Wider Background Music Variety [Suggestion]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

GW2, despite having customisable bgm files, I still suggest (stubbornly as this is my second thread on the matter) wider variety of BGM’s added.

There is already effort on the game about BGM, please don’t make it wasted by interrupting my incoming argument by defending the current situation with uhh customisable bgm files I’m not quite sure what it’s called like.

Anyway.
I have played Runescape (still playing in fact). It has respectable variety of music pieces, and it’s as if every place has a bgm composed for the sole purpose of describing the feeling of that 3d area. I have played Maplestory (2d game, and still playing) it doesn’t have a music piece for every map but for each area, yes. Actually, even a petty 2d game like Maplestory has far more BGM’s than for example… GW2. And that’s my whole point, and argument. RS, Maplestory… that cannot boast about graphics, can boast about music, in front of GW2. How dare you allow that?
And of course, World of Warcraft.
I have played it, but I’ve quit. Still, it had shifting BGM’s for each area, and STILL has far more BGM’s than GW2 has.

So these 3 games have more BGMs and thus, DEPTH, FEELING, HELP to get INSIDE THE GAME, compared to GW2.

BGMs is where I’m disappointed in at GW2.
Are you telling me I must download all tracks from around internet with who knows what viruses and work so I can enjoy BGM experience in GW2 a bit more?

That’s ridiculous.

We all know that music is what introduces us to the game, especially if it’s good.
And it must be unique… otherwise, it’s not that game. I can’t slam BGM’s from WoW and hear it’s GW2. No. It (music) must be UNIQUE TO THE GAME.

So please, listen to me, and the horrible state BGM is in GW2, and have a word right here in this topic.
This CAN’T go on!!!!

(edited by Pockethole.5031)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might find the recent interview with MacLaine Deimer, GW2 Music Composer, interesting. He talks about adding hours of music to the game.

Good luck.

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

You might find the recent interview with MacLaine Deimer, GW2 Music Composer, interesting. He talks about adding hours of music to the game.

Good luck.

It’s nice to see that even with all the focus on LS and the new expansion, other areas of the game aren’t being forgotten…
….

Except dungeons, RIP in pepperonis dungeon team.

Posted by: hrasna.3017

hrasna.3017

I’d like to hear the return of the GW1 themes!

I have the entire GW1 soundtrack, and it’s just so memorable

-Chris

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

-Chris

Doubt that will ever happen. Surely the agreement that ANet had with the original composers over the GW1 music does not include using it in GW2, and securing such an arrangement would entail quite a bit of legal work, I would imagine.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Really? I’m hearing Guild Wars 1 music by Jeremy Soule in the few places I’ve been to. (I’ve only been playing a week)

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Indeed. Many of the Guild Wars original soundtrack songs are used in Guild Wars 2. Some of my favorites. =)

Posted by: Unforgiven Azrael.6203

Unforgiven Azrael.6203

Factions is probably my favorite of any of the GW soundtracks, and I really hope it makes a return of some sort

Posted by: Unforgiven Azrael.6203

Unforgiven Azrael.6203

-Chris

Doubt that will ever happen. Surely the agreement that ANet had with the original composers over the GW1 music does not include using it in GW2, and securing such an arrangement would entail quite a bit of legal work, I would imagine.

Thats only how it works if they licences the music, if they paid the composers to make the soundtrack for them they own the music rights and can do with them how ever they please. (depending of course how their contracts work)

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

-Chris

They already use some tracks in GW1. For example, the GW1 halloween music is heard in some of the haunted areas of Ascalon.

It’d probably be easier to make your own compilation of GW1 and GW2 music though and place it into the music folder.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

Good luck.

HE BETTER NOT BE ALL TALK BUT MAN OF HIS WORD, or I don’t even need to remember to make another thread like this, (gasping for breath) because knowing myself, I’m programmed to make another one!!! I will be again, and again, and again so annoyed at the poor state of BGMS —- NO NO NO dont try to… to chill me with the customisation stuff, it’s not gonna work, i’ve become immune. don’t even try. it’s futile.

In any case I’m banned from the forum because making the thread again, well, have at it I’ve been banned before, worse yet, from forum I’ve met people from, but this will feel me nowhere!!! In any case I will be back and the cycle goes on.

edit: yeah ok lol let’s chill. sorry. but i cannot keep myself from trying. i’m not a sheep. i’m a goat.