Why was 50/50 WvW Kills removed from monthly?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Does this mean ANET listens and gives in to whiners?

I hope it comes back in future months.

Those who refuse to do a certain part of the monthly do not deserve the rewards anyway.

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

It was added every month buddy.

Time for a change.

1+1 = potato

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Variety probably. Prob more things to rotate through now rather than it being gone entirely

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

It was added every month buddy.

Time for a change.

hmmm fair enough. i was thinking the same thing.
well to me, it was also kinda a good motivation to get people in the guild to go into wvw.

i.e.
“guys, lets wvw tonite, everyone to time fill up your monthly 50/50 WvW kills quota!”

Variety probably. Prob more things to rotate through now rather than it being gone entirely

aye i hope so. dun wanna see ANET give in to whiners just like that.

Posted by: CameronJames.4897

CameronJames.4897

Give in to whiners?? What if I don’t want to play WvW. EVER. From the start they’ve said you can play how you want to play. And I don’t want to WvW. I’m not whining I just don’t want it. WHo cares if your games are gunna suck now because no one does it because it’s rubbish. If it was that good, no one would need an incentive to play, like being forced to in order to do your monthly.

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

i hated that requirement. I hate WvW, I hate that they forced me in that god awful place.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Aldracity.9463

Aldracity.9463

The problem with the 50 WvW Kill monthly was that you had to be in a strong-ish WvW server and be capable of logging on at the right times, or you might possibly not get any credit at all over a multi-hour play session.

If it was something like 20 WvW events participated (succeed or fail, barring supplies maybe) then it would probably be more even while still encouraging WvW participation.

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

I think this may be a win for WvW. Get the bads (myself included) that were only there to check off their 50 kills out of WvW and leave it to the people who enjoy it.

Rotate in the kill requirement occasionally to encourage people to give it a try… or put in a ‘Complete X WvW events’ component….

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

Posted by: Magistrella.6970

Magistrella.6970

WvW =/= PvE how about that? Everything else in dailies/monthlies is PvE, why the heck should we do WvW to get our monthly done?

get over it, most people hate WvW

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Because Zerg vs Zerg is boring

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

because 500 salvages is so much better!

NOT.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Because the vocal minority on the forums keeps yelling until they get what they want, the most dumbed down and casual game ever where you get your monthlies by sitting in LA and you get through your dungeons by killing a series of critters.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

Because the vocal minority on the forums keeps yelling until they get what they want, the most dumbed down and casual game ever where you get your monthlies by sitting in LA and you get through your dungeons by killing a series of critters.

that’d be awesome then I could just go wvw much longer!

Posted by: mikoolios.2453

mikoolios.2453

Did the monthly really encourage anyone to actually participate in WvW? I figured most were like me and grabbed an alt to leech XP off the zerg while making sure I tagged people with one shot a piece at range. WvW has almost no appeal to me, I really wish they’d seperate it into its own monthly – give laurels for that too, even! I don’t see why PvE players should be forced into WvW, or why WvW players should be forced into PvE.

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

And you are definitely not yelling on the forum trying to get what you want.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

And you are definitely not yelling on the forum trying to get what you want.

obviously. if we don’t yell they’ll keep adding more changes that only the purest PVE player could enjoy. 500 salvages? that’s not even game play.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I will have 500 salvages before the end of the month without trying. Just because you don’t do it doesn’t make it stupid.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Because not everyone likes Greifers and Zergs and Champion Wooden Doors…500 Salvages any day thanks

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

WvW =/= PvE how about that? Everything else in dailies/monthlies is PvE, why the heck should we do WvW to get our monthly done?

get over it, most people hate WvW

WvW is PvE.
get over it already.

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

WvW is PvE.
get over it already.

I know Stormbluff Isle Invader looks like an NPC and even sometimes acts like an NPC (with broken AI), but he/she is not an NPC.

I second the sentiment that it would be preferable for the dailies/monthlies to be separated better. If I want to do nothing but PvE, I should be able to do so. If I want to do nothing but WvW, I should be able to do that as well. If I want to stick to sPvP… well, you get the idea.