Why there is no players ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You’d have to be more specific about where you aren’t seeing other players. Have you tried Bloodstone Fen?

Have you tried using the LFG?

Welcome return.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

It could be any number of reasons. The starter maps aren’t usually all that popular unless there is a world boss or “current event” going on, in which case the map will flood. The players are there, but some maps just aren’t as popular as others unless there is something major happening.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The last 2 years I have seen more players on any given map in PvE than I did on release. Megaservers do their work.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It also depends on what time of day you’re playing.

Most people are only able to be online in the evenings and at weekends. Since Ruins of Surmia is an EU world that means evenings and weekends in European Time Zones (UTC +2 to UTC). So evenings would be approximately 16:00 UTC to 23:00 UTC and weekends would be approximately 9:00 UTC to 23:00 UTC.

If you’re online outside of those times you’ll see much less people. I’m in the UK so I’m at the back end of that and I’m often online at 23:00 and can literally see the population dropping. There might be 4 different Silverwastes maps advertised in the LFG tool at 22:00, then as they finish the remaining people go into one map, then when that one finishes we’ll struggle to even get the meta-event chain going on one map.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: MMOStein.3872

MMOStein.3872

1: what race you pick. some starter zones are barren because no one plays those races
2: megaserver. ur probably on a dead channel.
3: it is literally the middle of the night on a Tuesday in the US and early morning in the EU, no one is even awake at this time.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

The starter zones have been quite well populated recently because there was a sale on char slots. That’s certainly why I’ve been back in those zones.

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I still run the lower level zones,because I like doing the world completion stuff ,and find players all over even very late at night or early in the morning.
Maybe you joined a map with a world boss event going on at that time and everyone was on the taxi populated instance.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

i haven’t played gw2 about 1 year

i bought GW2 HOT last week. then i deleted my character (started to play from a new character)

i haven’t seen more than 2 or 3 players ..

im playing on worlds of surmia

I completely understand – when I go back to the HoT jungle maps, I often see no evidence of other players. If I run around the map for a while I might eventually see one here and there. Of course I don’t tend to run solo around any map but VB since the others are just too much of a pain to solo (for me).

The big exception is if you can find a map that is being prepped for the meta. Usually this involves looking in the LFG tool. And since people are prepping for the meta, they usually don’t do anything else that you might want to do in that map.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

I don’t think the OP is complaining about HoT maps but about the starter maps.

I’d suggest if you’re seeing problems in any map, use map chat, join a guild or 5, pop onto their teamspeak/voicechat.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

If a zone is full of players then you enter a second instance of the zone which might not have many players in it. Eventually you might be prompted to leave the zone because it has very little players. And you might move to a zone with openings… because a lot of players are leaving it… which means it will have few players left in it. XD
It’s happened to me often.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I don’t think the OP is complaining about HoT maps but about the starter maps.

I’d suggest if you’re seeing problems in any map, use map chat, join a guild or 5, pop onto their teamspeak/voicechat.

Hard to say since he says he purchased HoT which came with a lvl 80 boost so players could immediately go to HoT…

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

BTW, if you use the lfg tool to get a ‘taxi’ to a full instance of a zone. Then you might get a headache because there are too many players. I’ve had that happen.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Sadly, as far as the starter zones, when they nerfed the champion trains, they also nerfed interest in staying in those zones. And then Scarlet nuked Lion’s Arch, the most popular hub at the time, and the new look isn’t exactly making people stick around.

On top of all that, the content drought hurt the population and interest in a huge way. Now, returning players, head straight for the new zone and only the new zone for any length of time.

Finally, I can only speak for myself, but I again log in, do my dailies to include two of the Bloodstone Fen ones, and then log right back out to play something else.

Yeah . . . it’s not a surprise you’re not seeing anyone in my humble opinion.

So the people moved to DR and Rata Sum, not sure why that’s a big deal. High level players can’t run around low level zones and ruin the experience of new players by killing stuff too fast. Not sure why that’s a big deal.

You keep saying no one is in HoT, but then you say you only go to one zone and log out, so I’m not really sure how you’d know.

I think you’re right. You can only speak for yourself.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Sadly, as far as the starter zones, when they nerfed the champion trains, they also nerfed interest in staying in those zones. And then Scarlet nuked Lion’s Arch, the most popular hub at the time, and the new look isn’t exactly making people stick around.

On top of all that, the content drought hurt the population and interest in a huge way. Now, returning players, head straight for the new zone and only the new zone for any length of time.

Finally, I can only speak for myself, but I again log in, do my dailies to include two of the Bloodstone Fen ones, and then log right back out to play something else.

Yeah . . . it’s not a surprise you’re not seeing anyone in my humble opinion.

It’s not surprising that you’re not seeing anyone, because you’re not in the zones to see them.

How often do you go to the starter zones or Lion’s Arch? Do you stay in those maps for any length of time to see who is around? Do you look at map chat when you’re there?

I’m in the starter zones on a regular basis and I always see other people there. Sure there won’t be huge groups unless a world boss appears but that’s good because for most things it’s much easier to see what’s going on with just a few people around. But I’m never alone.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

Idk whenever I see few players I get the pop up to changes instances and then I see a lot. And it depends on zone, but I’ve NEVER seen just 2-3 peeps and that’s it. U mean like a corner area of Queensdale or something specific?

That’s one thing I’ve loved since I began playing GW2 to ME anyways, I can only speak for me – the instancing/megaserver loading works. Overall population may be down sure; but it hasn’t affected my noticing. I never feel lonely; even starter maps. Yeah bosses/dailies will bring more peeps to certain areas at certain days. But as a person who’s guild’s main game is SWTOR – and on the most populace server – this game is not sparse for players from my experience. Like any MMO I have my specific issues with GW2 but pop has never been one (that’s all for PvE; WvW sometimes depending on hour can be sparse, but not bad).

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I talk on map chat in low level zones to help new players …. I have yet to be on a map where there were none. That does not even count the vets. On what map(s) are you seeing nobody?

Posted by: CowKing.1785

CowKing.1785

So many games are going Free To Play there is that much competition now for players.