Why was Karma income nerfed by ~90%?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

Q:

Dear Anet,

I understand that the general consensus among players and developers was that Karma was too trivial, next-to-useless excluding Obsidian Shards and way too easy to get and turn into gold. This certainly warranted some changes, but why did you took away a lion’s share of the pot? There certainly was a middle ground between present and previous states:

- Daily now gives 600 karma instead of the 5 000 from a jug
- Monthly now gives 6 000 karma instead of 50 000 from the 10 jugs
- Dungeon and champion karma rewards gutted
- failed event karma gain removed.
The karma income numbers above from previous patch were the bare minimum: with karma modifiers that daily 5000 could almost double.

The increase in karma item’s content is highly insignificant as there are almost no sources left that even give karma consumables. The aspect of this whole matter that baffles me the most is that you combine this huge change with an increased need for karma in form of the obsidian shards being used for high level crafting. May I ask, what is your goal here?

Also another important point is that the legendary crafting is bottlenecked by karma income. One million karma is an enormous amount to spend and if a player earns 3k-5k karma per day without running braindead karma trains it will be a major point of frustration for all the active legendary crafters.

I beg you for a minute of your time to clarify the reasonings behind karma changes to the community.

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

(edited by Asko.4120)

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Why am I unable to upvote this thread?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

the daily x1 karma jug and monthly x10 karma jugs were working fine,

they broke it with the new update

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

I was wondering the same as I too would really like an answer to that question.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I was wondering the same as I too would really like an answer to that question.

I think it’s because it’s a Question/Answer thread. I’ve checked a few other Q/A threads, and you can’t upvote the question posts on any of them.

And yes, I too would like to know the answer to this question. I’m hoping it’s a good answer.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The aspect of this whole matter that baffles me the most is that you combine this huge change with an increased need for karma in form of the obsidian shards being used for high level crafting. May I ask, what is your goal here?

Crafting is bottlenecked.

See? You answered your own question.

ANet is designing or modifying feature after feature to slow down players who race to their goals. This started with the revelation last fall that some of ANet’s “most dedicated fans” had gotten their exotics and dungeon sets faster than ANet expected them to — and were threatening to move on unless Anet gave them something to do.

Since then, we’ve gotten time-gated laurels, time-gated FotM dailies, punishing RNG for fractal weapon skins, craftgate, and more low-chance RNG than you can shake a stick at. Now karma gain is down, presumably to make the small amounts from DE’s more “desirable,” with the side effect that those goals that require it will take more time.

Your desire to get things more quickly is conflicting with ANet’s desire to keep you around. And they control what goes into the game.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Wow, I really hope this is not true. I hope this is a bug introduced in the new patch. Otherwise it’s just one more horrible design decision introduced with this patch!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Your desire to get things more quickly is conflicting with ANet’s desire to keep you around. And they control what goes into the game.

Which is unfortunate.

My goal is to get BiS gear and my preferred cosmetic options for weapon and armor quickly so that I can play the game for as many hours as possible with my character’s toys, all the while spending large amounts of money in the gem store. Anet’s decision to disallow the first makes the latter two unlikely.

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

I think that’s a bit of a conspiracy theory there, suggesting that they are gating karma hardcore just to keep people playing longer.

I think it’s far more likely that karma jugs will be on the gem store soon, but they didn’t want to make this karma nerf at the same time or people would quickly come to that conclusion. I’m thinking November or December- karma jugs on gem store.

IndigoSundown.5419

I think that’s a bit of a conspiracy theory there, suggesting that they are gating karma hardcore just to keep people playing longer.

I think it’s far more likely that karma jugs will be on the gem store soon, but they didn’t want to make this karma nerf at the same time or people would quickly come to that conclusion. I’m thinking November or December- karma jugs on gem store.

So, it’s a conspiracy theory to see that many design decisions have one thing in common — it takes longer to reach goals. However, it’s not a conspiracy theory to suggest that it’s “far more likely” that they’ll sell karma in the gem store.

O_o

BilboBaggins.5620

While I dislike a LOT of the recent changes ArenaNet has made, I don’t think they’ll ever sell karma on the gem store. That would really make this game P2W and definitely be an ‘I quit’ moment for me.

EDIT:
No Vale, please don’t encourage bumping, that’s spamming a thread and it will get this topic locked or deleted. Continue discussion as much as you want, but please no bumping or ‘me too’ only posts as it’s the quickest way to end this thread.

(edited by BilboBaggins.5620)

Posted by: Vale.9387

Vale.9387

Bump this over..and over..and over again.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I had way too much Karma, that I was running out of things to use it on. Over 7 million from the start of the game until now. And that’s only a fraction of the Karma gains of some players.

I’m glad they reduced the output. With Karma being so easy to get, it made it less desirable to get. Plus, now that there’s no Karma gain from failed events, that gives more incentive to people to actually succeed for the awards.

I say “Good Job” Anet. A well welcomed change.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

BilboBaggins.5620

I had way too much Karma, that I was running out of things to use it on. Over 7 million from the start of the game until now. And that’s only a fraction of the Karma gains of some players.

I’m glad they reduced the output. With Karma being so easy to get, it made it less desirable to get. Plus, now that there’s no Karma gain from failed events, that gives more incentive to people to actually succeed for the awards.

I have no problem with removing karma reward from failed events, but we all don’t have 7 million karma and the nerf to dailies and monthlies is ridiculous imho.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I believe you are alone in you’re likes.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

bad move actually.

the karma rewards should remain the same.

they could introduce karmapensive items for players to spend on.

say, buy time gated ascended tokens with karma.

for example,

Karma Ascended Weapon Part A
- Karma Token A1
- Karma Token A2
- Karma Token A3
- Karma Token A4

Karma Ascended Weapon Part B
- Karma Token B1
- Karma Token B2
- Karma Token B3
- Karma Token B4

Karma Ascended Weapon Part C
- Karma Token C1
- Karma Token C2
- Karma Token C3
- Karma Token C4

Karma Ascended Weapon Part D
- Karma Token D1
- Karma Token D2
- Karma Token D3
- Karma Token D4

16 tokens total, each token costs 100,000 karma to buy.
only one token can be bought per day
total 16 days and 1,600,000 karma required.

shove all into mystic forge to make karma ascended weapon of choice!

boom!
everyone is happy!

edit:
hmmm i’ll make a new tered regarding this and see what people think.

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

Posted by: Scryed.9423

Scryed.9423

Yeah can you fix this? I don’t like running dungeons only to get nothing, yet be forced to grind karma from terribad meta events. I honestly dont care if you nerf it, but getting almost nothing from these is pretty RIDDIK, chronicles of.
Why the decision? At least have the balls to answer to your player base when you do something aside from just sitting there saying nothing about it.

On the plus side can I get karma when I buy items for money at least, or maybe when I’m playing the TP game, since that’s 99% of the game these days?

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

The only problem is karma was not the reason people were failing the events. Mob drops were. It in no way really cures that problem.

BilboBaggins.5620

The only problem is karma was not the reason people were failing the events. Mob drops were. It in no way really cures that problem.

Very true, but karma gained from failed events were so small that i won’t miss them either way. Removing the jugs of karma from daily and monthly achievements however is going to severely hamper me.

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

Very true, but karma gained from failed events were so small that i won’t miss them either way. Removing the jugs of karma from daily and monthly achievements however is going to severely hamper me.

Oh i agree. Going from 40000 min for monthly to 6000 was a bit of a slap to the face.

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

I for one think that this was still the right way to go. Changes that have been made since the game’s launch have made Karma easier and easier to obtain, leading it to becoming the functionally useless number that it was(with some exceptions). Last year, Karma was only available from Dynamic Events and was character bound. Since then, they’ve added karma to dailies and monthlies, dungeon trips, bosses, and the occasional consumable. The ability to gain karma had long outgrown people’s ability to spend it, and a pull back was long overdue. Now that they’ve added ascended crafting they’ve toned down people’s ability to get karma.

Go out, do events, play the game with people. Its all they want. Its all they’ve ever wanted. You’ll still earn more than enough karma.

Posted by: RollingBob.8502

RollingBob.8502

Or leave it and allow the option of a charge of a little in karma for waypoint travel? I could go for that. I think it would have me socializing a whole lot more. The WPs would become like mini LAs where people stop and say hi to others they see regularly. Because the general flow of traffic will tend to funnel people through the same paths. Control traffic and you can foster easy PvE stytle, what I call “solo grouping”. Imagine what it would have meant for the scarlet invasions.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Went from 1 JUG of Karma to 1 DROP of Karma per day. Intended? A mistake? Or, a bold and flagrant rip-off? It SHOULD BE at least a Vial for dailies and Swigs for monthly.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

I see that this karma nerf was included in the list of game updates, so it must be deliberate. But I haven’t seen a good reason why they would do this (yet).

Has Anet actually given a statement on this? I have more bits of temple armor to buy, I really hope they reverse this, even in part.

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

Yes because a game developers goal is to not keep you playing the game, it is a obvious conspiracy! Ok ok, thing is Colin J was interviewed at Pax and he basically said they didn’t like how easy it was to obtain exotics, so they introduced ascended and are now happier with the time frames they think it should take players to obtain gear.
http://youtu.be/Jy7CcwnfUdU?t=2m2s
Now while I realize this example does not directly pertain to karma, I want you to think about what he is saying here. Anet has a time frame in mind for players to achieve certain tasks and have seen fit to go about enforcing that time frame. Possible motives could simply be just to keep people playing because they are amoral greedy game developers muhahaha (partial sarcasm but only partial), but most likely it’s to buy themselves time to figure out the direction they want to go with the game in terms of actual content.

BilboBaggins.5620

I for one think that this was still the right way to go. Changes that have been made since the game’s launch have made Karma easier and easier to obtain, leading it to becoming the functionally useless number that it was(with some exceptions). Last year, Karma was only available from Dynamic Events and was character bound. Since then, they’ve added karma to dailies and monthlies, dungeon trips, bosses, and the occasional consumable. The ability to gain karma had long outgrown people’s ability to spend it, and a pull back was long overdue. Now that they’ve added ascended crafting they’ve toned down people’s ability to get karma.

Go out, do events, play the game with people. Its all they want. Its all they’ve ever wanted. You’ll still earn more than enough karma.

Oh I do play in the world. I don’t chase these silly LS farming updates. But I do spend a LOT of karma to unlock every recipe for every crafting profession. I’ve purchased a LOT of karma gear and ingredients and I’m not sitting on a stockpile of karma.

I might be in the minority here, just like I’m in the minority of not farming these silly LS farm fests that has everyone yelling at each other in chat. But even if I am in the minority, why should I be penalized especially at a point where karma is needed to unlock ascended recipes? Also it was really “nice” of ArenaNet to give us the laurel vendor to spend all of our laurels on fun items as a little reward for doing dailies and monthlies only to lock other ascended recipes behind laurel purchases.

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

grind, grind grind some more..i think we already have a pretty long holy grind wars 2 thread going. this change to karma is another nod to the grind.

Posted by: RollingBob.8502

RollingBob.8502

By contracting the karma supply, maybe they have further plans to make it more valuable otherwise?

How valuable is karma really?

A popular karma purchase is fine salvage kits, that isn’t a huge windfall or anything but useful, and puts karma at a hair over a penny a point.

Orrian jewelry boxes are also a popular karma sink, at 4500ish a pop. Hard to put a cost on them as they give back a small karma refund. On average I think they are probably worth about 50 $ilver apiece for their content, so one karma = 1 copper is still pretty close.

What else? Chef wares? A penny a point still seems pretty accurate. Karma gear? 42k karma at a penny a point is kind of a high but reasonable midpoint for most pieces of common exotic gear on the trading post. That is a little iffy too, but has anyone come up with an average?

You could burn karma for rares to throw in the forge, but that is an order of magnitude higher cost (95k karma for a 1gold item). Not recommended (though I had done it before orrian boxes became available)

(edited by RollingBob.8502)

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

Actually, an addendum to my previous post. While I do like a lot of how dungeons have been tweaked in the recent patches, the removal of karma from completion does bother me, something of which I hadn’t noticed earlier. Perhaps add some degree of karma to the 1/day/path bonus chest.

IndigoSundown.5419

Yes because a game developers goal is to not keep you playing the game, it is a obvious conspiracy! Ok ok, thing is Colin J was interviewed at Pax and he basically said they didn’t like how easy it was to obtain exotics, so they introduced ascended and are now happier with the time frames they think it should take players to obtain gear.
http://youtu.be/Jy7CcwnfUdU?t=2m2s
Now while I realize this example does not directly pertain to karma, I want you to think about what he is saying here. Anet has a time frame in mind for players to achieve certain tasks and have seen fit to go about enforcing that time frame. Possible motives could simply be just to keep people playing because they are amoral greedy game developers muhahaha (partial sarcasm but only partial), but most likely it’s to buy themselves time to figure out the direction they want to go with the game in terms of actual content.

I think both. Businesses consist of people, and people don’t all think alike (just look at these forums ;p). ANet consists of both people responsible for producing the content and people responsible for decisions that affect the viability of the company. Remember though, which group is in charge.

Seriously, I doubt anyone at ANet is sitting there saying, “Let’s slow people down to kitten with them.” I do think they might be saying, “Let’s slow them down for the good of the game.” At the end of the day, they get to decide what the good of the game is.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

this is actually a good decision, because karma was really way too easy to obtain in huge amounts with the game havign by far not enough options currently to spent Karma for.

Decreasign the amount of karma from consumeables leads automatically that getting karma out of events becomes more important and people will do again more events to get their karma, other than just hording stacks of consumable karma items only from dailies/monthls and other ways …

Then theres also the karma booster, we have account karma bonus with that we can permanently increase our karma income..

Don’t oversee the actually real great improvements, only because of your own sefishness making you blind for what is actually good for the game, while there are still more than enough ways to make enough karma in the game to get everythign what you want with it ..

Most players in GW2 should have anyway multiple millions of karma to have more than enough karma for the next years to spent, unless your selfish mind doesn’t brought you up the idea to waste instantly all the karma for that jewl box item (4500 karma a piece) that is used to make out of karma gold basically by selling the loot you get from it that is sellable.

Anet has just counterbalanced the reward.. for the adding of the luck increasing items, they decided that to balance this out they give us lesser karma, while exp and money stayed the same…

I personally would even find it better if they would completely remove karma and would increase therefor the money reward part, because really, we just get more than enough karma from just doing only events while playing normally or doing dungeons…

Really, people will surely always find something to QQ about, even if the changes are actualy good for the game as they lead to more players playing again the game as it is intended to be played to gain karma in the first way as main source by doing events/dungeons/wvw ad not only by farming dailies/monthlies using karma boosters at the moment when you just click your stacks of consumeables through.

Let’s slow people down to kitten with them.” I do think they might be saying, “Let’s slow them down for the good of the game.” At the end of the day, they get to decide what the good of the game is.

^ THIS

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

Dungeons don’t give anything of worth these days. Not even karma? really? screw that.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Because we’re gonna have to buy important stuff with Karma soon I’d wager, so they want us to grind more.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Because we’re gonna have to buy important stuff with Karma soon I’d wager, so they want us to grind more.

Yes there’s a plan behind this that we don’t know about yet.

It may well involve the “cash shop”.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

A reduction in karma can only mean one thing; a reduction in player currency earnings.

As the players earning from in game currency reduces; they should feel 2 forces. One of them is that they will feel the need to play longer to get the currency they need to buy what ever they want. The other is a desire to purchase gems to convert to gold.

Arenanet can suppress the exchange rate of gems to gold at will and keep it at the level they want it to be. The result would be to keep the gems conversion to gold ratio attractive for players to exchange from real currency. Ascended weapons and armor fits with this change in game direction almost perfectly.

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

Ultimately I feel that people with massive amounts of karma are saying
“Oh this change is fine, I have 6 billion karma. Tis fine to nerf now trololol”

Right now, it just seems that Anet want the level of grind increased. Many players are now well established and this change has almost zero effect on them. I do feel quite lucky since I’m in a position where I do have enough karma to be getting on with. I just feel that this change is much more harmful to newer players and really, it just makes things tougher for them. Their pace of progression is slowed down, but mine isn’t really affected.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

AFAIK Anet always miscounts their zeroes judging from the 21 karma weapons ages ago and the recent 1000% bonus glory from birthday boosts. Since they said they intended to BUFF karma consumables while removing it’s ability to be modified by karma boosts, I think it’s meant to be 6000 karma from a jug rather than 5000 but this time Anet messed up and missed out a 0 so it’s 600 instead, hold onto them until it’s fixed?

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

Seriously, get over it. It’s called balancing. The karma intake was way out of whack with what could be purchased with it for most players. They’re fixing it, but introducing things to buy with karma which are actually good (people complained about the uselessness of karma endlessly in other threads) and reducing the rate at which you can earn it.

I also think it’s a welcome change, and I’m not one of the people with millions (or even 1 million) karma in the bank. Even without farming, I was able to gear up my main with karma exotics at 80 quite easily, and though that was fun in a way, it also felt too easy.

Posted by: olleandersson.9408

olleandersson.9408

I’ve got 2 legendaries which i worked hard for to get, it took me quite some time, i’ve played actively since release. I did my daily dungeon runs, flipped some items on the trading post and ran some events in Orr. I’m now going for my third legendary with currently 1,2k karma on my account. I just bought the obsidian shards needed for the clovers, it took me 230 shards (~490k karma). I wasted ALOT of time getting the mats and all i need is obsidian shards. Oh well, i guess it’s going to take me another 2 months to get it now, since the karma income is a joke. Players aren’t doing events in the open world, so the karma income for trying to do that with 3-4 other players is pathetic. What they’re doing is champ farming, which doesn’t result in any karma whatsoever.

Thank you ANet, i love you.

~ [LuPi] Lupi Stole My Bike ~
Melee ranger since launch.

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

It’s definitely too harsh of a change. I suspect they want to introduce something new that uses karma, but they don’t want everyone to have so much karma banked that they can get it right away.

Maybe we’ll see ascended pieces at 1mil karma each.

Because that’s not impossible to get at less than 25% of the previous intake or anything.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

Hawken.7932

I’ve got 2 legendaries which i worked hard for to get, it took me quite some time, i’ve played actively since release. I did my daily dungeon runs, flipped some items on the trading post and ran some events in Orr. I’m now going for my third legendary with currently 1,2k karma on my account. I just bought the obsidian shards needed for the clovers, it took me 230 shards (~490k karma). I wasted ALOT of time getting the mats and all i need is obsidian shards. Oh well, i guess it’s going to take me another 2 months to get it now, since the karma income is a joke. Players aren’t doing events in the open world, so the karma income for trying to do that with 3-4 other players is pathetic. What they’re doing is champ farming, which doesn’t result in any karma whatsoever.

I don’t know what server you are on, but “players aren’t doing events in the open world” is completely inaccurate on my High (high, not very high) population server. There are events, champions, temples and world bosses being done every where I go, from low level to high level zones. I’ve never seen the world so active, at least not since launch.

Posted by: Bloody Rhapsody.3810

Bloody Rhapsody.3810

These changes are terrible. The karma reward system was fine but now it is totally broken. Daily was the major source of karma. If they nerf it by 90%, they should also reduce the price of temple armor by 90%.

Temple armor was the easiest way to obtain exotic PTV armor for new players to get prepared for WvW or dungeon. Before patch, it requires ~10 daily which is a reasonable amount of time because you can probably get a full set in around a month. But now it is 70 daily, more than 2 months, for a single piece of exotic.

And this change wouldn’t encourage people to complete events because each event only gives around 20-400 karma according to wiki. So you need to complete >100 events for one exotic. This certainly becomes a grind. New players now have to grind for exotic. I still have millions of karma so it doesn’t affect me right now. But for new players, this change is crazy.

Edit: I am not saying that the reduction of daily karma itself is unacceptable. I am talking about the karma reward system as a whole is now broken. They shouldn’t nerf the karma gain but leave all the prices unchanged.

(edited by Bloody Rhapsody.3810)

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

I don’t know why the hell you’d complain about the karma nerfs just to complain about nerfs.

It’s part of the plan to make karma more valuable as a whole. One of the ways to make something more valuable is to decrease the supply. In addition, they’re probably going to put in some new rewards later involving karma. Obviously if karma were still easy to get then, they’d just make the new shiny karma thing cost 3 times more to make it relatively the same amount of effort to get. The only real questions is do they do it by shorting you on the supply or by making the price tag ridiculous?

If it seems like they’re just making obsidian and orrian crap boxes harder to get, it’s to get everyone to dump all their karma into that crap before rolling out the good stuff.

And the daily was an absurd amount of karma for the effort anyway. You’d get 10 events worth of karma for the daily butt-scratching. People were rolling in millions of karma without even trying. All that does is make events irrelevant. If the focus of karma gain is shifted back to events, then it’s for the better. Events, a main selling point and feature of the game, should be more rewarding than the stupid dailies.

But by all means, demonize balance.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

Posted by: olleandersson.9408

olleandersson.9408

I don’t know what server you are on, but “players aren’t doing events in the open world” is completely inaccurate on my High (high, not very high) population server. There are events, champions, temples and world bosses being done every where I go, from low level to high level zones. I’ve never seen the world so active, at least not since launch.

What server are you on? I’ll definitely have to guest that one

~ [LuPi] Lupi Stole My Bike ~
Melee ranger since launch.

Hawken.7932

Gandara… EU. I find the population great. Never problems finding people for events, the last month especially.

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Would be nice if they could just revert it back 1 day so i could use my 2 stacks of karma jugs.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Yes there’s a plan behind this that we don’t know about yet.

It may well involve the “cash shop”.

How? I seriously doubt ANET will start using Karma to buy stuff from the cash shop, because, then NCsoft won’t get money to put into their greedy little pocketses.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

Congrats to you. I have 1.5 million so I am not in any desperate need either right now, but new players are still joining this game.

I don’t mind the karma removal from failed events, but I do feel karma was one of the few things that just came naturally by playing the game. I liked that. It was something that you wouldn’t get over night but something that you would accumulate over time.
With the changes, I think anyone new at the game that desires ascended weapons or a legendary weapon are forced to specifically grind for karma.

I have said it before but I´ll say it again: There is enough things in this game that feels a bit (too) grindy atm. I don’t see why karma should be added to them.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

A well welcomed change because you have stockpiled enough karma? I have 4k million, I thought that Karma was overabundant but a nerf of 50% was more then enough.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Congrats to you. I have 1.5 million so I am not in any desperate need either right now, but new players are still joining this game.

I don’t mind the karma removal from failed events, but I do feel karma was one of the few things that just came naturally by playing the game. I liked that. It was something that you wouldn’t get over night but something that you would accumulate over time.
With the changes, I think anyone new at the game that desires ascended weapons or a legendary weapon are forced to specifically grind for karma.

I have said it before but I´ll say it again: There is enough things in this game that feels a bit (too) grindy atm. I don’t see why karma should be added to them.

Because karma is a good method to quantify general effort.

Gold doesn’t represent effort. It can be earned all sorts of different ways, grinding, buying, market-milking, or getting a stupid lucky precursor drop. Tokens are specific to one section of content.

In other words It’s perfect for the grind

When you’re thinking “accumulate over time” you mean laurels. That’s the currency that just rolls in for doing dailies. There’s no need for a green and pink flavor of the same thing.