Why not even 1 event since HoT announced?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SixxxZ.4317

SixxxZ.4317

Ok I understand everyone must be working on HoT, but also I dont understand
why havent they brough back a past event like SAB or Bazaar of the Four Winds (again), Queen’s Jubilee, Clockwork Chaos, Tower of Nightmares, Escape from Lion’s Arch

My point is they have already coded these into the game once and could have a thing where we can play them again while we wait for HoT like they did with Bazaar of the Four Winds in the past, and it wouldnt take much time either. There has been nothing exciting or any amazing skins released for months and its really boring making me not want to play. I just dont see why they cant add some of the old skins back because I think a lot of people play this game for cosmetics and skins along with the other reasons plus a event where we can enjoy and save up gold and skins while we wait for HoT would make it easier for new people to get geared up before HoT, I think we would enjoy HoT more if we had some of the old skins to make our characters look cool to add onto our character on top of the new cool stuff from HoT, because the cool skins on trading post are 500-2000g and its hard to save up that much espically a PvPer like myself. I hope they add some of the old skins back and maby an event so we have something to do while we wait for HoT. Thank you

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Well, in the case of SAB, it’s broken and won’t be back until they can dedicate people to fixing it (which won’t be until they’re done releasing/taking care of HOT). And the Bazaar of the Four Winds relied heavily on the Zephyrites, and their home ship was destroyed (and, I think, everyone who is still alive is stranded in Dry Top). As for any other old content, they can’t just press a button and put it back in, especially in the case of the big world events from over a year ago. And, again, they have everyone working on HOT right now, so fixing up old events to replay before then probably isn’t going to be on the To Do List.

That being said, I’m also desperate for SOMETHING to do. But I"m not hopeful for anything.

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

What are you talking about?

We have this super amazing gemstore sale going on right now to celebrate the anniversary of GW2! During this special event, there are new rewards every day for you to claim!

Don’t hesitate! Much like SAB, this limited edition content won’t be around for long!

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

Posted by: Tyrannical.9348

Tyrannical.9348

Can’t summon the will to go into depth so here’s all you need to know in note form;
- You can still play those events, go buy them, they are on sale.
- Timed exclusive skins are, as it says, timed exclusive. Of course they’re overpriced
- Putting old skins back into circulation will crash the market.
- There’s nothing to celebrate during the summer, so don’t count on seasonal events
- HoT takes priority, it will undoubtedly come with more skins, both sets and uniques.
- They will eventually add Season 1 of living story back into the game, be patient.
- There’s been plenty of good looking skins released over the months; Scientific, Shadow, Dwayna…
- PvPers can still make money, and you are not restricted to PvP as a method of income generation.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Can’t summon the will to go into depth so here’s all you need to know in note form;

No, they’re not. The events OP mentioned were all Season 1 things, with the exception of the Bazaar of the Four Winds/Queen’s Pavilion which were done during the summer last year and the year before.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Ok I understand everyone must be working on HoT, but also I dont understand
why havent they brough back a past event like SAB or Bazaar of the Four Winds (again), Queen’s Jubilee, Clockwork Chaos, Tower of Nightmares, Escape from Lion’s Arch

SAB – They’ve stated that they will not be able to do this because the physics engine changed from when it was last released and they can’t spare the people to work on it.

Bazaar of Four Winds – Go to Drytop and you’ll see why this will not happen anytime soon.

Queen’s Jubilee – Always a possibility.

Clockwork Chaos – Living Story Season 1. So no. Scarlet is also dead.

Tower of Nightmares – Living Story Season 1. So no. It also kind of blew up….

Escape from Lion’s Arch – Living Story Season 1. LA was recently rebuilt. Scarlet is also dead.

My point is they have already coded these into the game once and could have a thing where we can play them again while we wait for HoT like they did with Bazaar of the Four Winds in the past, and it wouldnt take much time either. There has been nothing exciting or any amazing skins released for months and its really boring making me not want to play. I just dont see why they cant add some of the old skins back because I think a lot of people play this game for cosmetics and skins along with the other reasons plus a event where we can enjoy and save up gold and skins while we wait for HoT would make it easier for new people to get geared up before HoT, I think we would enjoy HoT more if we had some of the old skins to make our characters look cool to add onto our character on top of the new cool stuff from HoT, because the cool skins on trading post are 500-2000g and its hard to save up that much espically a PvPer like myself. I hope they add some of the old skins back and maby an event so we have something to do while we wait for HoT. Thank you

So the point of your post is less about having content to replay between now and HoT but a disguised thread about getting previous, exclusive skins?

Posted by: Tyrannical.9348

Tyrannical.9348

No, they’re not. The events OP mentioned were all Season 1 things, with the exception of the Bazaar of the Four Winds/Queen’s Pavilion which were done during the summer last year and the year before.

“- They will eventually add Season 1 of living story back into the game, be patient.”

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

I think a good way compensate the lack of updates is giving Season1 for free.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I think a good way compensate the lack of updates is giving Season1 for free.

Yea now when they gone over to expansion model I really hope the seasons from here on will be free forever, instead of only the 2 weeks they were new.

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Cos skins in the Gemstore and more!!!!!!

Posted by: Momo strangers.5106

Momo strangers.5106

TBH i joined this game this month and i like to see the Zodiac outfit in the store again

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

What about Dragon Bash?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The Lunar New Year’s (February) happened after the expac was announced; the expansion was announced in January.

ANet decided that they would focus all their attention on the expac. That probably seemed like a great idea at the time. I think it was a tactical error, since they could have been actively hyping the expac from within the game by including hints for the story line, introducing concepts and characters during festivals, and giving people a reason to return to the game regularly (making them more likely to purchase the expac).

However, much as I would like to see events and festivals and well, anything new, it would be a bigger mistake for them to try to change direction at this point. Their choices are to release the game later or with few features, in order to free up staff. It takes a lot of lead time to gear up for certain events — as long as 12 months or more for some things — and it takes resources to follow-up and nurture the event (fixing bugs, offering customer service, etc). I just don’t see how they could pull it off.

tl;dr they decided a long time ago (probably in 2014) that they would interrupt our regular updates in favor of doing an expac. Now, we just have to wait and see if it was worth it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

I guess its kinda tricky right now. They cant do any living story like releases cause the story leads directly into HoT not to mention it takes approx 4 months of work to get one in place so not exactly feasable

Most of other festivals dont fit for the reasons already stated. The pavilion is probably the only thing that fits but we dont know how much work it is for them to enable it exactly as it was and story wise it would be wierd we’re playing around while the pact fleet is burning too.

What I am doing personally in this content drought is leveling a few sylvari alts to max level the old fashion way. fills the time and hopefully it will be interesting to play them in HoT’s personal story with the whole modremoth thing.

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

- SAB : they are working on it in the background, will prolly make it available when a new chapter is done
-Bazaar of the Four Winds (again): The zephyrites are in the dry top, trying to pick up the pieces of their airships
-Queen’s Jubilee: its a event that celebrated the queens 10th anni of her rule…we cant have that every 3 years…
-Clockwork Chao: SPOILERS——→ Scarlet is dead
-Tower of Nightmares: it has been destroyed
-Escape from Lion’s Arch: lions arch has been rebuilt….

What part of “living story” and “living world” dont you understand?

Also, they did have some “events” going on since the announcement.
Lunar festival, the rebuilding of LA, spvp and wvw events and some others

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

I’m excited about HoT and want the devs to do it right. Their focus should be there. But I’m fairly new to GW2 and I have never been in any events. Kinda feel I’m missing out. Just saying.

I also post on guildwars2guru.