Why not have server Latin American?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Moska.9015

Moska.9015

I play guild wars for almost 3 years and realized that there are many Latin Americans who play too, so I do not understand why ArenaNet does not open a Latin server to decrease the lag ! It is unfair sPvP play with 240 ping ! We Latin Americans we would be very happy with a server near us, to play with -100 ping ! So please if someone can explain to me why we have not one server own ! I would appreciate it !

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Same as why africans and austrailians cant have a server they have to open 3 so you could wvw aswell bud.

Posted by: El Psy Congroo.7965

El Psy Congroo.7965

Same as why africans and austrailians cant have a server they have to open 3 so you could wvw aswell bud.

Not really, it could be considered an “American” server and play against other North American servers. It wouldn’t be that different than Baruch on EU (Spanish Server).

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

WoW took 5 years to make latin servers, so give’em time i guess.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Not really, it could be considered an “American” server and play against other North American servers. It wouldn’t be that different than Baruch on EU (Spanish Server).

No, it couldn’t. Because of the megaservers system the only way to have it separate is to have a separate data center, like NA and EU. The data is stored separately on each server’s data center and just like NA and EU can’t play together, a Latin American set of servers would be isolated from those 2 groups.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Spanish server is in the same location of all the EU servers and will have the same ping as them.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yea so you expect to get good ping while still spvping and wvw against the same servers you do now.
Explain to me how mate?

Moska.9015

From what I understand , that has the Latin American server it would have to be isolated from the NA and EU , to and would be a very large investment with risk of Causing injury . In my opinion there is a very large public Latin American That Could give account of an own server , Especially with the hype of an opening of a closer server nodes , this would Attract many other players .

Moska.9015

Now , how to call the attention of ArenaNet and ask for a definite answer if there is any chance of having a own server?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Latin America will get a server at the same time that Australia and Africa get one. Both of them have asked for ANet to install a server worth $$$$ so you’re in line.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Moska.9015

Latin America will get a server at the same time that Australia and Africa get one. Both of them have asked for ANet to install a server worth $$$$ so you’re in line.

Thanks !!!

Posted by: Amenaza.8346

Amenaza.8346

Yea so you expect to get good ping while still spvping and wvw against the same servers you do now.
Explain to me how mate?

FSP
[echo]
I do not speak in the name of my guild

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You do understand that if Latin America were to get its own server, you would be locked out of WvW, yes?

If ArenaNet were to consider making even 3 servers for Latin America, you would be pitted against the 2 same servers always. I believe players lament having to play against the same 2 servers, repeatedly.

To make a Latin America data center viable, there would need to be enough players to populate 6 servers, just to avoid the above noted issues. I’m not sure there are enough players in areas such as Latin America, Australia, or Africa to populate 6 servers each.

Still, good luck.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

It boils down to cost . They would have to set up a whole new mega server meaning there would have to be a large enough population in S. America who plays GW 2 to justify the costs which would be a hard argument to make .