Why the lapse between demo and rollout?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Game of Bones.8975

Game of Bones.8975

If this is just a demo and not beta testing, the amount of changes should be minimal.

Posted by: Alanar.9854

Alanar.9854

Probably still polishing things up. It’s likely that the demo is mostly for hype while they’re still solving some bugs and implementing minor visual improvements in later areas. However, they could also take the feedback of a larger sample of the population into consideration for changes to the end product.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

We had to wait like a year between HoT announcement and when it came out, during which ArenaNet didn’t do any updates to the game at all so uh,

Be grateful, my friend.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Game of Bones.8975

Game of Bones.8975

We had to wait like a year between HoT announcement and when it came out, during which ArenaNet didn’t do any updates to the game at all so uh,

Be grateful, my friend.

I got in right around the time HoT rolled out (I was happy with GW1).

If polishing things up is the reason, why not schedule it so there could be another full world demo weekend to show ANet was listening to our feedback and giving them another chance to allow players to use the characters in their full capacity.