Why the need to make everyone PvP?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

I have been reading over the last few week several thread that mention the need for those like myself that do not like to PvP needing to WvW to get rewards.

I do not relish the time when I will have to finally go into the mist to try and get my map completion.

My enjoyment in the game is through exploration. As well as other PvE challenges that are ahead of me. Max level for one of my characters is 46, and I have been playing since headstart, FYI.

At this time I am not able to get a monthly reward since I do not PvP. This is making it where I do not get these benefits that come with this reward. Nor do I foresee I will get it for map completion. Nor have I seen any server rewards from WvWvW that I was told would be server wide.

Now don’t get me wrong. I have PvPed in many games. DAoC; Warhammer Online; Planetside; Mechwarrior. Just to name some of them I have done. I was rather good at them. I just have no real desire to continue doing such type of playing style. So if I do decide to go into the Mist. You may get a surprise if you think I will be easy prey. I just would rather not have to bother with it though.

I find it unfair to those like myself that are being excluded from prizes they offer us just because we find no enjoyment in gaming in this fashion.

Also when you make us go into the Mist we will be taking up a place in the que for that someone that really loves to PvP. That is not fair to these folks. It is also not fair to those in WvW that see they do not truly have the manpower they think they have due to the fact that some of these folks are off trying to complete their map and avoid gank squads.

I find my enjoyment for example fighting the Jungle Wurm SP in the Sylvari starter zone as a level 13 mesmer, solo. Now that way exciting and challenging. (on a side note: use seed pod turrets. very helpful)

Anyway. I feel there needs to be some changes in the reward system. If as advertized over the last few years, Anet wishes us to have fun. Then these changes are needed for I know it will not be “fun” when I have to go into the Mists.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Amnon.4769

Amnon.4769

You got rewards for completing each individual zone. Oh, you want 100% map completion and legendary weapons? But you want to get it without exploring 100% of the map. I see…

And you think you’re entitled to that, why?

What if I said I don’t enjoy PvE – could I get my legendary weapon just doing PvP zones? Of course not, that’s silly. What if I said I don’t like leveling – would I get to create a character at level 80? Of course not.

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

100% completion…Only idea I got is we need it to be separate.
100% for PvE.
100% for PvP.
Not sure how everyone else would feel about it but it looks like a win-win for everyone.

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

Amnon.4769

Rise, there is no “achievement” in doing only the things you find simple. Nobody liked fishing in Dalaran for weeks to get coins, nobody found it simple to dodge 200 lightning bolts in FFX, nobody said it was easy to win a Civ V match on the hardest difficulty… but that’s what achievements are – doing things that are not simple and easy.

There is no achievement in something everyone else has done. There needs to be something in it to prevent other players from not getting it – a Win-Win situation is not a good thing when it comes to achievements.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Monthly WvW part is very fast to do. Join the zerg for an hour and you are done for that month. I suggest that try it at least once before asking for a change. You might even notice that you like it. I am not a huge PvP fan either, but I started to like www. It is so different than regular 5 min deathmatch battleground.

Krosslite.1950

You got rewards for completing each individual zone. Oh, you want 100% map completion and legendary weapons? But you want to get it without exploring 100% of the map. I see…

What if I said I don’t enjoy PvE – could I get my legendary weapon just doing PvP zones? Of course not, that’s silly. What if I said I don’t like leveling – would I get to create a character at level 80? Of course not.

Per my understanding. The Mists is not truly part of tyria. If I am wrong I will exccept this.
Scine it is not part of tyria it should not be included in map compltion. Also, we all have the right to legendary gear.

Just being a Pvper shouldn’t make you special.

The tone in your wording came across harsh btw

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Amnon.4769

Wait, wait… you have the “right” to legendary gear?

I’m sorry, you don’t have the RIGHT to anything – except the right to EARN legendary gear; and the cost of legendary gear is that you explore the mists. The cost of legendary gear is that you do something incredible, worthy of the title legendary.

Allow me to explain my tone: you came off as someone who wants a major achievement for free. To me, this says you’re a person who likes to be reaffirmed about everything you do – you want to be rewarded for your slightest effort. This is a bad habit that other games nurture, but should be rejected.

Tell me – wouldn’t you feel 100 times better knowing you’ve completed something truly amazing, and received an achievement you can be proud of? Would it not be a waste of server space to give every character in the game easy achievements?

EDIT: And by the way, I’ve also completed the entire “world” map, and still working on my mists completion.

Krosslite.1950

The “right” to legendary was promised to all by Anet. They implied it is open to all.
Yes it should be a struggle to acheive. But it should not exlude those that do not find enjoyment though PvP.
There are struggles in PvE. As there are different types of struggles in PvP.

As mentioned in my opening. Fighting those 3 wurm at 13 as a mesmer. Without the seed turrets. Figured that out later. Was a struggle and worth earning the SP.

This game has challenges, but per your wording only those that PvP should be crowned the best by be given the only "right"to to legedary gear.

If that is true. That is wrong.

Amnon.4769

Open for all does not mean free for all. Everyone getting a legendary would make it worthless, and then people would complain about that.

I just don’t understand why you utterly refuse to do something that is the slightest-bit difficult for you, and expect to still get the top-most prizes in the game.

Krosslite.1950

I have no dificulty doing PvP.
Again as mention in my first post. I am rather good at it.
I just no longer wish to do it. It not fun.

Posted by: Falcon Night.4653

Falcon Night.4653

I would like to add in. There is no achievement for free as some claim.
BTW, when you go PvP you go straight to lvl 80 (for free btw).
I side with the OP. You do most of the exploring and more than half the map in PvE. Then the last bits you are forced to do PvP. Doing 100% map completion in PvE is not something you can breeze through. If you have completed your “world” map then you know this to be the case.
There are no rights in the game.
And Amnon please stop mixing “simple” with “fun”. Your case is a “Straw Man” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
This is a game. There is a win-win situation except for those who like to prevent others from reaching a win state just to stroke their own kitten. No one says it should be easy, but as a game it should be fun.
The OP, Rise and others have far more valid suggestions and arguments for why 100% completion should be achievable by everyone rather than “please don’t let people compete with me cause I’m l33t”.
And no, it would not make me feel 100 times better to play a playstyle I don’t want to play just to complete an achievement that should be accessible to everyone.
Again, please stop mixing “easy/simple” with “fun”.
I for one would support the argument of having, 100% PvP, !00% PvE server and no Mist map completion. In other words, I’m one of those who feels that people should be given a chance to succeed at whatever they feel is fun to do. Not just because they want to be l33t at the expense of others.

These are not the droid you are looking for, move along… → ESO, FireFall, NW :)

Amnon.4769

Unfortunately, it’s people like you who confuse “simple and easy” with fun – since you refuse to do things which you just “don’t want to do anymore”. This on its own wouldn’t be a problem – but to also expect to be REWARDED for it, to me, is mind-boggling.

Tell you what, why don’t you go on Blizzard’s forums, and ask to get the raid gear without actually doing the raid. You know, cause you don’t feel like doing it.

(edited by Amnon.4769)

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

Last time I looked, the monthly achievement reward was some coin, some xp, and some Mystic Coins.

If you don’t want to feel “forced to PvP” – then don’t. Spend your time doing whatever aspect of the game you prefer, and you’ll get coin and xp for that. Spend some of the coin to buy Mystic Coins on the Trading Post, if you need them.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

you dun need to do 100% map completion if you are unable to do it.

it is optional.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

wvw is not like real pvp, give it a try with an open mind.

chances are if you’re a pve player, you’ll like it.

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

People need to stop being afraid of PvP. Yes, PvP isn’t designed with your victory in mind, but since when has that ever meant it’s not fun? Don’t you have fun playing a game of pickup basketball whether you win or lose? Why is that different for MMO PvP?

People approach MMO PvP like someone’s going to come and beat up their families just because they’ve entered a PvP zone. Why the fear?

The hilarious thing is, the same people have NO fear of dying repeatedly in dungeons. Why is dying repeatedly in PvP any worse?

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

The “right” to legendary was promised to all by Anet. They implied it is open to all.
Yes it should be a struggle to acheive. But it should not exlude those that do not find enjoyment though PvP.

It is open to all, the only limiting factor for your situation is your mind set. ANet did not restrict anyone from freely entering WvW. If you had to pay extra to play WvW and it was still part of map completion, then you’ve got an argument.

I have a lot of long time mmo friends who enjoyed the primarily PvE side of things and wouldn’t touch PvP in most games. They did not like the atmosphere nor the pressure if you will. However, when I urged them to try out WvW, they came out enjoying it. WvW is NOT FUN if you’re solo and running with a zerg, but it’s an absolute blast if you have a group that can watch your back and you watch theirs. It’s far from the tense atmosphere in most pvp games and has a lot of other elements inside it for different crowds. Ultimately though, it’s the crowd you’re with that will make anything you do in the game entertaining, it is an MMO after all.

I don’t think they should cater to this attitude, because the only limiting factor in this situation is the player. You don’t NEED the legendary, it does not have the best stats, so they’re not limiting your potential like WoW essentially forcing you to raid if you want to be competitive in arenas. When you see someone with a legendary with these prerequisites, you’ll know not only did they put in a considerable amount of time in acquiring it, they’ve also dabbled in multiple aspects of the game.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

People need to stop being afraid of PvP. Yes, PvP isn’t designed with your victory in mind, but since when has that ever meant it’s not fun? Don’t you have fun playing a game of pickup basketball whether you win or lose? Why is that different for MMO PvP?

People approach MMO PvP like someone’s going to come and beat up their families just because they’ve entered a PvP zone. Why the fear?

The hilarious thing is, the same people have NO fear of dying repeatedly in dungeons. Why is dying repeatedly in PvP any worse?

I´d go even a step further and say get rid of the artificial division of pve/pvp mentality. It is the same game with the same UI, just different “monsters”. The only thing i dislike in pvp-settings are morons talking trash, insulting people etc. Just close the chat window if you feel like it, report insults and have fun.

Posted by: tic.7425

tic.7425

100% is 100%, its as simple as that really.

There are certain things in MMOs that i don’t like doing as well, but i don’t complain about not being rewarded for it if i choose not to do it…

/shrug

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I´d go even a step further and say get rid of the artificial division of pve/pvp mentality. It is the same game with the same UI, just different “monsters”. The only thing i dislike in pvp-settings are morons talking trash, insulting people etc. Just close the chat window if you feel like it, report insults and have fun.

anet already did that.
enemy players are labeled as
“home world name” defenders (if you invade their home world borderlands)
“home world name” invaders (if they invade your home world borderlands)
“home world name” invaders (everyone is an invader in the eternal battlegrounds)

and public chat among different home world servers is impossibru in WvW.

WvW is just like PvE actually.

Krosslite.1950

I don’t have a fear. I just have lost the desire to do WvW. It is not that different then DAoC per my understanding. The challenge to strategies quickly and move even faster just doesn’t interest me. As it did when I played that.

It is the quickness that takes it toll over time. Especially when it is on going for several hours.

Now this is not to say this doesn’t happen in PvE, but with that arena you can take short rest-bits to collect yourself before you move on toward your goal.

It is the fact that there are struggles in PvE and more of them as was pointed out by Falcon Night. Means that those that PvE actually do more then those that exclusively PvP.

Now those that PvP and PvE admittedly do more then those that just PvE.

I will not argue that they could have earned a better shinny due to this. That does not mean that those that PvE only should be excluded from shinnies as some have stated should take place.

My point of the post is simply to state that there is an issue with the system as it stands right now.

I can do my PvE dailies quickly.

It has been said that the PvP points can be done quickly.

This is understood by all.

My point of the post is that those that do not wish to do something shouldn’t be excluded from the monthly rewards.

That said. Those that only PvP should get a reward if the do not PvE.

PvE should get a rewarded if they don’t wish to PvP

Keep the system as is for those that wish to do both.

EDIT: sorry for the edit got interrupted in RL

(edited by Krosslite.1950)

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

Let me try to sum up the situation. On dominating server WvW map completion require absolutely no PvP at all, just walk from location to location, it is basically same as doing city completion (have done it on dominating server and didn’t have to PvP a single person). On server that has beaten into submission, getting map completion is in practical sense impossible. There have been discussion to wait rotation and wait until home server owns places, so how is that any different really than just switching to dominating server to complete maps.

I think core issue here is that 100% map completion is very PvE achievement (95% or so), so doing all PvE maps and then abandoning the achievement only because do not want to do any PvP would be frustrating. If PvE people would be here to complain that they want to get some WvW achievement without doing any WvW, then it would be unjustified claim. “Been There, Done That” is more of a PvE achievement that require tourist trip to PvP area, where on dominating server or waiting that their home server owns those locations really contribute nothing to PvP.

[Hex]

(edited by Bogey.5423)

Amnon.4769

If you have “lost the desire” to do WvW, then you have lost the desire to get a legendary. Simple as that.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I think core issue here is that 100% map completion is very PvE achievement (95% or so), so doing all PvE maps and then abandoning the achievement only because do not want to do any PvP would be frustrating. If PvE people would be here to complain that they want to get some WvW achievement without doing any WvW, then it would be unjustified claim. But “Been There, Done That” is more of a PvE achievement that require tourist trip to PvP area, where on dominating server or waiting that their home server owns those locations really contribute nothing to PvP.

i think they got it wrong.
it is the other way round, you see.

WvW PvPers are required to go through PvE content before they can do WvW PvP at level 80 with exotics and all etc.

The 100% World Completion is for WvW PvPers to complete, not for those PvE Care Bears.

It is a WvW PvP achievement, not PvE. Dun get it wrong now.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I don’t have a fear. I just have lost the desire to do WvW. It is not that different then DAoC per my understanding. The challenge to strategise quickly and move even faster just doesn’t interest me.

well, you say you lost interest in all these things that are classified as achievements, so why do you think exactly the things you dislike should be taken out of the equation? Every aspect of the achievements will be disliked by some player, one may not like salvaging, one may not like POIs, so we take them out too? Achievements are an arbitrary assortment of requirements, you can decide if you want to fulfill them or not. What makes you think just because you do not like a single one of them exactly that aspect should be taken out?

Bogey.5423

i think they got it wrong.
it is the other way round, you see.

WvW PvPers are required to go through PvE content before they can do WvW PvP at level 80 with exotics and all etc.

The 100% World Completion is for WvW PvPers to complete, not for those PvE Care Bears.

It is a WvW PvP achievement, not PvE. Dun get it wrong now.

Why is it in Hero section of achievements, which is all PvE achievements? Does it make sense that achievement that require ~95% PvE is then WvW achievement? That was my main point – achievement that is very PvE heavy require no contribution to PvP on right server (which is now free to switch and later with gems).

[Hex]

Posted by: Einherjar.6709

Einherjar.6709

But you don’t have to discover/complete all of the PvE dungeons (every path, getting every PoI in them) in order to complete the 100% map discovery.

Such a task would be as onerous a task as having to get every point on the Eternal Battlegrounds map, which most people can only accomplish ever through server transfers. Such a system as our current system is inelegant at best, stupid at worst.

Amnon.4769

Why would it even matter what section they put the achievement under? Your complaint is not that the achievement is in the wrong section.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

But you don’t have to discover/complete all of the PvE dungeons (every path, getting every PoI in them) in order to complete the 100% map discovery.

Such a task would be as onerous a task as having to get every point on the Eternal Battlegrounds map, which most people can only accomplish ever through server transfers. Such a system as our current system is inelegant at best, stupid at worst.

Reason why dungeons are left out is probably that it would require a group. They wanted to keep 100% completion soloable so everyone can complete it.

(edited by Ameepa.6793)

Amnon.4769

Then that would have been the cost of getting the legendary items.
Need I remind you what it took in WoW, for example, to get a legendary? You’d need to be in a raiding guild, grind the same raid bosses every week, and maybe – if you’re good – after a few months you’d get enough materials to make it.

In GW2, it is solo-able, do-able, and quite frankly – it’s not that darn hard to get WvW world completion! I say, stop whining about it, and just do it.

Krosslite.1950

made an edit…see my last post above to read the chances, Sorry about that

Amnon.4769

“That said. Those that only PvP should get a reward if the do not PvE.”

That, my friend, is the problem. I don’t believe you should not be rewarded for choosing to play only one aspect of the game, nor should you be rewarded for every single action you take.

There are PvE rewards, and there are PvP rewards. This reward that you want – the 100% map completion, requires both of them. If you only want to do PvE, then expect to get only PvE rewards.

Bogey.5423

Why would it even matter what section they put the achievement under? Your complaint is not that the achievement is in the wrong section.

Let me say it even one more time. “Been There, Done That” is very heavy on PvE (about 95% of its completion is exploring PvE maps). When people that have no interest of doing any PvP can do it to ~95% and then abandon it does not really seem fair in the sense that they do not want to switch to different server and get it done without any PvP. That would seem like a borderline system abuse. On dominating server it require absolutely no effort to get those maps completed, there is really only one vista that require a bit of jumping and two or three skill points that require some PvE.

.. They wanted to keep 100% completion soloable so everyone can complete it.

But it is not soloable. It is only soloable on dominating server when there really require no effort at all, only a little time to walk through all locations.

[Hex]

Amnon.4769

You hardly have to switch servers to get this achievement. Just find a time when your server is on top, and do it then. Besides, this is what the achievement is – are you upset because you did 95% of the achievement without actually realizing all that it will entail? Perhaps the fault is with you, then.

Posted by: Sevens the lucky.2913

Sevens the lucky.2913

I dont like to Tradeskill, I hate it in fact….so I think Anet should remove that part of the legendary quest! I am forced to do something I dont find fun!!1!!
I have a RIGHT to my legendary! and you will not violate my RIGHTS!
Stand up oppressed people of Tyria! stand up and fight the oppression!

/sarcasm (just for those who might have missed it)

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

You don’t, HAVE to do it.

No one is forcing you to do it.

This game has PvP content. And some of the achievements will include that.

100% map completion means 100%. That’s it. Not 99%. Not 98%. 100

You shouldn’t get 100% map completion if you haven’t explored 100% of the map.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

We want legendary! When do we want it? Right now! We want legendary! When do we want it? Right now!

No pain No gain people.

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

I had no idea that PvP would be mandatory in order to acquire a PvE (you can’t use them in PvP can you?) legendary weapon, ah well … no legendary for me. I’d already come to terms with never getting a Monthly achievement or 100% map completion, the legendary thing is a shame but I’ll get over it I’m sure.

Personally I’d prefer it if the two aspects of the game were kept completely distinct from one another; not sure why game developers feel the need to drive people to engage in both. The exact same thing happened in WoW.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

I had no idea that PvP would be mandatory in order to acquire a PvE (you can’t use them in PvP can you?) legendary weapon

You can use them in WvW.

The legendaries are to show you’re a master of the whole game, as such you have to play the whole game.

Posted by: Tallenn.9218

Tallenn.9218

Have you tried WvW? It’s actually extremely fun, and I am about as carebear as you can get. I HATE to PvP in most games. I didn’t think I’d really like WvW much either, but darned if it ain’t all that.

I honestly still don’t do it all that much (mainly because I just have so much other stuff I want to do, and not enough hours to do them all), but I don’t have any problem going into it for monthly achievement and map completion.

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

1. This is a PvE game. There is a kitten-ton more dedicated PvE content in the game than there is PvP. The PvP stuff is on the fringes of the PvE. Deal with it.

2. Throughout the entire game, the two playstyles were kept completely separate — right up until you reach the only long-term goal the game offers. Let me just repeat that last part: legendaries are the only long-term goal the game offers. Then PvP becomes a requirement if you wish to participate in that goal.

3. Prior to release, ArenaNet constantly stressed that they wanted to create a game that offered a cooperative experience, while also including a beefy, but optional, PvP game, to ensure that people didn’t feel forced into playing a game that they didn’t enjoy. Legendary acquisition flies in the face of that philosophy and it only becomes apparent towards the end of the game. There is no indication that there would be an about face prior to that.

4. No one is asking for a free pass or to have anything handed to them NOW. What we are asking is to continue to play the game we purchased, just like we were expecting, and not be forced to switch gears at end game. There’s no raiding because raiding represents a different game from what we would have been playing, prior to end-game. Being coerced into PvP at the end of the game, just so that we can continue to have an ongoing goal is the same as forcing people to go into raid mode. Again, that’s counter to the advertised design philosophy.

And here’s a final bit of truthiness that some of you need to come to grips with. Those who don’t wish to participate in PvP are no less dedicated, hardcore, patient or willing to grind to achieve a legendary item, than any PvPer. We just don’t get our kicks from chimping in the Mists with the rest of you. That’s not the game we signed up for. We might as well fire up CoD at end-game since that’s closer to your game than then one we’ve been playing.

(edited by Blacklight.2871)

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

I personally have long since gotten tired of the attitudes that typically surround any PvP activity. Part of it’s probably my age and gender, part of it is probably my supporting and cooperative nature, and part of it’s probably wanting to avoid the same behaviours and attitudes in my entertainment that I deal with every day at work (in education).

In the betas, WvW was fairly fun. People were still learning what was going on, people were helpful, and it was a new experience.

Once live hit, WvW became completely and utterly “serious business”, with a lot of trash talking, insults, and those same attitudes that I want to avoid. And this is all coming from the same team, not the opponents.

I did the WvW map completion on two characters, and in my opinion that’s enough for me. My main character who I play 92% of the time (going by /age) has her star and that’s all I really wanted.

I personally also have no desire to get a legendary. The only one I really like is the staff, and I’m a scepter/dagger Ele. I’d rather not spend massive amounts of time getting limited drops from PvP kills, or getting jumped and ambushed while doing the (currently broken) jumping puzzles.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: deriver.5381

deriver.5381

I wonder what do you mean by currently broken jumping puzzles

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

what goal? also i heard if you don’t wanna pvp in wvw its ok, just do the jumping puzzles. but ofc that’s a diff matter too coz you might see campers in the jumping puzzle areas

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: SoulTrain.2157

SoulTrain.2157

im kinda like you op. im not much into pvp at all. also i felt the same way you do now about the wvw map completion. when i first tried it out i was on the blue team which hardly controlled anything and i felt very discouraged seeing as how this could probally take a longgg time to get all the map points. so i got what i could that wasnt controlled by the other teams and thought hmmm i wonder if i switch servers would it put me on another team that owns stuff. and it did and i completed the rest of 1 zone that day and 3 of the other 4 wvw zones the next day so it wasnt that bad. and after running with a big group it also showed me that it wasnt to hard to get the monthly wvw requirement thing also.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

It is an Achievement- that means you have to achieve it.
I don’t like PvP but when I want 100% map completion and I will.
I am fully prepared to actually 100 % the map.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Curlybaby.6258

Curlybaby.6258

So, we have side A saying “why are we forced to pvp,” to which side B answers, “because those are the rules of the game.” So side B has a point. Because those ARE the rules of the game.

That settled, side B now simply wants to know if this rule can be changed so that pvp can be optional for a myriad of reasons least of which this is a game, they want to have fun, and they don’t find pvp fun. Side A responds “no, tough on you, those are the rules of the game.” So side B is left with "but … but … but …

See where that is going nowhere?

Where is the compromise?

This is not a major game breaking issue. Why can’t a system be implemented to make everyone happy? A fix to this debate can be as simple as having a pve mist where people can attain their 100% completion without having to pvp but they would not receive the star which is only awarded to those who completed 100% by engaging in pvp.

Crisis avoided.

We are not hamsters!

Amnon.4769

It’s a fact that you can’t make 100% of the playerbase happy.

And no, curly, it’s not “Those are the rules”. We went into fine details explaining the reasoning behind these rules, which perhaps you took careful attention to not pay any attention to.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

PvP and PvE are very different beasts. I don’t complain about the monthly being cross game, especially since we do have daily quests that gives rewards for PvE content.

On the other hand, I don’t seen an issue with having more than one monthly reward either. It would be ok to have a specific PvP monthly and a PvE monthy as well as a PvX monthly. The rewards should suit the players for that area of the game.

I think I can understand that Anet wants to encourage people to do both but zerg pvp isn’t for everyone and I think at the moment pvp needs help as it is. I for one miss the 4 vs 4 random arena’s from GW1 and a 1 vs 1 dueling arena wouldn’t be a bad thing either.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Curlybaby.6258

Curlybaby.6258

I understand. I don’t have a problem going by the rules. All I am trying to do is find a solution for those of us who do not enjoy pvp. Often times, forums are filled with two sides who are unable to, for whatever reasons, come to an agreement. Granted, for some issues there is no clear solution. For others, however, solutions are fairly easily attained. This is one of them.

I’d just like to know what the “win” is for those who oppose tweaking the system to force those who do not want to pvp, to do so. There are players who want to go into WvWvW to pvp who are on waiting queue’s because many who don’t want to pvp are in WvWvW server camping pve objectives and not participating in pvp. How is this system benefiting anyone?

Trust me, I am a firm believer is following a game developers vision for a game. So far, I am loving GW2 so the last thing I want to see is the developers change the game to what a vocal minority want the game to be to suit their needs. So I would rather just go with the game developers vision of the game, and if they are steadfast that it is best to leave as is, then I am all for it. However, I don’t think that forcing people into a pvp setting, who are simply going to camp pve objectives without any intention of pvping, while those that want to pvp are sitting on a queue, is a winning prescription for a game. Hence my attempt at a viable solution.

Either way, I know I would be going for my star.

We are not hamsters!