Why zerk is better than most armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

In other games, while doing dungeons, you need 3 types of people, a healer, a tank and a dps, main reason for that is because combat isn’t flexible, so you have to face tank the damage from any boss, not a lot of ways to evade and no ability to attack while moving, in gw2, we have tons of way to avoid taking damage and we can move while attacking so we don’t really need a healer or a tank, we just get dps, if you bring enough dps, you can take down any boss pretty quickly the whole encounter becomes a joke, that’s why zerk is considered better than most armor, because the more time you spend in a boss the higher the risk of wiping, and it’s not that hard taking down any boss with a full zerk party if they know the boss and understand his mechanics.
This doesn’t include fractals

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

(edited by Bismuth.3165)

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

That last bit there is where the sticking point is. For me, almost every run is the first one at a boss or path . . . so I don’t know what it is. So people have yet one more (of four) reasons to not pick me :P

. . . why exactly should I care about dungeons again?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Bismuth.3165

That last bit there is where the sticking point is. For me, almost every run is the first one at a boss or path . . . so I don’t know what it is. So people have yet one more (of four) reasons to not pick me :P

I’m pretty sure you can find people willing to help you with dungeons very easily, even if you write new to the dungeon, at first, it’s better to go pvt or knight then go zerk, maybe zerk with a few pvt trinkets, go zerk when you understand the boss and know how to counter him.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m pretty sure you can find people willing to help you with dungeons very easily, even if you write new to the dungeon, at first, it’s better to go pvt or knight then go zerk, maybe zerk with a few pvt trinkets, go zerk when you understand the boss and know how to counter him.

I use Soldiers/Knights almost exclusively because when I was going Honed or Strong I wasn’t quite feeling the strength.

I also sometimes am able to sync my schedule with the guild group who does dungeons now and then, so I do eventually get a chance. But with a lack of experience with the dungeons, the groups I do get into often just seem confused when I don’t know what to do

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

I use Soldiers/Knights almost exclusively because when I was going Honed or Strong I wasn’t quite feeling the strength.

I also sometimes am able to sync my schedule with the guild group who does dungeons now and then, so I do eventually get a chance. But with a lack of experience with the dungeons, the groups I do get into often just seem confused when I don’t know what to do

You can also try to learn the mechanics from online guides and videos. There are tons even on the official wiki.

When you get the hang of things don’t upgrade all your gear at once. Just a piece here. and alternate. Replace a low tier piece of your knight, like gloves, or boots. Then replace a your soldier accessory. Go back and forth like that till you hit that point where you are finding it hard to stay alive. When you are there, go back one step and either stay comfortable there or practice more to get your ability up to a level where you can get more berserker in your build.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

The reason why zerk is king is not the absence of the holy trinity, the reason is because the encounteres are basically designed to play to zerker’s strengths, as well as completely gimping other stats.

Almost everyone knows the plethora of issues around condition damage, from being just down right weak in its scaling (compared to zerker stats), as well the condition caps (more than one condition spec’d player attacking the same target results in hitting the cap, resulting in much damage simply not being registered). Healing power also scales horribly.

As for toughness and vitality, the reason why other methods of damage mitigation render these stats almost useless in comparison to zerker stats, is because almost every incoming attack from PvE enemies occur so infrequently that the player is able to dodge or otherwise mitigate nearly every incoming attack. Another thing here is that many attacks from PvE enemies are so powerful that it really doesn’t matter if you are a glass cannon, balanced, or a tanky build, as you will go down in just about as many attacks anyways.

Basically all that needs to happen to increase the value of defensive stats is buff healing power’s scaling, and have enemies attacking more frequently with softer attacks. The zerker can dodge every single one of the lethargic, one/two shot kill attacks, but they cannot dodge a multitude of smaller attacks.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Basically all that needs to happen to increase the value of defensive stats is buff healing power’s scaling, and have enemies attacking more frequently with softer attacks. The zerker can dodge every single one of the lethargic, one/two shot kill attacks, but they cannot dodge a multitude of smaller attacks.

So, you intend to make most content impossible for zerk geared people to complete because they’ll get killed by the sustained damage?

The reason zerk is better is because all gear is capable of doing all content.

And and zerk does it faster than the others, so it’s better if you can handle it.

Surbrus.6942

Yes, making content impossible for [unskilled] zerk geared players would be wonderful. PvE content is ridiculously easy, which is one of the reasons for why zerk is so much better. Not having a holy trinity has nothing to do with the low difficulty level… the low difficulty is almost entirely due to lazy implementation of encounters, and appealing to low skilled players too much.

(edited by Surbrus.6942)

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yes, making content impossible for [unskilled] zerk geared players would be wonderful. PvE content is ridiculously easy, which is one of the reasons for why zerk is so much better. Not having a holy trinity has nothing to do with the low difficulty level… the low difficulty is almost entirely due to lazy implementation of encounters, and appealing to low skilled players too much.

As a veteran of the Pokke Village hunters, I totally appreciate the idea of requiring skill and practice if you choose to go for power over protection.

On the other hand, don’t think protection is all that cracked up right now in GW2.

Bismuth.3165

I mentioned this before, but the only way to have people use healing builds is if they upgrade it, like if you have over 1k healing, any fury you do will give a 30% increase instead of the average 20%, and 2k healing will give 40%, same thing for, same thing for might, the color of these should change, fury has a yellow color, make it blue or green, showing that it’s an upgraded fury, and do the same for other buffs like retaliations or aegis, if you have over 1.5k healing and you give aegis, aegis doesn’t just block 1 attack, it block 2, and over 2k healing might even reflect 2 attacks instead of just blocking, do this for all the buffs and people will get healing builds.

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

It’s because the only way to be battle efficient currently is to just deal damage. Crowd control, condition damage, heals, buffs, de-buffs, damage elements/properties are simply either non-existent or just have a negligible effect in combat to be considered as efficient as simply dishing out damage.

The thing is though, there is no point talking about this now because this is a fundamental issue rooted in game mechanics. To improve this means overhauling the combat mechanics which also means that most content needs to be re-balanced or redesigned.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Again i blame Anet for these issues if all builds were optimal and not just dps for the win these threads wouldn’t exist, yes you can go other builds but they suck compared to zerker, its not zerkers fault really its Anet’s and their classes/gear /dungeons.. etc.

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

Go full zerker on Arah p4.

If your whole team is full zerker you gonna have a hard time.

Of course, COF or other easier ones zerker indeed shines.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Again i blame Anet for these issues if all builds were optimal and not just dps for the win these threads wouldn’t exist, yes you can go other builds but they suck compared to zerker, its not zerkers fault really its Anet’s and their classes/gear /dungeons.. etc.

Strangely, “DPS for the win” worked for a lot of other things I recall. I do recall EQ used to have the issue of bosses not being mechanically difficult but rather having insane health pools or automatic invincibility kick in, or “it’s 20% health, time to start plowing some players over”. The few battles which had odd mechanics I recall were not often well-received by the people I talked to while I still played. The words “cheap” and “unfair” often came up.

I’d like tougher bosses in general. Heck, I’d like a Demi-Fiend level tough boss just to shake things up. Make them evolve their attack patterns or available powers, or do the Shiro thing with “Impossible Odds” for the lolz to the Zerkers doing massive amounts of damage . . ..

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

There’s not much to get.

When you do the same thing over and over again, and said something isn’t that hard after the first few tries, then you can focus on doing it faster.

Although to be honest, it’s probably better that way. Forcing people to equip defensive stats would give a gear check kind of feeling. This way, skill still makes the difference. (ie a bad zerker player is useless, but a great zerker player can do a lot more)

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Surbrus.6942

Or if you have a good party, it doesn’t matter which dungeon path you do, as full zerk will be the best. I cannot recall a part of Arah4 that wouldn’t benefit from a full zerk party. Melee zerking Lupi and everything, zerk just makes it easier if you know what you are doing.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Well if it was the stander 3 then the dps could be in zerk all the time with out the need to try any thing else. You would also have a tank in only tank gear and try nothing else and you would have support in healing gear and nothing else. Your just asking for the class to be build one way by asking for the 3 way system at least in the non 3 way system the more open way you CAN try out new things.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

Or if you have a good party, it doesn’t matter which dungeon path you do, as full zerk will be the best. I cannot recall a part of Arah4 that wouldn’t benefit from a full zerk party. Melee zerking Lupi and everything, zerk just makes it easier if you know what you are doing.

Yes, you can bring 4 warriors and a mesmer to melee lupi.
And every other class can die in a hell fire.

Running the whole instance is a whole different story.

I bring both sets (zerker and a bunker one — pvt + kngith) and change my skills/build accordinly. But saying that the whole team could simply be zerker at same time, not sure about that. Doable, indeed, but far harder.

That been said, I do agree that outside FotM and Arah there is no reason not to be zerker.

Posted by: Onis.2418

Onis.2418

I agree that zerker is the best gear in game and that after you’ve learnt the boss moves, it’s the only reasonable gear for anyone to take.

But… if you’re a casual/play with casuals, you play for fun and variety and you’re not a min/maxer, other builds are viable too. There’s a lot of people who don’t mind if their dungeon takes 30mins instead of 15 mins, as long as they enjoy it, because they’re going to go through maybe 1-2 dungeons in a day anyways and it’s much, much more about the experience they have rather than how fast they can do it.
If you got a support/tank build of some sort in the group, you’ll notice these sort of groups are a lot more fun when you can keep everyone up and going instead of soloing the whole thing yourself (which is just awkward).

I would also like to point out that pretty much every player that went into the mode of “I’m going to learn the kitten out of this game” that I know of, quit the game in maybe 2-3 months because in the end the game doesn’t have very much content for hardcore pve’rs. The game isn’t very complicated to learn in the end – I personally would suggest rolling whatever class you want and enjoying the other aspects of the game, if it’s possible. I don’t say everyone should… I clock about 1500 hours as a casual player currently, and I’ll admit to sometimes tasting the hunger for blood when a dungeon group fails and I find myself trying the solo the kitten out of that dungeon for few hours…

Well, my point pretty much is that berserker is the best set for players that know their dungeons, yes, but it’s not the only viable set. You can get through content with other sets as well.

Edit: And yes I think it’s OK that you take only zerkers to your dungeon groups if you’re going for optimal output and kicking them in case they lack the armor you required – just like it’s OK for casual dungeon group to require others to have manners and being able to kick for the lack of them.

(edited by Onis.2418)

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

another reason is with pvt armor you could survive 2 boss hits but instead of doing 3k+dps you do 1k~ dps. Making it take longer and increasing the risk of wipe. And its impossible to outheal 15k+ boss attack. Thats why you can’t facetank them.

Bismuth.3165

I’m not saying other armor is bad, I’m saying a zerk party can take down most of the bosses pretty quickly compared to other parties, and if you bring enough dps in the party the boss may even seem like a joke, cof p1 is the greatest example

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

In other games, while doing dungeons, you need 3 types of people, a healer, a tank and a dps, main reason for that is because combat isn’t flexible, so you have to face tank the damage from any boss, not a lot of ways to evade and no ability to attack while moving, in gw2, we have tons of way to avoid taking damage and we can move while attacking so we don’t really need a healer or a tank, we just get dps, if you bring enough dps, you can take down any boss pretty quickly the whole encounter becomes a joke, that’s why zerk is considered better than most armor, because the more time you spend in a boss the higher the risk of wiping, and it’s not that hard taking down any boss with a full zerk party if they know the boss and understand his mechanics.
This doesn’t include fractals

zerk is not the best, it just happens to be the favorite for the e-pen kiddos because it does big dmg.

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

zerk is not the best, it just happens to be the favorite for the e-pen kiddos because it does big dmg.

wat

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

That’s why it’s best because for 99% of the game you need dps, dodge and ress. Dodge and ress are fixed, the rest is dps.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Survivability is very important, so if one person does happen to go down, the entire party doesn’t have to wipe. I’ve fought a boss with only two people while the rest of the party just waiting for us to finish the boss because they died and we couldn’t stop to res them. There were times that run that if I was just full zerk gear with no defense I would’ve easily died.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

And who knows if with full damage boss would have been dead way before people had died?

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

It sounds like we need Hard Mode in Guild Wars 2 in combination with some very minor tweaks to the impact attributes outside of Power, Precision, and Critical Damage.

I’d love more of a skill based mode like they had in Guild Wars, not that hard mode ended up being very hard for long due to power creep and players adapting to AI buffs and changes, but it was definitely more enjoyable than steamrolling everything in Normal Mode.

The challenge with doing a Hard Mode in Guild Wars 2 is that player power isn’t normalized. Max stat gear isn’t readily available and with the unknown impact of the remaining ascended gear to be released, it’s hard to have a baseline to work off of. Of course the workaround could be that in a Hard Mode ANet assigns fixed stats, but how would that mesh with build diversity, could it even work? Doesn’t sound simple.

I think the game could use some more skill targeted content though, I know I’d like to use my brain a little more in PvE.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Fact is only one imo: high damage ever=fastest kill ever=less damage taken. Even with a 5 guardian party you are more in risk than a great zerk party.

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

The assumption I am reading off this is that everyone is equally high skilled kind of player. Most players aren’t that kind of "I can dodge ANYTHING and need no survival gear to win’ kind of players. I’m not even talking about casuals vs hardcore. players, in general, are typically averagely skilled, some are better some are worse. So i cant really accept that longer runs= more risk. ive seen too many wipes occur because ppl try to just dps through a boss and do not prioritize group survival. Ive seen many people who did such runs feel very much happier at completing it more safely with some team mates that assist in survival for the team. most even say its faster (because lack of wipe, so before any of you say those “l2p” lines, again, not everyone can be THAT skilled)

Mind you, i dont fault zerker gear specifically. I like to have some zerker gear at times too. I just think it (full zerk) requires a skill threshold that not a majority of players have. so for me, for a gear to be considered better, it has to very good/useful/powerful in the hands of the less skilled, and even more so in the hands of the skilled.

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

There’s no healers or tanks in this game, so why wouldn’t I go all out DPS…….

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

And yet Anet brings out more and more stat combo’s, makes you wonder if they know something the zerkers don’t huh?

Will be interesting to see what happens when they bring in more stats and traits.

I think the fact that the game is still in it’s infancy combined with the tendency to just burn down whatever in the absence of trinity has led to the so called soft trinity not being properly developed.

I think their original intent was that players seek out different ways to control mobs, buffs/ debuffs, dot and direct damage -this has not happened, because it is easier for the min/max speed crowd to just dps.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Zeppelin.6832

Zeppelin.6832

The problem is that defensive stats like toughness and vitality simply don’t scale with the damage of NPC mobs in PvE.

In PvP, player damage has an upper limit because there is no gear progression… so you get a lot more bang for your buck with defensive stats.

PvE mobs don’t have that same upper limit, and their damage can and does continually scale upwards to the point where even if you’re maxed out completely in defense, you’ll reach content that will 1 shot you if you’re hit.

So then you have to be much more reliant on active defenses like dodge rolls, shields, blinds, etc… and if that’s your only defense, there’s really no reason to have anything but dps armor and a dps spec or the fights just drag on in length.

(edited by Zeppelin.6832)

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

It depends on the fight…I wouldn’t wear full zerk in the jubilee! Unless I’m fightig in the guantlet. In current dungeons, yes, zerk is ideal.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Berserker (or Rampager, depending on your profession) are the best sets for a majority of scripted dungeon encounters. Most of those feature slow, staggered attacks that are designed to be blocked or dodged, and are extremely punishing if screw up and take a big hit. In those fights, there’s little reason to take more defense than is necessary to survive a single hit; you’re not going to get enough defense to take multiple big hits in a row.

When you have encounters that feature ticking AoEs, or lots of fast attacks, defensive stats start to become extremely valuable and directly translate into DPS, as they give you more time to deal damage. For better or worse very few dungeons feature foes with those sorts of attacks.

In WvW or sPvP defensive stats are very relevant, since you cannot dodge every single incoming hit by memorizing your foe’s scripted pattern.

The way most people seem to play open world PvE involves running past most mobs to get to resource nodes and zerging events where your own contribution to damage is minimal; for that style of play it’s not obvious at all that zerker gear is ideal.

Berserker is really a dungeon set, and particularly well suited to the ‘easy’ dungeons that people farm regularly and have the patterns down for cold. If that’s what you’re doing it’s probably the best set and you should use it. Just don’t think its strength in that particular area means it is the best set for everything.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

So, you intend to make most content impossible for zerk geared people to complete because they’ll get killed by the sustained damage?

The reason zerk is better is because all gear is capable of doing all content.

And and zerk does it faster than the others, so it’s better if you can handle it.

Pretty much this.

You can clear a dungeon wearing all clerics, all carrion, or all knights. It doesn’t really matter. You can finish, it’s just a matter of how long it takes. If you go in all zerk, you can dps faster, thus clearing it faster. Assuming you stay alive, zerk is the fastest and most efficient way. It’s not the only way, it’s just mathematically the best way at the moment.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The problem with GW2, is that it greatly undervalues the importance of ROLES in teamplay. The developers were so focused on advertising their you-can-dodge combat and you-can-play-solo content, that they undervalued roles.

So, you get mechanics like condition capping and defiance that balance the game at the cost of roles and build diversity, you get dodge-or-die skills that render defensive stats nearly useless, etc.

PvE needs an improvement in several aspects: it needs better enemy encounters, it needs better balancing mechanics (defiance is horrible), and it needs better counters. Weakness can render a berserker geared, dodge-driven character useless, and warriors aren’t exactly the best profession out there to remove conditions. They would need to sacrifice something for more conditino removal, or rely on their allies. Cripple is a pretty big counter to them too, especially when enemies can move around. Likewise, professions like elementalists and engineers would bef ar more useful if their support and control abilities were meaningful.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Flawed logic, always. No offense, as you are not the only one who thinks this way, by a huge margin (though I admit, it’s not too hard for DPS to overpower most content in the game-quite sadly.)

Every Profession fulfills “traditional roles” in one, not just DPS. You heal yourself, revive others, support yourself and others, and do damage. How is it logical to say that because there’s no trinity, you MUST neglect every other capability your character has?

I suggest ANet makes it more even for all other stat choices, though I doubt DPS lovers will ever change their mind, even if encounters would be re-designed. There’s too much “if there’s no trinity, let’s just focus on DPS!” mob-mentality in the game. Which would be fine, if they wouldn’t be intolerant of everything else and stopped calling others “selfish” and similar silliness for not playing the game the way they play.

Posted by: Chullster.3608

Chullster.3608

Flawed logic, always. No offense, as you are not the only one who thinks this way, by a huge margin (though I admit, it’s not too hard for DPS to overpower most content in the game-quite sadly.)

Every Profession fulfills “traditional roles” in one, not just DPS. You heal yourself, revive others, support yourself and others, and do damage. How is it logical to say that because there’s no trinity, you MUST neglect every other capability your character has?

I suggest ANet makes it more even for all other stat choices, though I doubt DPS lovers will ever change their mind, even if encounters would be re-designed. There’s too much “if there’s no trinity, let’s just focus on DPS!” mob-mentality in the game. Which would be fine, if they wouldn’t be intolerant of everything else and stopped calling others “selfish” and similar silliness for not playing the game the way they play.

I think he means not that there are no healers etc, but that healers and tanks are a waste of time in GW2, which is quite correct.

OP made me laugh with his last line about zerk being best in all “but Fractals” when this is exactly where it’s most obvious that zerk is the top of the pile.

Stuff one shots you in high fractals no matter your gear, so why take anything other than offensive gear? ie zerker. It’s not just a waste of time taking anything else, it’s also most obvious that anything defensive has no effect or use.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

The problem with GW2, is that it greatly undervalues the importance of ROLES in teamplay. The developers were so focused on advertising their you-can-dodge combat and you-can-play-solo content, that they undervalued roles.

The problem is that, short of the Healer and Tank roles, no other stats on the gear support some kind of role. And GW2 was made specifically as a game that eliminated the healer and tank roles.

Want to play a CC warrior? Does Toughness increase your CC durations? No? Then go Zerk armor.

Healer builds can work but healing power as a stat isn’t good enough. Zerk builds group heal nearly as well as Cleric builds and the DPS loss of the later isn’t worth it. A kind of semi healer build that works and could be useful is a team condition removal oriented one. Does healing power allow your Cleansing Wave to remove 2 conditions instead of 1? No? Zerk armor it is then.

I DO want PvE to have much more role variety, but in the current itemization system, Zerk will still be the king because the stats on your items only serve two roles : making you lose your own HP bar slower, and making the mobs lose their HP bar faster.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Condition duration does help some forms of CC, but why bother, if those effects aren’t useful?

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Zerk gear kills faster than most gears since GW2 has no diverse damage source (ie: Magic, Physical, etc…) and the mobs has little to no damage mitigation (ie: Resistant to Physical – which would make crits do less damage and conditions more damage, thus diversifying the builds required)

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I wish it wasn’t so, but yes you summed it up well.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Using gear with stats that buff yourself and don’t add anything to the team is selfish, e.g. toughness which makes it possible for you to take more damage but doesn’t help your party take more damage.

Now if you would get over the fact that it’s selfish and stop crying, that would be awesome.

Intolerant players should just play with each other. That way there’s no need for name-calling, as they would never encounter these so-called “selfish” players they so much complain about.

In case it’s not clear, what’s annoying is that some of you call other people selfish without knowing them, just because they don’t prefer your playstyle. Your gear is OK, as well as thinking it’s the “best way” to play. What’s wrong is your intolerance and lack of respect for people who don’t think the way you do.

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Intolerant players should just play with each other. That way there’s no need for name-calling, as they would never encounter these so-called “selfish” players they so much complain about.

In case it’s not clear, what’s annoying is that some of you call other people selfish without knowing them, just because they don’t prefer your playstyle. Your gear is OK, as well as thinking it’s the “best way” to play. What’s wrong is your intolerance and lack of respect for people who don’t think the way you do.

To be fair… They do.

People that feel Zerk or go home plainly advertise for Mesmer/guardian and 4 Zerker teams only and often ask you to link your gear to get in their group. They don’t want to play with you or anyone else that doesn’t want to optimize their gameplay. most of the conversation, hostile or otherwise is started by non zerker lovers angry that they aren’t allowed into the berserker only club.

On a semantic side, Zerker isn’t the “best way to play” because best is subjective. It is however the most optimal way to play, assuming player skill is high.

lilstev.3498

I heard this move called “Dodge” was a really OP ability!
But I wouldn’t know, I run toughness, vitality, and healing power…..
Also I average about 200 dps.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

… the stats on your items only serve two roles : making you lose your own HP bar slower, and making the mobs lose their HP bar faster.

Lol, I just wanted to point out the funny side of this. Isn’t that how any game is really? It’s always about trying to get your enemies HP bar to move faster while making yours move slower. I mean that’s really the ultimate paradigm of video games: defeat enemy while preventing self from being defeated. Everything in the game serves to achieve those two things.

lilstev.3498

… the stats on your items only serve two roles : making you lose your own HP bar slower, and making the mobs lose their HP bar faster.

Lol, I just wanted to point out the funny side of this. Isn’t that how any game is really? It’s always about trying to get your enemies HP bar to move faster while making yours move slower. I mean that’s really the ultimate paradigm of video games: defeat enemy while preventing self from being defeated. Everything in the game serves to achieve those two things.

Woah brah! I didn’t go to Yale, calm down with the crazy mathematics.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I kind of wear zerker 100% of the time now. The thing is I can always range if I’m in trouble.

And you are probably better of wearing full zerker and use consumable, or sigil of bloodlust, or restoration etc things like that for defense.

And people need to stop with the “try those harder dungeon in zerker and you’ll see”. There are already numerous solo zerker video for dungeons. And only few dungeon which can’t be soloed are only due to mechanic.

Beside people forget the main point. The reason for numerous build/armor is so you can adapt. You are suppose to change armor and build, weapon and sigil in different situation.