can be allowed (in dungeons?, fractals?, during big boss events?), what mechanics are needed (when to end the duel, on downed or on stomp?, can the players roam around or is it restricted to a duel circle?, will certain skills be restricted like in sPvP? Will you use PvP gear or PvE gear?), before they can even start on writing the code for it. Then it needs to be tested before giving it to the players. All these things take time, balancing and money. It is not easy and it will not be a quick fix.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I am OK with adding duels only on the condition that any player who uses the forums to complain about any “imbalance” in the 1v1 immediately has their account banned.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

…because a large proportion of the community would like it as a feature.

Source please.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Some people are so selfish here…..they dont like duels so we that want it cant have it?Stop making stupid excuses to justify how duels are bad.There are duels in almost every MMO so far and people never complained.If u dont want to duel then dont?is that so hard?Why do u care if other people duel or not,and dont talk nonsense how this doesnt going on same path as lore cause of aliance and blabla so people cant fight.This is not fighting,duels are training and pk is fighting.I dont like Tengu but still i dont complain cause some people want them in game cause???cause i wont play them….and thats is all.Play what u like it is that simple.Duels wont effect your gameplay at all.And duels need to be on Open World Map to get people out of LA,stacking people at same place and making rest of the world dead is never good.

Why not add Duel.

Neural.1824

… so far and people never complained.

That’s false, and you know it.

Why not add Duel.

saalle.4623

No its not Neural cause there is no reason for it?Why whouold majority of people lose duels cause of minority?All of those reasons u people saying are dumbest things i ever read in my life.Open World PVP can just improve game and Anet said that they will try to add duels and that makes me happy

Why not add Duel.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure everyone is visiting LA, because they can’t duel in the open world. If that is the case, then I would expect everyone would just move to the closest area outside of LA, and stand there waiting to/commence dueling. If the only reason people don’t visit the Open World is lack of someone to fight, I would think WvW would be a lot more populated. And if it’s only to fight each others’ friends, why again is standing in LA the only option? There is beautiful scenery outside LA; people can’t admire it unless they are dueling?

I truly do not think the lack of Open World dueling is what causes empty maps. I will say this: If there was Open World dueling everywhere but the cities, it would make me spend more time in cities, rather than the opposite.

Why not add Duel.

saalle.4623

I truly do not think the lack of Open World dueling is what causes empty maps. I will say this: If there was Open World dueling everywhere but the cities, it would make me spend more time in cities, rather than the opposite.[/quote]

Well I dont see how that makes sense.So tell me.What is so bad about duels that makes you feel better staying in ugly LA doing nothing?I hate main towns.Tyria is DEAD.No matter how much people play the game Tyria will always be dead cause people stacking at one stupid place and afk there.Duels whould at least open world a little and make it alive.

Why not add Duel.

Neural.1824

No its not Neural cause there is no reason for it?Why whouold majority of people lose duels cause of minority?All of those reasons u people saying are dumbest things i ever read in my life.Open World PVP can just improve game and Anet said that they will try to add duels and that makes me happy

You stated that in all the other MMO’s that dueling exists in, that no-one has complained. You’re pulling stats out of your backside. Prove your statement.

Why not add Duel.

saalle.4623

You stated that in all the other MMO’s that dueling exists in, that no-one has complained. You’re pulling stats out of your backside. Prove your statement.

I dont need to prove anything since u cant prove me that people here dont want duels.Im talking about games that i played and never herd complains on duels.everything u people say are selfish and makes no sense but whatever i wont bother.I can understand people that whine about lack of some content but people that whine about having some normal content its just…..pffff.The fact is that on latest live interwiev Anet said that they will try to add duels in game,if you want prof then go and check youtube.Im done with this,i will wait for my duels

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

Here’s one good reason why I hope dueling is never in the open world.

I played WoW, and they had the duel system. And in certain areas of the game, you would be spammed repeatedly to duel. You’d decline, and it would almost instantly reappear. And if you continued to decline, you’d wind up with a ton of colorful whispers about your playing ability, your mother, your sexual orientation, etc.

No thank you. I’ll pass.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

If you don’t mind me asking, why is open world dueling so annoying? not trying to start drama, just genuinely curious.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Why not add Duel.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, saalle, I am sorry to hear you don’t like cities, and it makes you emotional to speak about them. Though, that isn’t really a valid reason to make up stories. I’m not one of those people that stands around in LA ‘doing nothing’ as you have described. I do visit LA, as it is a hub to other maps, and my low-level characters have no real choice, but to use it to visit said maps. As for my dislike of PvP, that is how I personally feel. I don’t have to justify it to you. You enjoy PvP, and that’s fine. I feel no need to call it stupid or senseless.

Best of luck in your crusade. =)

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The game is not balanced with 1v1 in mind it made for teams. So if they did add in duel one to two classes will be the best and that is what happens in the wvw dueling.

So I have to transfer to a different server to duel my friend? Forget that. Just give us the option, and let that be that. Also a nice way to quickly test WvW builds, by being able to duel your friends, and they give you accurate feedback.

Or spvp to test idea builds. If your testing a wvw build on one person your already have a major flaw in your test for a wvw build and make show that the build your testing is unusable in a wvw setting.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: OreoWolf.9564

OreoWolf.9564

Duelling (the way I look at is) is not to show supremecy over another, but to pass time while waiting for something to occur. I myself would love an option to have friendly duels with people while waiting in boss windows such as tequatl or jormag.

Of course, one may argue to go to spvp to duel, but do you honestly pop out of sparkfly main or any other map with a possible overflow just to pass time? I play tpvp to practice team fighting, not to make a past time more inaccessible. But hey, that’s just my view of the coin ^^.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

There’s plenty of open world dueling, it is called WvW.
If that form of it doesn’t stand well with you then place your complaints there.
Or at least ask for it in the sPvP area, where it would probably do some good.

Some folks in various threads like this have made the claim it would bring back people into the PvE maps. If that were the case ANet should really put the duel system in the Mists because there’s been constant wailing that sPvP is boring.

PvP belongs in the Mist, plain and simple. PvE needs a stronger story, interesting dynamics, and various other polish to some dungeons.

Back in GW1 times it was the Battle isles, which was separated from the PvE elements.
Yes other games might have this in their titles, but GW2 is not them.
It is GW2 and it should do what it wants instead of following other games.

Should I wish for skiing jet pack battle armor since Tribes has it?
Or ask for the Meld from Firefall? Pandas as a playable race?
No, because that’s not GW2.

If you miss the days of open PvP and can find titles that do such a mechanic go play them for a while. Bringing it to the open map will not guarantee it stop folks from camping Lion’s Arch.

The PvE map is for cooperation on missions and playing out storylines, the Mists is where people should go to bash one another’s heads in.
As stated earlier in my post, if any place needs dueling it would be the Mists because playing capture point game mode time and time again is boring.

Yes Costume Brawl exists and it is mostly played in the cities (LA the prime example) in at least my server. I’ve rarely seen anyone use it in PvE. No doubt they would fear someone troll them by dragging mobs to their area.
So if they are in PvE and try to Costume Brawl, chances are they would be in a remote area. We might as well keep them in a safe remote area like the Mists so their PvP experience isn’t interrupted.

Another point to address, “It’s simply change this code…” No chances are the coding isn’t a simple manner. If it were why wasn’t it added already? They have bigger issues to handle and if that were to ever occur it would have to wait.

tldr version PvP folks need the Mists cleaned/improved upon. PvE just need better story and rewards to drag folks out into maps. Combining the two doesn’t make sense when technically we have two game modes and a “middle ground”.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!