Why we hear nothing but Silence from ANet?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

China is getting smooth release, while we’re dealing with issues and problems. Sighs…

None of which are game-breaking and thus ArenaNet is rightly focusing on something that might very well decide the future of the company.

The sudden zerging of badly scaling events is not gamebreaking? It breaks a whole lot of events, dude.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

If a developer came on here and wrote “Orange”, would that be satisfying?

I see what you did there.

Attachments:

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The sudden zerging of badly scaling events is not gamebreaking? It breaks a whole lot of events, dude.

Does it make the game mechanically unplayable?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Lishtenbird.2814

Does it make the game mechanically unplayable?

Yes. Off the top of my head: broken bugged non-teleporting non-dieing Taidha; broken Megadestroyer triple defence event; broken Angaria event at Arah where no mobs spawn.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Just out of curiosity, have you filed bug reports for these things?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

lordkrall.7241

Yes. Off the top of my head: broken bugged non-teleporting non-dieing Taidha; broken Megadestroyer triple defence event; broken Angaria event at Arah where no mobs spawn.

I understand that it can be inconvenient and annoying, but does it actually stop you from accessing something in the game right now that is required in order to progress?

If not, it is not game-breaking enough to warrant taking resources from a top-priority issue (Chinese launch) for it.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

China is getting smooth release, while we’re dealing with issues and problems. Sighs…

None of which are game-breaking and thus ArenaNet is rightly focusing on something that might very well decide the future of the company.

So True – THEIR JOBS are at stake. If China goes well, they will be able to hire more and do more.

If your job was at stake, wouldn’t you focus on what is needed to keep it going?

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

Here’s what it comes down to:

Yes Anet is busy and understandably so. Especially with the china release I hope they do an excellent launch and wish it well, and they are under some pressure.

But the FACT that not ONE staff member can take 2 minutes to type something like “We have read and considered the feedback about the feature patch, we will work something out after the china release” is ridiculous and almost insulting that they can’t spare 2 MINUTES to at least HINT at us that we exist and our feedback matters to them. We deserve some sort of answer.

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

lordkrall.7241

Yes Anet is busy and understandably so. Especially with the china release I hope they do an excellent launch and wish it well, and they are under some pressure.

But the FACT that not ONE staff member can take 2 minutes to type something like “We have read and considered the feedback about the feature patch, we will work something out after the china release” is ridiculous and almost insulting that they can’t spare 2 MINUTES to at least HINT at us that we exist and our feedback matters to them. We deserve some sort of answer.

And if they did people would still complain about them not doing enough, or just giving empty promises or answering the wrong issues and so on.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

And if they did people would still complain about them not doing enough, or just giving empty promises or answering the wrong issues and so on.

Either way people will complain until it’s fixed yes, but the fact that people would know Anet will do something about it may calm a lot of people down + stop the flow of players leaving to a trickle

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

lordkrall.7241

Are people actually thinking that they are not going to do anything at all? Seriously?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Dusty Moon.4382

Either way people will complain until it’s fixed yes, but the fact that people would know Anet will do something about it may calm a lot of people down + stop the flow of players leaving to a trickle

I don’t see players leaving maybe you do. It is a game without a sub so people leaving and coming back is the norm.

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Someone typing “we’re looking into it” is not going to stop someone leaving contrary to what you might think.

They asked for feedback by creating forum threads with specific titles. They ask for commentary. You will obviously get some good ones and some bad ones. But it always depends on the work that was put into it.

Not everything is whining. There is quality feedback with suggestions and solutions to different problems that the Feature Patch has created. So you can’t throw it all in one bucket. How will they know if the playerbase is happy and if there are any problems presented? They can only test so much since those problems seem to squeeze through QA team.

If they don’t want to hear problems that certain features make the community face, then it’s egoistical to ask for feedback. “Tell us what you think, but only if you like it.”

But forums are supposed to be a place of communication between players and developers. We’re at the point where the communication is:
players → Developers
Developers || Players

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Someone typing “we’re looking into it” is not going to stop someone leaving contrary to what you might think.

They asked for feedback by creating forum threads with specific titles. They ask for commentary. You will obviously get some good ones and some bad ones. But it always depends on the work that was put into it.

Not everything is whining. There is quality feedback with suggestions and solutions to different problems that the Feature Patch has created. So you can’t throw it all in one bucket. How will they know if the playerbase is happy and if there are any problems presented? They can only test so much since those problems seem to squeeze through QA team.

If they don’t want to hear problems that certain features make the community face, then it’s egoistical to ask for feedback. “Tell us what you think, but only if you like it.”

But forums are supposed to be a place of communication between players and developers. We’re at the point where the communication is:
players -> Developers
Developers || Players

Sorry, but I have no idea what your reply has to do with anything I said.

I didn’t mention anything about feedback being bad or whining or anything like that.

I was commenting on msalakka’s statement that if devs come to the forums and said “we’re working on it”, that people would not leave.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Romo.3709

Are people actually thinking that they are not going to do anything at all? Seriously?

Wouldn’t be the first time.

“Fractured”

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

There a lot of things they never fixed, a lot of issues they havent addressed, There are things they said they want to do that they appear to have made little progress on.

The reality is, while it is not guaranteed that they will do nothing, it is also not guarantted they will do something.

We have had very little info even suggesting that they think this is a problem/priority.

So yeah its probably 50/50 whether they are going to do anything about this stuff within the next 6 months or not.

lordkrall.7241

The fact that they have blatantly stated that they are monitoring and working on improving the MegaServer would very much suggest that they are indeed going to do something.
But I suppose it is better to assume they are simply lying about that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The fact that they have blatantly stated that they are monitoring and working on improving the MegaServer would very much suggest that they are indeed going to do something.

Based on their previous responses and track record, yes I would say it would be much better to assume that, you are far more likely to be right and not disappointed that way.

phys.7689

you are being overly positive, you have to take an objective look at what they said.

• “Although we’re excited that you have more players than ever to explore the open world of Guild Wars 2 with, our work is not yet complete. Our megaserver team will continue to monitor the performance of the technology on live and evaluate your feedback. We will continue to tweak and update the way the system works until it is providing even better megaservice!”

they didnt acknowledge any issues here.
they said they will look at feedback
they said they will monitor and tweak.
tweak means “improve (a mechanism or system) by making fine adjustments to it”

All they actually said is, megaservers are out, we will tweak it, and someone will read your feedback.
This is what they actually said. This is a far cry from an announcement of intent to change/fix anything. In fact the word tweak implies they wont be making any major adjustments to the system or issues caused by the system.

They basically put out a statement, that you can try to put whatever value you want on, but its actually saying nothing. They are not lying. They just didnt actually say anything.

also note, if they havent told us what things they would like to improve, or what things arent performing as expected, we have no idea what their improvements might be.
The goal of their improvements might be, going from 63% of time you are with your guild to 65% of the time. Yes its an improvement, but it doesnt really solve much

(edited by phys.7689)

lordkrall.7241

our work is not yet complete

Isn’t that saying exactly that there are issues that they need/want to solve?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Lheimroo.2947

Lheimroo.2947

Perhaps so.

It’s not such a leap to think that when there are issues that people have been bringing up that haven’t been addressed since launch. And other issues about things introduced that haven’t been changed except in token ways.

Until we have a clearer idea of Arenanet’s actual intentions with some of the stuff they’re putting out, we can’t really say what they’re likely to do.

Take the issue with adept traits being mostly attainable in very high-level content. Is that intentional? Is there some rationale about providing long term goals? Don’t know.

Until I do know, I can’t know if they’re going to address the idea of an adept trait forcing you to complete a level 70-80 zone in a way that would solve the conceptual mis-match on my side.

Dusty Moon.4382

Perhaps so.

It’s not such a leap to think that when there are issues that people have been bringing up that haven’t been addressed since launch. And other issues about things introduced that haven’t been changed except in token ways.

Until we have a clearer idea of Arenanet’s actual intentions with some of the stuff they’re putting out, we can’t really say what they’re likely to do.

Take the issue with adept traits being mostly attainable in very high-level content. Is that intentional? Is there some rationale about providing long term goals? Don’t know.

Until I do know, I can’t know if they’re going to address the idea of an adept trait forcing you to complete a level 70-80 zone in a way that would solve the conceptual mis-match on my side.

Have you played GW1? Elite Skills were normally found in hard areas (max level areas) of the game. I can see why A.Net has done this as an achievement to player who actually played through the game and not doing the constant, mindless ‘champ trains’.

lordkrall.7241

I have only checked about half of them right now, but the vast majority of the Adept traits are obtainable in low to medium-level zones.

The highest I saw was in a lvl 60-70 zone, which might be seen as a bit high, but then again you don’t actually unlock traits themselves until lvl 30 nowadays.

You can also buy them very cheaply from trainers.
But I agree, maybe they should take a look at it, but it isn’t really anything even close to game-breaking.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

phys.7689

that doesnt mean the issues they want to solve are the issues anyone else wants to solve. Its basically political speak, you can take anything you want from it, but you can never actually bring it up as proof of anything.

its an mmo, is their work ever complete to start with? What work is not complete? are you going to complete your work?

you want to see it a certain way, but to be honest nothing they said is really concrete or actionable. If they never change a single thing, every word they said there could still be 100% true. Therefore its evidence of nothing

Lishtenbird.2814

No, it may as well say they still haven’t added all the issues they wanted to.

I understand that it can be inconvenient and annoying, but does it actually stop you from accessing something in the game right now that is required in order to progress?

If not, it is not game-breaking enough to warrant taking resources from a top-priority issue (Chinese launch) for it.

According to you, if my Personal Story is bugged, I can go create another character and to his/her PS instead. According to me, not being able to play a part of the game because of coding issues is a game-breaking thing.

I’ve been reporting and listing bugs till the moment I got tired of being a beta-tester and seeing that most of reported things were never touched. My amount of good will towards ANet has been depleted, and I for example do not want to waste my MF booster time reporting yet another bug of which they should be aware of by checking their logs.

lordkrall.7241

No, it may as well say they still haven’t added all the issues they wanted to.

According to you, if my Personal Story is bugged, I can go create another character and to his/her PS instead. According to me, not being able to play a part of the game because of coding issues is a game-breaking thing.

Why would they knowingly add issues? But I suppose if one want to validate hating everything about the game one can see stuff like that.

No, that was not what I said, and a bugged Personal Story mission is very much blocking progress.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Lheimroo.2947

I have only checked about half of them right now, but the vast majority of the Adept traits are obtainable in low to medium-level zones.

The highest I saw was in a lvl 60-70 zone, which might be seen as a bit high, but then again you don’t actually unlock traits themselves until lvl 30 nowadays.

You can also buy them very cheaply from trainers.
But I agree, maybe they should take a look at it, but it isn’t really anything even close to game-breaking.

Actually, many of the adept traits have higher/more time-intensive requirements than the master or grandmaster traits. In general, there’s a sense in the trait feedback thread that the reward/effort ratio is significantly borked, in addition to the changes hampering experimentation while leveling.

Again, I guess my point isn’t about the specific gripes themselves; it’s just that we lack any real insight into the developer mindset. It’d help players focus the feedback; going from ‘This feels bad!’ to ‘This doesn’t accomplish what you wanted, because of X, Y, and Z’.

phys.7689

Perhaps so.

Have you played GW1? Elite Skills were normally found in hard areas (max level areas) of the game. I can see why A.Net has done this as an achievement to player who actually played through the game and not doing the constant, mindless ‘champ trains’.

they arent elite skills though, they are random traits from your trait pool. Whatever your 5th lines number 6 trait is in frost gorge sound. Doesnt matter if it sucks or is awesome.
Its also the traits you are supposed to have access too in the range of level 36-60. The game has level difference modifiers, its not really feasible to do map completion in frost gorge at 60.

but hey, maybe you are right, and its supposed to be an end game trait, we really dont know because arenanet hasnt made a comment one way or the other on it at all.

lordkrall.7241

Actually, many of the adept traits have higher/more time-intensive requirements than the master or grandmaster traits. In general, there’s a sense in the trait feedback thread that the reward/effort ratio is significantly borked, in addition to the changes hampering experimentation while leveling.

Wasn’t the issue that they were obtainable in very high-leveled content? Feels like you are changing the issues here. What is the actual issue? Is it an issue for the sake of being and issue or is it actual issues?

People have been shouting for GW1-ish skill-hunting since release more or less. This is basically that. And now people don’t won’t that either for some reason.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

phys.7689

Wasn’t the issue that they were obtainable in very high-leveled content? Feels like you are changing the issues here. What is the actual issue? Is it an issue for the sake of being and issue or is it actual issues?

People have been shouting for GW1-ish skill-hunting since release more or less. This is basically that. And now people don’t won’t that either for some reason.

what he is saying, is from a balance perspective, its actually easier to get the level 80+ traits, than it is to get the lower level(level 36) traits. Which is counter intuitive. He also said that maybe that is as planned, but we really have no clue as to why they did what they did. A lot of it doesnt make conventional sense to people playing the system.

Lheimroo.2947

There’s a few people that don’t like the idea of hunting traits, but I would say that most people like the concept that’s been put in but have issues with the specific implementation.

In brief, the push-back of traits to level 30 makes leveling feel less exciting early on, and having adept trait ‘tasks’ attainable in zones twenty+ levels higher than when you theoretically are suppose to have access to them feels bad.

The issue isn’t super pronounced for master and grandmaster tiers because they’re generally attainable ‘at level’.

Sure we can buy them, but we’re gamers! Most of us are going to feel bad going to the vendor when there’s suppose to be a gameplay way of attaining them.

(edited by Lheimroo.2947)

Nike.2631

I’ve been reporting and listing bugs till the moment I got tired of being a beta-tester and seeing that most of reported things were never touched. My amount of good will towards ANet has been depleted, and I for example do not want to waste my MF booster time reporting yet another bug of which they should be aware of by checking their logs.

I’m sorry to hear you’re no longer part of the solution, though I can’t fault your loss of patience.

You might want to consider just taking a break for then next week or two while they finish up in China. While I think the content folks are probably still inching along behind the scenes, the hard-coders have got to be up to their eyeballs in last minute chaos and probably won’t be putting out anything less than fully catastrophic fires until after the launch.

We don’t have to like it, but understanding it provides a certain measure of calm. Personally, I don’t have to have a red-name come and explain it to me to work it out from the info we do have. But maybe a community rep will be by to add a few words.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Interesting point, but this isn’t “GW1-ish skill-hunting”. You don’t get a new skill you get a trait. It’s more equivalent to the quests you did to to earn more attribute points in GW. Sadly, this slap-a-feature in the game concept is totally lost on players. The new trait system actually takes away more then it adds. That’s the sort of thing that gets people fired up and for good reason.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Romo.3709

It’s not. Skills and traits are two very different things.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

It’s not. Skills and traits are two very different things.

Not really. Both are tools the player uses to create a build.

The devs have said the reason they done this with Traits was because the actual Traits themselves didn’t have a method of aquisition tied to progression (as in all Traits are unlocked when you have enough points to put into a line), whereas skills have (skill points).

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

lordkrall.7241

Interesting point, but this isn’t “GW1-ish skill-hunting”. You don’t get a new skill you get a trait. It’s more equivalent to the quests you did to to earn more attribute points in GW. Sadly, this slap-a-feature in the game concept is totally lost on players. The new trait system actually takes away more then it adds. That’s the sort of thing that gets people fired up and for good reason.

It isn’t really that much different though.
You get tools for creating your build, just like in GW1.

And comparing the traits to GW1s attributes is rather incorrect. The attributes didn’t really effect combat all that much in GW1 (other than more or less locking you out of using certain items if you didn’t have enough points), while the traits in GW2 basically changes how skills work.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

You might want to consider just taking a break for then next week or two while they finish up in China. While I think the content folks are probably still inching along behind the scenes, the hard-coders have got to be up to their eyeballs in last minute chaos and probably won’t be putting out anything less than fully catastrophic fires until after the launch.

If this drought of communication and bug-fixes is seriously because of the China launch, they should rethink something, because they obviously don’t have the resources to support a third region (completely separate from the other two, by the way.) That’s just supremely idiotic to pull all of your resources from the stable playerbase that still needs work and put them on an unstable, unproven playerbase. It causes tension and distrust in your loyal playerbase. That’s not even putting all your eggs in one basket. That’s taking your eggs from the basket, putting them in a plastic bag, and swinging them around at the guy who sold them to you.

Even if there are still folks supporting the NA/EU regions, the fact the only communication we’ve received has been the exact same thing you see in 8 month old necro’d forum posts that have gone nowhere leads us to assume our concerns will fall by the wayside.

Lheimroo.2947

Ya, let’s bring this back to the issue of communication.

There’s a perfectly suitable thread already for the trait discussion.

Nike.2631

If this drought of communication and bug-fixes is seriously because of the China launch, they should rethink something, because they obviously don’t have the resources to support a third region (completely separate from the other two, by the way.) That’s just supremely idiotic to pull all of your resources from the stable playerbase that still needs work and put them on an unstable, unproven playerbase. It causes tension and distrust in your loyal playerbase. That’s not even putting all your eggs in one basket. That’s taking your eggs from the basket, putting them in a plastic bag, and swinging them around at the guy who sold them to you.

Even if there are still folks supporting the NA/EU regions, the fact the only communication we’ve received has been the exact same thing you see in 8 month old necro’d forum posts that have gone nowhere leads us to assume our concerns will fall by the wayside.

I’m trying to see how in the broader MMO industry the notion of stepping out for a month is all that radical.

Have we really been that conditioned by the 2-week cadence of the Living Story to lose our minds because they’ve been busy elsewhere 16 days? Your definition of “drought” as it applies to bug fixes must come from some other language than English because there have been 8 patches since the features pack with the most recent only 5 days ago.

And really, this silence people are harping on is grossly exaggerated. There’s still new entries in the Dev tracker daily (excluding weekends). I guess Chris will be happy to know that people are pining so fiercely for the CDIs. Because outside of an unusual gap in those, I’m still seeing various devs poke their heads in once in a while in their respective areas – tracing problems in the Personal Story arc, John Smith teaching economics lessons, the occasion “Hmm, that might be a good idea for PvP ranking” chatter. Pretty much business as usual on that front.

How much hand holding do we really need? Yes, a glossy front page announcement of LS Season 2 would be nice, but I’m thinking I can guess what it’s going to be about .

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

You asked for the dev’s response and they responded saying they are busy. What else do you want? Maybe some of the dev’s are on vacation or they are short staff’ed or what not.

That said, I don’t think we really need another CDI since they have proven to be a waste of time.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Nike.2631

I’d say the promotable blades backpack was probably the most wildly successful drop/gear item they’ve ever released – and it came DIRECTLY out of the horizontal progression CDI, so I disagree with your assessment .

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

The CDI is not Kaput at all. I have just been extremely busy like the rest of the team and as I have said before there is absolutely no point in doing a CDI if we cannot contribute properly to it.

A new CDI will be coming shortly! Thanks for your patience.

These two statements seem to contradict each other. Or are we to assume that this time you totally pinky swear that you’ll be serious about communicating with the players in the CDIs? So far, even the best of them have been something less than a discussion, and a few have felt more like a suggestion box attached to a paper shredder.

That said, good luck with the China release. After all, the better it sells, the bigger and more devastating the crash if you don’t get your kitten together before they get annoyed and leave the game.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

This sums up my feelings. To the ANet dev that posted: thank you. Ya’ll are very busy with the China release and I respect that.

What I don’t respect is that ya’ll appear to have dropped everything to work on China. You hit NA/EU with the Megaserver, lied about the full implementation time, dove headfirst into China and proceeded to act like we don’t exist. It’s obvious now that you forced the full Megaserver on us so that we would be your beta testers and you could get the algorithm right for the Chinese release.

And you know what? That would have been fine with me if you communicated it properly. The fact that none of you can take two minutes to post in the feedback threads saying “We’re aware of issues X, Y and Z and we’re tweaking the algorithm and looking for other solutions,” is just ridiculous at this point. It suggests to us that you do not care about the NA/EU communities, that we are simply a means to an end (proper Chinese release.) Even if that’s not true, which I don’t think it is, it’s what it feels like from our end.

If you have the resources to release the game in a third market, you have the resources to give us a real feedback response. You mean to tell me that 100% of your staff is working on Chinese release? That you didn’t leave anyone to handle the Megaserver feedback hoopla?

What if I was a store owner, and in opening a new store I took all the staff from the original store and proceeded to ignore the (longtime) patrons of the original store? If my customers of years were calling, sending emails, showing up in person, asking desperately “What is going on, why is no one here? and I just ignored them? How well do you think that would go over? What would that say about me and my business?

You really screwed the pooch on this one guys. You’re going to have to really work to win back the good will you’ve lost with this fiasco.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

you are being overly positive, you have to take an objective look at what they said.

• “Although we’re excited that you have more players than ever to explore the open world of Guild Wars 2 with, our work is not yet complete. Our megaserver team will continue to monitor the performance of the technology on live and evaluate your feedback. We will continue to tweak and update the way the system works until it is providing even better megaservice!”

they didnt acknowledge any issues here.
they said they will look at feedback
they said they will monitor and tweak.
tweak means “improve (a mechanism or system) by making fine adjustments to it”

All they actually said is, megaservers are out, we will tweak it, and someone will read your feedback.
This is what they actually said. This is a far cry from an announcement of intent to change/fix anything. In fact the word tweak implies they wont be making any major adjustments to the system or issues caused by the system.

They basically put out a statement, that you can try to put whatever value you want on, but its actually saying nothing. They are not lying. They just didnt actually say anything.

also note, if they havent told us what things they would like to improve, or what things arent performing as expected, we have no idea what their improvements might be.
The goal of their improvements might be, going from 63% of time you are with your guild to 65% of the time. Yes its an improvement, but it doesnt really solve much

truth
I haven’t been here in a week and I haven’t really played since mega server was rolled out on all maps.

Luckily I have another beta key for the other game that I am trying out, this weekend.

GW2 broke my confidence completely with this- sorry but unless you can/will fix this nonsense I really have better things to do with my time.

You threw me and player who are like me under the buss

Edit: considering I would have happily spent the next 5 years buying gems, seems pretty stupid. GG

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

I’m trying to see how in the broader MMO industry the notion of stepping out for a month is all that radical.

Have we really been that conditioned by the 2-week cadence of the Living Story to lose our minds because they’ve been busy elsewhere 16 days? Your definition of “drought” as it applies to bug fixes must come from some other language than English because there have been 8 patches since the features pack with the most recent only 5 days ago.

And really, this silence people are harping on is grossly exaggerated. There’s still new entries in the Dev tracker daily (excluding weekends). I guess Chris will be happy to know that people are pining so fiercely for the CDIs. Because outside of an unusual gap in those, I’m still seeing various devs poke their heads in once in a while in their respective areas – tracing problems in the Personal Story arc, John Smith teaching economics lessons, the occasion “Hmm, that might be a good idea for PvP ranking” chatter. Pretty much business as usual on that front.

How much hand holding do we really need? Yes, a glossy front page announcement of LS Season 2 would be nice, but I’m thinking I can guess what it’s going to be about .

Can you point to any other game that, when expanding to a new market, took their resources from their stable markets instead of expanding themselves? Did Blizzard stop talking on the forums when WoW was released in China? Did Riot tell the NA playerbase, “Sorry folks, but we’re launching in China soon, so unless the servers are on fire, you’re gonna have to wait for some indeterminate length of time until we aren’t launching in China anymore.”? Can you actually name any industry where “We’re going to ignore you for a couple months while we launch in another region” goes over well?

The vast, vast, vast majority of dev tracker posts are Gaile, then CC, then random threads that really have no consistency. Mesmer and ranger damage too strong in PvP? Dev’s on top of that! Warrior gets an extra 180 power and 40 precision due to a trait bug? Temple of Balthazar and Megadestroyer bugged? Certain infused ascended celestial rings didn’t get the stat boost? Fractal drops bugged? Necro minions AI bugged? No response, sorry, we’re just too busy! Megaserver caused guild missions to become even more tedious? Trait/Hero UI abysmal? Skyhammer map still glitching out? China China China! We can’t hear you, la la la!

Look at pretty much every other game on the market right now. The communication is much more consistent. You get a reply when your bug report is added to the tracker, even if it’s an automated one. You have devs responding to major concerns instead of dismissing them or just flat-out ignoring them in favor of what are obviously their pet issues (e.g. anything that hampers their favorite PvP class or anything that buffs the others.)

We don’t need to know anything about LS s2. No one is even talking about that. There are major concerns with the things they’ve implemented and bugs that go back months that still haven’t been fixed. Those are the issues that need attention, and instead, they think it’s kosher to put their devs on this release in China because apparently they’re so starved for cash, they can’t afford any more people.

Edit: I should add, Gaile and CC and their customer support staff do a great job. I’m sure their devs are trying their best, too. It seems like the problem stems from management and higher-ups — the ones deciding who works on what.

(edited by ceol.9175)

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

You really screwed the pooch on this one guys. You’re going to have to really work to win back the good will you’ve lost with this fiasco.

Or you’ll have to downgrade your expectations for developer involvement on the forums.

It is nice to see that the predictions made by myself and others that a simple “we are reading this” confirmation would be considered insufficient turned out to be true, though.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Or you’ll have to downgrade your expectations for developer involvement on the forums.

It is nice to see that the predictions made by myself and others that a simple “we are reading this” confirmation would be considered insufficient turned out to be true, though.

Didn’t see that one coming! Here’s a tough one, see if you can predict how many cans of beer are in a six-pack.

phys.7689

when did they say they were reading it? you mean chris whiteside? he dropped in to say the cdi isnt dead. Which is actually something with respect to the cdi, but has little to do with any of the massive feedback they have gotten.

I mean i assume someone is reading it, then again a community mod mentioned that that the threads are so long even they cant actually read it, to properly moderate it, so please report problems.

point is I wouldnt assume anything about this process. We can write our own stories about the caring anet who is trying their kitten dest but are totally flustered by massive amounts of work on china, or work on mega servers. But we would just be writing our own stories, we really have no clue whats going on, or what their intents are.

Just like when you really like that person, and they havent called, they must be busy, or maybe something happened to them, or they really want to call you but they cant. Or
maybe….., they just dont want to call you.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

when did they say they were reading it? you mean chris whiteside? he dropped in to say the cdi isnt dead. Which is actually something with respect to the cdi, but has little to do with any of the massive feedback they have gotten.

I mean i assume someone is reading it, then again a community mod mentioned that that the threads are so long even they cant actually read it, to properly moderate it, so please report problems.

point is I wouldnt assume anything about this process. We can write our own stories about the caring anet who is trying their kitten dest but are totally flustered by massive amounts of work on china, or work on mega servers. But we would just be writing our own stories, we really have no clue whats going on, or what their intents are.

Just like when you really like that person, and they havent called, they must be busy, or maybe something happened to them, or they really want to call you but they cant. Or

I posted this earlier…

https://twitter.com/TemplarCW

@hurradurra Sorry just read this,been a little busy. We are reading and discussing all the feedback and will evolve the system

There is you’re feedback

Looks like some of them are in China…

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

phys.7689

I posted this earlier…

https://twitter.com/TemplarCW

@hurradurra Sorry just read this,been a little busy. We are reading and discussing all the feedback and will evolve the system

There is you’re feedback

Looks like some of them are in China…

ahhh twitter, the devil. Would have thought they would post that in one of these threads, but ehh whatever its more than i thought id see at this point actually so kudos to that.