Why ruin your game Anet?

Why ruin your game Anet?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daour.1437

Daour.1437

In most of the MMO’s I played before, I saw bad games were Dev’s trying to fix them, for the first time in my life I see a good game were the Dev’s are trying so hard to ruin it.
DR system is a joke, FFXIV had the same system but for exp, the more you play the less exp you get.

The game was awesome at the start, people were having fun, I even called my friends and convinced them to buy GW2 and try it.

Now, it’s more than awful, dungeons are more bugged, can’t be done with a PUG, and rewords are a joke, no players at mid level to do events with, Orr getting ugly with the same events, no harts.

Anet, you’re the first company in the history of MMO world to build a very good game from the start and one month later ruins it.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Heh I know the feeling, DR system getting me down -.- took my fun away

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: CrystalKnight.3619

CrystalKnight.3619

10 years ago runescape used to be good and went down hill. DR isn’t bad for people who actually PLAY. bots run 24 hours in 1 zone. real players can zone out/relog

wvw for example. play 2 hours or how long it takes to hit a DR. leave wvw and come back, badge drops seem to be fine then.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

It’s a cop out for the way pve zones are designed. Impersonal zerg scavenger hunts plodding across generic maps. They do this to try and funnel people to other places, but it’s just a control gimmick. Another way ArenaNet limits the options and depth of player experience.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Daour.1437

Daour.1437

if you force players to do something they dont want to do, they dont just stop doing it, they leave the game.

you cant control players, i want to spend my 2-3 hours a day playing wvw, then leave me doing it, dont tell me what to do, i payed for the game to play it the way i want, not the way they want.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: DirtyHoudini.2917

DirtyHoudini.2917

Yea, me and my friend were playing, he quit before I did. I at least wanted to get max level before I could give my final judgement

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: CrystalKnight.3619

CrystalKnight.3619

no one said leave and not comeback you zone out of wvw for a minute and return.

and actions affect other players. “i do w.e i like even if it breaks the economy” isn’t the way to play any game. There has to be limits to keep a game steady.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

ANet’s ruining the game? Sorry, haven’t noticed. Maybe it’s because I’m not masochist enough to consider farming fun, or essential, or find whatever pleasure in it that you guys seem to.

I guess neither do they.

Also, dungeons are hard. If you try to run with a PUG of bads, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: CF Skyy.4082

CF Skyy.4082

White knights, white knights everywhere.

Guess what? When I get home from a day of work, I just want to log on and zone out for awhile, not really think about anything. But I can’t do that because within 20 minutes of running DE’s in Orr, or farming trolls or whatever farming I want to do, the game essentially says “you can’t do this anymore. do something else.” I don’t want to do something else besides what I was doing at that very moment…that’s WHY I was doing it.

Yeah they already got my money, so it doesn’t matter, but if the game keeps telling people to do something else, eventually they will by going and playing another game. Well played ANet.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Geemo.6018

Geemo.6018

Anet is trying to force people to buy gems. I fully understand that. Hey Anet, how about you come with some good cash shop items (current cash shop items are beyond lame) that will make players want to purchase gems instead of lame tactics like DR?

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

no one said leave and not comeback you zone out of wvw for a minute and return.

and actions affect other players. “i do w.e i like even if it breaks the economy” isn’t the way to play any game. There has to be limits to keep a game steady.

That does not fix the DR mechanism, I’ve tried it.

The economy is already broken. There are very few items that are worth more than NPC price. I vendor all blues and greens, they aren’t worth anything to anyone.

In Orr I can do the events at pertinent 2 times each before hitting the loot DR. That means I can play for 30minutes. I can do the temple of grenth 1 time before hitting DR. That’s ~15 minutes, faster if we fail on stage 2. I was hitting the karma/xp DR while leveling. This system is crippling REAL players.

This is just the same thing that Blizzard did with Diablo 3. They forcefully limit how and when players can get loot to stop bots, it never goes well for the regular players. I propose a new system! When reported for botting enough times then the DR system can kick in. OR even better yet, when reported enough times for botting a GM shows up, checks, and bans them. If I had GM powers I could clear the entire endgame zones of bots in about 30 minutes.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Anet is not ruining the game nor are they trying to force you to buy gems.

(have you seen the conversion from gems to gold?)- It is clearly intended for you to buy gems with in-game gold not cash

What they are trying to do is to protect the game and players who enjoy the game from being ruined by the few who jump on every new exploit band wagon-
A lot of these measures where put in place because a few people thought they were being clever and could get a quick profit.
Blame them, not Anet.
Go on call me a white knight- I love the game.
Oh and btw Dungeons are entirely possible with PUGs. Either you like them or you don’t

Gunnar’s Hold

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Apos.5184

Apos.5184

Actually, I’m having a tough time as well on getting to explain to my friends, who bought the game because I tried it first and fascinated with, about the diminishing returns…for now I’m just letting them enjoy the leveling experience…

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Go on call me a white knight- I love the game.

How dare you. Forums clearly only exist for people to go on and on for pages about how much they hate the game, not for people who… ugh… like it.

Seriously, it’s amazing that people actually think like that.

All kidding aside, it’s nice to see some people that get it.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

Now, it’s more than awful, dungeons are more bugged, can’t be done with a PUG

It took me 5 minutes to get the pug together at 3:00 in the middle of the night a few days ago , we totally wiped on the first 2 mobs that we encountered , we adjusted ….our pug completed the dungeon.

Now tell me again how it is not possible.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Lani.1429

Lani.1429

Haha bragging about bad rewards? Learn to use Magic find, newcomer.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

These DR systems are utter insults. If you think it should be there and your only reasoning is that you believe “farming” is bad, then don’t throw your opinion in. Let the people who are affected by it speak. But even then it changes everybody’s loot. I finished my first events in Orr and I got next to nothing thanks to DR… first event. Why did Anet create items that require a TON of karma to get and then just slap us all with DR so we have to spend months to get our first set of exotic… They encourage grinding and they discourage grinding. And don’t even defend it with “get rid of exploiters” because that is the saddest excuse for lazy developers. How about…. you…. wait for it….. FIX THE EXPLOIT. And if you have a problem with people having to farm to do anything in your game then…. you…. wait for it…… get rid of the grind! The farmers/exploiters who are farming for gold or w/e is “messing up” the game aren’t even effected by this because they can just bot through it, but legitimate players are getting punished for this. I cannot believe the complete 180 that this company has made since pre-release. I thought they actually cared about their customers…. but I should have realized that once they had our money they would just quit on us.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: nachdenki.2637

nachdenki.2637

First of all, it was said that the DR system is currently bugged and will be fixed.

Secondly, and I know this will generate a lot of hate, I have to say that all the hardcore farmers who say that this is their playstyle are wrong. Why? Because extraordinary amounts of farming simply hurt the game economy and therefore all other players and is therefore not acceptable. Farming is okay, and the current DR system is too strict (or bugged, whatever), but farming day in and day out is not okay and people just have to accept that this is not the only thing that should be done in a game, because a game economy cannot exist if too many money and items are created all the time and there HAVE to be measures to prevent this.

I agree fully, though, that these measures should not affect normal gameplay.

oh and btw, stop being such drama queens. “but I should have realized that once they had our money they would just quit on us.” … seriously? This adds nothing constructive, is purely speculative and has no content whatsoever for the discussion. Not everything is the end of the world.

(edited by nachdenki.2637)

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I heard magic find was tested by people having very high magic find and it was found to be almost useless.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I heard magic find was tested by people having very high magic find and it was found to be almost useless.

Apparently the DR system is a bit buggy, also I’m pretty sure the game doesn’t give you any hard numbers for magic find so estimating if you have high magic find can be difficult.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: datus.4187

datus.4187

Is there anywhere that actually outlines how the DR system works, or if it exists at all? Drop rates do indeed suck, and it ruined crafting for me completely, however, I’m not going to go on about a DR system unless someone can prove to me it actually exists. I would appreciate it, thanks.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Menelik.8634

Menelik.8634

I have full pirate gear and I got 3 times the number of rares than the person I was partied with farming at Orr for about 2 hours.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Apos.5184

Apos.5184

I have full pirate gear and I got 3 times the number of rares than the person I was partied with farming at Orr for about 2 hours.

Ye…do you know how chances work?

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Menelik.8634

Menelik.8634

Ye…do you know how chances work?

Going to take a guess here so don’t quote me on this. I think whenever there a gear drop it’s chances of it being blue, green or yellow increases. The keyword is gear drop. Taking into account craft items and junk items I don’t think magic find increases gear drop rates.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: sainguine.2870

sainguine.2870

one time i had some cool stuffs drop and i was like"oh man thats cool",i have to take out the garbage,ill b back guys

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Pict.5472

Pict.5472

Was this DR system in during beta ?

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Gohlar.3671

Gohlar.3671

It’s a cop out for the way pve zones are designed. Impersonal zerg scavenger hunts plodding across generic maps. They do this to try and funnel people to other places, but it’s just a control gimmick. Another way ArenaNet limits the options and depth of player experience.

This puts into words why this game is weak perfectly. Seriously, this is one of the best posts I’ve read. There is so little depth to GW2, a major step backwards for the series.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Zenith.1234

Zenith.1234

I LOL-IRL at this thread.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

I don’t have any objection at all to people doing the same thing again and again and again and again in order to get into a pleasant trance state (e.g. to unwind after work). I do that myself sometimes.

What I do find peculiar is when people expect to be well rewarded for that style of gameplay.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

lothefallen.7081:

As opposed to the totally personable exclamation mark quest system where you skip the quest dialogue anyway, just click accept then blindly follow the quest marker to your goal… rinse and repeat.

AMIRITE

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Ronin.8095

Ronin.8095

I don’t have any objection at all to people doing the same thing again and again and again and again in order to get into a pleasant trance state (e.g. to unwind after work). I do that myself sometimes.

What I do find peculiar is when people expect to be well rewarded for that style of gameplay.

I don’t expect to be rewarded for it. I expect to be able to do it.

My reward will come when I have thousands of an item to use. I could sell it. Craft it. Use it for a legendary.

What happens when a quest comes along that requires you to find an item with a low drop rate?

That’s a really common theme in MMOs for lots of quests. You’ve got to go out, kill x hundred mobs and eventually your item will drop and you can continue your quest.

That isn’t going to work here. I can’t wait until they try and see the glaring error they’ve made.

Basically, we the innocent, legitimate players have been caught in a battle with the devs and the bots. We get all the rubbish and bad ideas dumped on us.

The measures they employ just move the bots elsewhere and they normally move them right in my face. Like in the DEs right now.

Yeah, it worked – bots don’t farm. They do other things now which are more off-putting and annoying than before.

What’ll happen next is that the dev team will implement more measures to curtail the new behaviour of bots, and this will have even more damaging effects on the genuine player community.

It was a really poorly thought-out strategy and I just know they won’t back down from it. It’s a common theme for development companies.

Change will only come when money starts to dry up and seeing as they only really care about maxing a box sale with this business model (for an MMO!?) it won’t be noticed 1 month after the game.

Sorry, but there’s too much in this games that punishes the players in an aggressive way. It’s not a welcoming environment to play in.

It’s a nanny-state, chiding, dictatorial environment.

North Korea, if it were an MMO, would be like GW2 right now. (Massive exaggeration, but there’s a kernel of truth.)

Why ruin your game Anet?

Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

ANet doesn’t want you to sit in one spot and farm all day. They’re trying to forcibly break us of that aged concept. Personally, I don’t see the problem with it. Then again, I never enjoyed farming one spot for hours on end in the first place. It’s the reason why I didn’t jump over to EQ from UO back in the day.

It may have worked 13 years ago for EverQuest back in 1999, but things have changed. ANet isn’t trying to punish you, they’re trying to get you to actually play their game. Some players just see it as an attack against their “way of life” and it is in a way I suppose.

However, if you actually embrace this change you might find yourself enjoying the game a lot more. Sitting in one spot and farming ad naseum is incredibly dull. I don’t know why anyone would want to do it, period. It’s not fun.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Raiden Omega.7825

Raiden Omega.7825

It’s interesting really. I find the game great. So far, I’m enjoying every aspect. I love the mechanics of play and gain. I’ve found that there is one saying that sums up every game ever created. “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time."

In the gaming industry, a better way to put it would probably be, “You can please some of the people most of the time, you can please most of the people some of the time, but screw up once and see how many bandwagon jumpers there are.”

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

Anet is trying to force people to buy gems. I fully understand that. Hey Anet, how about you come with some good cash shop items (current cash shop items are beyond lame) that will make players want to purchase gems instead of lame tactics like DR?

It’s possible other people have made this observation. I don’t read the forums enough to know, but I do agree with it.

For example, I now have 150 Black Lion Chests which I can’t open. To open one of them is going to cost me a few Pounds? That’s mad. At first, keys seemed to be awarded for completion of zones and the daily, but that has not happened to me for a couple of weeks now and I suspect they stopped it in a deliberate attempt to force people to buy gems.

I’ve played other free-to-play games and I have a warning for Anet – make your money on value, not on coercion. I’ve spent plenty of money in other F2P games on items because they seemed desirable. Way more money than the average MMO monthly subscription. But that was because I felt it was my CHOICE to buy them and there was no pressure being applied from the vendor.

At the point I feel like Anet are trying to stiff me, I’m going elsewhere.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Ronin.8095

ANet doesn’t want you to sit in one spot and farm all day. They’re trying to forcibly break us of that aged concept. Personally, I don’t see the problem with it. Then again, I never enjoyed farming one spot for hours on end in the first place. It’s the reason why I didn’t jump over to EQ from UO back in the day.

It may have worked 13 years ago for EverQuest back in 1999, but things have changed. ANet isn’t trying to punish you, they’re trying to get you to actually play their game. Some players just see it as an attack against their “way of life” and it is in a way I suppose.

However, if you actually embrace this change you might find yourself enjoying the game a lot more. Sitting in one spot and farming ad naseum is incredibly dull. I don’t know why anyone would want to do it, period. It’s not fun.

I embrage change and encourage it often.

I’ve seen most of what the game has to offer. I have my map completion. I’ve done dungeons. Their novelty wears off really fast. I’ve done WvWvW. 2 hours wait? You’re joking right?

This isn’t a change that has our interests at heart. Not in any way. It’s a self-serving change that is an attempt to stop botting an exploiting resources, mobs, etc.

The only people it has affected is legitimate gamers.

It is not your concern what my reasons are for wanting to do something you perceive as mindless. It is not for you to dictate to me what is fun or not. That will never be the case.

You also seem to forget it wasn’t in place originally. It’s a new addition, the DR.

If you’re trying to tell me that these implementations are for me to stop “not having fun” and to force me to do something else “to have fun”. I’d really appreciate you and ANet stop telling me how to have fun. How about I make that decision for me, OK?

That is dictating and that’s what I’m talking about.

Except "fun"is not the reason these measures exist. They’re there to tackle botting. That’s the official line. DR is to stop botting. It’s not some paradigm shift in gaming mentality, so stop trying to paint it as that. It’s an inaccurate picture. They did this to try to stop people manipulating the game. Period.

The bots have moved. They’re still there. They’re in DEs and make it a really fun-less experience. If you profess to be in the game as much as you say, you’d see this.

It hasn’t stopped the problem it’s intended to resolve, it’s just annoyed a lot of players. Read the forums. The voices against are really really numerous and loud.

By all means, you play in this new style. I’m happy that you like it and I don’t think you’re silly or wrong for wanting to play that way. I respect your right to play however you want to.

It’s that point I’m trying to hammer home. There is no equivalent for me. I have to play your way or not at all. Otherwise, I’m strange or lack “fun”. I can assure you I might be strange but I do know how to have fun and certainly won’t have people tell me how to have it.

That’s not compromise. It’s dictatorial.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

All games have set play modes. There are no games where you can go in and say “I want to play outside the game mechanics.”

If you enjoy farming, you should play a game where it is more central to the over all game. That’s not me asking you to leave. That’s me saying, choose a game where you like the playstyle, don’t choose one you don’t like then tell them they are being dictatorial.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: AsgardNation.2953

AsgardNation.2953

i was waiting gw2 while i played cabal. now im waiting soul&blade

Why ruin your game Anet?

Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

@Ronin

Yes, it was put in place to stop bots. But let’s be realistic here. Power players who “enjoy” farming often employ the use of bots to automate the process while they do other things. Oftentimes they are still “active” with the game on another monitor so they can jump in if a GM messages them to check if they’re a bot. Now I’m not accusing you of doing this, but it is the unfortunate truth of the matter.

I’m sorry that your preferred method of play is so similar to that of a robot that the system is stopping you from farming. It sucks, but that’s how it is. ANet is taking steps to tweak the system, but I highly doubt they’ll ever reverse this policy fully.

Remember however, this isn’t a democracy. It’s a video game. Whether you want to call their ruleset dictorial or not is beside the point. It’s their game, their rules and you have to play within them. Like any game, if you don’t like the rules or the game isn’t fun, you can voluntarily stop playing at anytime.

That said, I encourage you to consider altering your playstyle. Travel around the world more, interact with and help other players, be an active member of the community and see where that takes you. The materials you’re trying to farm will come with time. There’s really no need to rush, the game will be around for a long time to come.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Actually, you don’t have to play with them. You can just leave. ArenaNet is losing a lot of players due to these knee-jerk reactions to botters and the like and because of this reaction they released an entirely buggy DR system that nobody should want because nobody has ever seen it work like it is supposed to. But can somebody tell me why they think it should stay in even after it is bug free? What other game does this? If it was to stabilize the economy then why have I never seen another game do this? Don’t they all have workable economies? Botters will still bot and the work/reward ratio will still be very high as they don’t have to do anything to get it, but the legitimate players who might just want to farm for hours with friends or what not (because we have to to get enough karma/gold for exotics) are being punished (not counting the fact that at the moment it is broken. It will still effect people like this afterward).

There are many better ways to fix a bot issue. I still see botters and exploiters all over the game world who were reported a week ago.

Does everybody love Anet so much that they can’t see that their system can only hurt their legitimate, paying, customers? This system doesn’t deserve anybody’s defense. I’ve never felt so forcefully corralled by a game in my entire life. A lot of games do lock-outs and whatnot but this is so obtuse and unnecessary that it glares at you unlike those other mmo systems.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Please, if you have a better way to handle the bot issues, post your constructive suggestions here. ANet is listening.

ANet is a team of highly specialized professionals. Maintaining a virtual economy is difficult. Heck maintaining any economy is difficult, just look at the problems we’re having all over the world right this moment. How would it impact the world if true AI launched tomorrow and suddenly all menial jobs were replaced by robots? People would be clamouring up and down for the government to place limits and sanctions upon companies using them.

There’s a similar situation going on here. If ANet doesn’t so something then all these players who enjoy farming will be out of “work” because the economy will be absolutely clogged with materials from bots that ran rampantly unchecked.

They are doing what they think best to handle the situation and prevent their virtual economy from collapsing upon itself. While many players may not agree with these measures, they simply don’t see the big picture nor do they have access to the data that ANet does.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Ronin.8095

@Ronin

Yes, it was put in place to stop bots. But let’s be realistic here. Power players who “enjoy” farming often employ the use of bots to automate the process while they do other things. Oftentimes they are still “active” with the game on another monitor so they can jump in if a GM messages them to check if they’re a bot. Now I’m not accusing you of doing this, but it is the unfortunate truth of the matter.

I’m sorry that your preferred method of play is so similar to that of a robot that the system is stopping you from farming. It sucks, but that’s how it is. ANet is taking steps to tweak the system, but I highly doubt they’ll ever reverse this policy fully.

Remember however, this isn’t a democracy. It’s a video game. Whether you want to call their ruleset dictorial or not is beside the point. It’s their game, their rules and you have to play within them. Like any game, if you don’t like the rules or the game isn’t fun, you can voluntarily stop playing at anytime.

That said, I encourage you to consider altering your playstyle. Travel around the world more, interact with and help other players, be an active member of the community and see where that takes you. The materials you’re trying to farm will come with time. There’s really no need to rush, the game will be around for a long time to come.

You right it’s not a democracy, but there is no political equivalent to what it is, so it’s a redundant comparison.

It’s fine. GW2 and ANet can keep DR, but lose me. They definitely won’t care and I’ll be told “Mind your kitten on the way out!” by people on the forum, I don’t mind that either, it’s commonplace.

DR will bring the game down eventually. Now or later. It’s just a question of time and as I keep saying I’ve watched it happen before and it’s really sad to be on the inside of that experience. It’s really deflating and such an underwhelming experience.

It was even worse with FF for me as I’d been introduced to the franchise as a young child and grew up with it.

I’ve had the pleasure of watching SE destroy and bottom violate that game. They didn’t listen to what people were saying and they are now a massive laughing stock in Japan, when they used to literally be revered over there. I’ve been to Japan quite a few times to know this to be true.

I’ll be genuinely amazed if SE ever put out an FF game again. Why? Their insistence on rolling out punitive DR measures and then their insistence on saying “Nothing’s wrong! You will enjoy the game or go away!” made them fall on their own sword.

I watched that happen. It’ll happen again. Right here and right now.

It can be stopped, but all this talk of “ANet’s always had this philosophy” and “you’ll never make a difference” and basically “shut up” makes me feel sad.

I love the style and potential with this game, it has so much going for it.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Is this thread still going?
Oh well,
Hi. I am a legitimate player,
I have never been affected by DR even though I have been on the same map essentially killing risen and krait for 3 days- honestly if I hadn’t heard the term here I would not even know it existed.
So please for the sake of the six gods stop saying that the game punishes legitimate players, Anet only wants my money etc.
Anet has never asked me for my money or compelled me to buy anything.
I do notice that the economy seems to be borked because all these farmers are flooding the market.
So kindly
Please don’t speak for me in the future
Signed
A legitimate player

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

The DR system is nothing but a headache. When people who talk about Guild Wars 2 talk about the DR system have NOTHING good to say about it.

We honest people are all getting punished from it because of bots and exploiters.

Reminds me of a DRM.

AND they said they have found the problem and have a patch for it, BUT they are waiting till late Monday to fix it. They should either take it out till it’s fixed OR send out the kitten patch!

I really thought ArenaNet would listen to it’s players, but yet again another company that really doesn’t care about the community.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Pro or contra DR… in the end only one question is valid:

is it getting rid of the bots?

Seems the answer is no: they already work around it.
Than why is it still here as a measure?

Bots are always tailored to the system.
Only manual picking out can do something about that given fact.
Maybe DR is the solution, maybe not. It might be the only hope for a solution they realistically have… Manual control is extremely costly in terms of personel.

For me the underlying issue of this whole discussion is this:
is it wise for Anet to take such an unpopular measure right at this very fragile point in the making of GW2?
Just when the novelty is gone, when many complaints arise aside bugs, when many feel disappointed for the promises made, and yes: when MoP is out

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: yarpen.1364

yarpen.1364

First of all anet should just make DE in high level zones hard. Spawning some 84 level spiders which can be killed in 0.5 s by zerg isn’t good idea for DE. Give them more hp, I know you can do it, because DE on other maps has way harder to kill mobs. It fix a lot of other things. First it make “farming” harder, second it makes less problems with “tagging”.
Seconds it’s problem with design. Risen everywhere and sometimes I think that all of them are just connected as one “rise” type mob. Those junk skulls everywhere.
Third mats t6 should be rebalanced. Huge amount of ancient bones and lack of other mats because they drop only from loot bags. There are different risen mobs, give them different mats. (the same with rare mats drop).

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

“Is this thread still going?”

Well, to be honest it’s just a handful of posters with an axe to grind at this point. Flooding the board with complaints makes it seem like a big deal until you realize that it’s a few people ranting and a few more going “yeah! you tell em!” while the rest of us just sigh and try to ignore them.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: FurMaz.1645

FurMaz.1645

Well, DR is your fault.
People were farming the same event over and over again and getting huge amounts of money, they weren’t actually playing the game. If you want to farm all day you can do that in WoW.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: MrThebigcheese.2014

MrThebigcheese.2014

You’re funny Tol, you’re in your own little world. Nothing you just said is even true lol.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Ronin.8095

Sadly the implementation of the DR has actually had an adverse effect, just like Kimbald is saying.

All the bots that would be off elsewhere in Tyria doing whatever else would be in no way antagonistic to me, forcing them into my DE is really really annoying me. I can’t play. I just can’t. I hate the over-crowding of bots even on a medium server.

Yes, I changed from a high server to a medium one and it was just as bad.

Making bots more crafty and ingenious is not a good thing. At least if you know what they’re up to you can monitor that area of the game.

If you’re making them adapt and become more ingenious you’re creating all sorts of problems for yourself.

The fact is ANet will have to spend money to properly police the bot problem. They’ll never do that so be prepared to be stuck with it for the rest of the game’s existence.

That’s if the DR really is a method to curb the bot problem. I’ve been told by all and sundry on this forum today that ANet are trying to introduce some form of paradigm shift in gaming with the DR and it’s to “teach” us and “open our eyes” to a new playstyle.

Bollocks. Utter bollocks. If that’s really the case, take my money back and spend your time trying to dictate to other people how they should play your MMO. I want out immediately.

Why ruin your game Anet?

Posted by: CC Charles.3675

CC Charles.3675

Community Coordinator

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We fully understand your feelings regarding the bugs that are currently in the game. Be sure that we are actively working on it to resolve them as fast as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.