Why was this removed?

Why was this removed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Honestly, it’s so much better than the launcher we currently have, if it’s because you think it can’t fit the info, there’s a LOT of room near the log in panel to put it in.

Why was this removed?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Don’t remind us… it’s too painful.

Why was this removed?

Posted by: Mouhappai.5406

Mouhappai.5406

It is not. If the current log in screen was the beta screen and vice versa, you’d be asking why the beautiful landscape background was removed and how much better the old one was.

It happens all the time in video games. It’s not really the login screen that you like, it’s the ego involved that matters, and that people want what they don’t have.
Why was this feature removed? It’s so much better than what we have now!
Why was this idea scrapped? It’s so much better than the current one!
This fan made content is awesome! The game is balanced now, the devs could take a few lessons from this guy!

Attachments:

Why was this removed?

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

IT WAS EPIC and they removed it SOOOOOOOOOOOOoo much fail COME on

Why was this removed?

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

iv just download the video from tube sweet memory

Why was this removed?

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

an option to use the old login menu would be very nice.

Why was this removed?

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

It is not. If the current log in screen was the beta screen and vice versa, you’d be asking why the beautiful landscape background was removed and how much better the old one was.

It happens all the time in video games. It’s not really the login screen that you like, it’s the ego involved that matters, and that people want what they don’t have.
This fan made content is awesome! The game is balanced now, the devs could take a few lessons from this guy!

Thanks for the info!

Oh, where did you go to college for your psych degree?

Why was this removed?

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

It was replaced with the current launcher, which is better because it allows you to log into the game without typing your password; saves a bunch of time.

I’d much rather have that, than to see a animated screen just to type a password in.

Why was this removed?

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

That screen was the launcher, not the character select screen. And while the current launcher is practical, I very much prefer the look of the beta launcher, despite never playing in the beta.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Why was this removed?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

an option to use the old login menu would be very nice.

We had that option for a while but they disabled that too

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Why was this removed?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It was replaced with the current launcher, which is better because it allows you to log into the game without typing your password; saves a bunch of time.

I’d much rather have that, than to see a animated screen just to type a password in.

So, was it impossible to keep the animated screen and add the saved password? I would have thought that was something possible for them to design.

Why was this removed?

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

Yeah that login screen was so nice.

I remember pre-downloading the game before beta weekends went live and I was so giddy just staring at that screen

Hehe