Why rewards are so unsatisfying?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

I just realized that…

It’s hard to say that there are no rewards in this game… You are rewarded for whatever you do. So why it’s so unsatisfying when you are playing the game? I wonder…
There was only few times when I really felt rewarded. And it was a long time ago. When? When I really needed the rewards! Yup… That’s mine conclusion. Almost every reward in this game is hollow. They just don’t serve any purpose. You don’t need them to kill some epic monster. You just collect them for the pure sake of collecting.

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

When everything is special, nothing is special.

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

Because the real reward was fun content like jumping puzzles or Super Adventure Box. Not a free backpiece from gaining a level.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

Because the real reward was fun content like jumping puzzles or Super Adventure Box. Not a free backpiece from gaining a level.

^
Earning it was what made it worth aiming for.
Some of the skins were sometimes my motivation in LS even if I wasn’t always into one or two LS patches.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

@ Sokia—- fun for you—not for all. As for SAB—no place in an MMO.

(edited by Blude.6812)

ReV.6097

^ fun for you—not for all. As for SAB—no place in an MMO.

Like I said, earning it even if the patch was not fun for everyone, is good for the challenge, and not everything needs to be done. I didn’t personally do all AP points for things I didn’t find fun either. They often made earning the skins rather easy, as opposed to other AP related targets in the LivingStorys.

Yeah not everyone enjoys SAB, and will probably skip it just the way I skipped the Dragon Bash. I always thought it would make more sense to keep SAB in game permanently, and just tweek it every few months a little. 2 zones left to make in SAB, but there is more possibilities to add to it than just the zones.

And you are completely right, it has no place in the games Lore or LS, but it is still rather enjoyable for many to the point that people are willing to return to the game to play it.

Legacy of Kain:

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

^ fun for you—not for all. As for SAB—no place in an MMO.

Like I said, earning it even if the patch was not fun for everyone, is good for the challenge, and not everything needs to be done. I didn’t personally do all AP points for things I didn’t find fun either. They often made earning the skins rather easy, as opposed to other AP related targets in the LivingStorys.

Yeah not everyone enjoys SAB, and will probably skip it just the way I skipped the Dragon Bash. I always thought it would make more sense to keep SAB in game permanently, and just tweek it every few months a little. 2 zones left to make in SAB, but there is more possibilities to add to it than just the zones.

And you are completely right, it has no place in the games Lore or LS, but it is still rather enjoyable for many to the point that people are willing to return to the game to play it.

LOL——- My ^ was for sokia, your post was added as I was typing—-so I edited.

ReV.6097

LOL——- My ^ was for sokia, your post was added as I was typing—-so I edited.

Ah, sorry. xD

Legacy of Kain:

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

@ Sokia—- fun for you—not for all. As for SAB—no place in an MMO.

My point was that Arenanet should have focused on adding content rather than just moving current content to higher levels. I don’t care if you like SAB or jumping puzzles, but they are things to do just like WvW is something to do just like dungeons are something to do just like map exploration is something to do just like PvP is something to do. People have been calling for more content in these areas, and instead Arenanet just gates low-level content to higher levels.