Why should I return?

Why should I return?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RestInWar.7418

RestInWar.7418

I have played this game on and off since release, but the latest break has been many months. I have leveled three characters to level 80 in the following order; Ranger, Necromancer and Warrior. I want to return to this game because at times it feels like the best game there is. At other times it feels like its the most boring game out there. The times I have been the most active have been my roads to 80, which quite frankly aren’t that long. Therefore I was wondering if playing another alt would kick me back into GW2. Do you think playing another profession than the ones mentioned would spice it up for me, or is there something new about GW2 that may do the trick as well? I focus my gameplay around PvE

TL;DR – Any reason to return to GW2 after a few months break? If I decide to go for a new alt, which profession and why?

Why should I return?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

All I can say is that you wont know for yourself until you’ve had try on your own. I wouldn’t be asking the forums with the mood everyone seems to be in.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Why should I return?

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Try out Super Adventure Box that comes today.

Why should I return?

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

If you got bored leveling before, you will get bored again. Leveling is still the same and on most servers I heard about and the one I’ve been on, leveling is a more lonely process than before unless you have friends you can level with.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Why should I return?

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

I was in your shoes OP. It’s obvious we aren’t in the obsessed gw2 player category, else we wouldn’t have taken such a long hiatus, and missed a bunch of living story lines.

I’ve logged in, done my daily, and been introduced to BOTS in Queensdale, which is basically extra easy mode Orr 1.0

Why should I return?

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

ponders
Why should I try to convince you to? The best way to decide is to try.
You have your account, it only costs you a little bit of your time.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Why should I return?

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I can’t recommend joining now. I think things are too in flux. I’d wait a could of weeks and check back. By then some critical information about ascended weapons should be known.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Why should I return?

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

focusing on pve will make the game a part time job that you will have to do ingame daily, especially involving ascended and timegates! well… if you dont mind much2 more daily task, or grind,.. than its all good. .

Why should I return?

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

If you do come back, roll a engineer and use multiple kits. The high APM to be as effective as you can, makes the combat quite interesting (personal opinion of course). It is also one of the few classes where nearly everything is best played as a combo of sorts (ele also works this way) so there is no pressing one button to win and then collect loot. Yes it does mean that you are pressing more buttons to get a similar effect as some other classes get with pressing one button but don’t let anyone try to tell you that makes it subpar compared to other choices. It’s all a matter of if you find the play style engaging or not, higher skill floor and ceiling, no you won’t really exceed other “easier” to play classes but you certainly won’t fall behind them either. So the reward for playing one well really only comes in the satisfaction that you are playing a class that many people simply have not learned to play to it’s full potential.

(edited by ShadowPuppet.3746)