Why was the Pet and WXP windows shuffled?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Drant.5902

Drant.5902

The Pet Management window that allowed you to select a pet has their icons shuffled. The pets used to be arranged so that the same species has their icons contiguous (blue moa followed by white moa followed pink moa icons). Now the pet icons are all over the placed, seemingly random.

Likewise with WvW Abilities Points window, the abilities are shuffled. Before the two guard stacks (Guard Killer / Defense Agains Guards) rows are next to each other, and other complementary abilities’ rows were contiguous. Now everything is shuffled without obvious order.

The arrangement of the pets and WXP abilities before made sense, but since the 2015-01-13 patch there appears only chaos. Attached are the before and after screenshots.

Attachments:

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

In your first picture only the Moa makes any sense, rest is random.
The WvW thing on the other hand… ewww

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

As far as I can tell both were equally random before and after. Admittedly the moas and spiders used to be grouped in the pet window but the rest were all jumbled. Now they’re all jumbled. I could never see any order to the WvW ones.

As for why my best guess is they’re planning to add new pets and WvW abilities in the expansion and something they changed behind the scenes in preparation for that has caused the order to change.

Either that or it’s one of those things where computer code just does that sometimes. At some point someone changed something which seems totally unrelated to this, and it caused the order to change as well.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

New pets?

I want my warthog back. I named him Bad Hair Day.

Attachments: