Why not have a mount and more armour stats?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sKiiTs.6589

sKiiTs.6589

Hello my GW2 fans…
So, after playing a lot of GW2, I have been loving it… more than any game in about 7 years.
But, I do wander sometimes, why don’t we have ground mounts? I just figure, with mounts and with teleporting… getting around cities and areas would be made soo much easier. I’m not talking 120% faster flying rubbish, I just mean like a %40 boost, just when you want to move around areas. I mean.. it wouldn’t hurt.. would it?

Also, my second and final question, is why isn’t there more stats on armour / weapons? Once again, could it hurt?
Agility, Strength, Intellect, Stamina, Spirit, e.c.t.
It would make acquiring armour for me, personally more exciting.

Just two thoughts lads, I don’t want to start a huge hate fest on me, just like you guys I’m just a guy who plays and is thoroughly enjoying GW2.
Thanks all!

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

We have waypoints and gates, why would we need mounts? Getting around cities easier? It’s already free to use the waypoints if you’re in the city already…..

agility = precision
strength = power
intellect = power
stamina = vitality
spirit = ???

The thing about the stats we have, is they are not named deceptively. Power is as good for warriors as it is for elementalists. If you changed it to “Strength”, everyone would wonder why the clothy mage had a lot of strength, when they were supposed to be focusing on Intellect? They both accomplish the same thing after all.

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

this game just released. Wait for more armor stats to come out, mounts, I think ANet is still looking into that.

And btw, Blizzard did not invent diverse armor stats and mounts.

Posted by: darkoracle.6483

darkoracle.6483

+power increases dps on all your skills, except summon skills like Necro minions, engineer turrets etc, why they don’t I really dont understand. WTB Scaling plox

Posted by: Cousland.2187

Cousland.2187

First of all, this game isn’t designed at all for mounts. Instead there’s waypoints that enables you to instantly travel from a to b and there’s also speed boons that some professions can cast on nearby allies. By adding mounts into the game would only make speed boons obsolete.

Secondly, how stats are for the armor is perfectly fine as it is. If you’ve played Diablo 3 or World of Warcraft, then I’m sure you’d already know how much random armor pieces you get with useless stats on them. In Guild Wars 2, you don’t have that problem.

Posted by: darkoracle.6483

darkoracle.6483

Mounts would be cool but doubt they will add them, if nothing else a price drop on using the ports would be a BIG help. Rip off at higher levels imo

Posted by: Yujiza.1026

Yujiza.1026

Hey!

To get the easy question out of the way; the person who posted a few above sums it up.

We don’t really need Spirit because there’s no mana so to speak. There are traits (talents) that can lower the cooldown or recharge times.

As for the mounts thing, at times I feel they’d be a nice addition, but that’s because what I’m used to. I’m not going to name other games, but I feel mounts aren’t necessary on this game for how the leveling (questing?) process works. What we’re used to is a large amount of running back and forth in huge vast zones with nothing but monsters between our goals to finish. This game, you just move from place to place and talking to NPCs on your own volition.

A quick fix would be grabbing some movement increase abilities until you knew you’d be in one hell of a fight!

SUGGESTION:

When you have city clothing on, because your armor would be lighter (figuratively), you have a higher moment speed. Add a customizable keybind so players can switch between with ease.

This idea is pushing it but allow city clothing for anywhere in the world and players have to choose between speed, or survivability. Just a thought.

Yujiza Jacooza, jovial HD Broadcaster!
http://www.twitch.tv/yujiza

(edited by Yujiza.1026)

Posted by: Dedish.7923

Dedish.7923

Mounts would be awesome, I would much rather travel on a mount from zone to zone to quest seeing as how we are forced to zone hop while leveling than dropping 2 silver everytime I use a way point.

Life sucks wear a helmet

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Mounts would be cool but doubt they will add them, if nothing else a price drop on using the ports would be a BIG help. Rip off at higher levels imo

Yes… I would either like to see mounts or a price drop on ports. At higher levels if you’re right next to a port it costs like 70 copper to use it… and porting cross-map can cost like 3 silver…

Posted by: Moderator

Suggestions are being collected in this thread Please consider posting there so that developers can find suggestions more easily instead of having a lot of places in which to look. Thank you.